• Luis Alberto (for Moses 66')

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Daniel Agger (for Sakho 67')

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Iago Aspas (for Sturridge 88')

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

LFC7NH

Here's the updated table through the Sunderland match.

R

RedRiot

Herb said:
Henderson - 92% pass accuracy, 100% tackle success rate (7 tackles), 12 ball recoveries. Think he gave a solid, dynamic performance and was good with the ball.
Very good performance from him. Hope he gets more opportunities centrally this season. I think he can be Ramsey-lite for us if he can add a bit more end product to his game. Very pleased with how he has come on over the last 8 months.

Bobbinho

Went with Henderson, close call with Sturridge but in terms of overall performance had to be Hendo for me.

norwegian wood

TIA Regular
Henderson for me. Very good and solid game, didn't put a foot wrong as far as I'm concerned. Aggressive when he had to be and showed intelligence with the ball - something the team needs more of.

ptt

2020, head of the table.
Hendo. He's like a gypsy in so much as he moves round the pitch to cover injury and subs. Some say a player can only play one position or they play badly because they're out of position. Hendo proves that if you're a good enough player with a good engine, you can play anywhere. Much like a young Stevie G. Well done Jordan :)

Upstate_Chad

TIA Youth Team
I am a vociferous supporter of Hendo, probably one of the loudest in his camp. His perfomance today is exactly what I expect of him every shift. However today's MOTM was our man Sakho.

He was a beast in the back. His speed and power are quite evident. I'll have to look at the stats to verify this gut observation. BUt I feel good with the the vote.

MarkMcC

TIA Squad Member
I'm agreeing with Chad but it was a close run thing against Henrderson and to a degree Sturridge. Sakho looked imperious out there and with the removal of the fancy flicks that had my heart in my mouth he looks steady. Would still prefer to see him in a cb pairing with Agger before rejoicing though.

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
Henderson for me. Easy to see where his best position is too. More mobile and pacy than Lucas with a better range of passing.
Sakho and Sturridge were also good today and I though Skrtel was solid too.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
I really don't want to see Mignolet getting man of the match again, it shows we are torrid defensively. Good that it's Henderson.

Chewbazza

Ad-free Member
Happy to give my vote to Suarez, though I nearly gave it to Gerrard purely for his fantastic personal acheivement.

Bleech

TIA Reserve Team
Was a tough call between Henderson and Sturridge for me but I've gone with Sturridge on this occasion cos he's class. As great as Henderson's tackling was there was quite a large gap between our midfield and defence that a more attuned DM might have tried to fill but it's his first game in that role and very promising one. His 7th different position for us, I think. Versatile. Looks like he might find a home at DM though.

On a side note, I notice 4 votes for Enrique. Funny, I remember thinking his final ball was terrible during the game, being frustrated by it on a few occasions yet... he got 2 assists didn't he?

Clive

Henderson looked strong in that role, used possession well. But my vote goes to Sakho, looked enthusiastic and a real beast (other than the dodgy clearance on his right foot that nearly skewed into the net).

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
With Hendo is it 33% passing 33% running 33% not bring Lucas?

He was alright, but nowhere near as good as some others.

R

RedRiot

Henderson did have a very good performance, though.

Probably 33% good performance, 33% not being Lucas, and 33% no clear cut MOTM. A different second half with more goals would have seen a forward take it, while Sakho was fantastic but removed early. Suarez was the best in the first 45 - Sakho/Henderson best overall for me.

To be fair to the voters, Lucas did get 39 MOTM votes against Stoke in which he had a very similar performance, only bettered by the 51 votes for Mignolet, which were warranted.

104TOSH

mystic, clown and philosopher
Hendo for me. Top class all round performance.
Sakho was a close second.

slufsar

Sakho looks like he can be a world class CB. Looking forward to see him develop.

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
Henderson did enough, for me, to ensure Lucas doesn't keep his place in the next match. Be interested to see how a Gerrard/Hendo midfield performs against a tough away fixture against the geordies

costared

TIA Reserve Team
Just voted Hendo and was pleasantly surprised to see so many people agreed with me.As Souey says ,it will be interesting to see how it works out against better opposition but his extra pace and industry in there certainly worked for us yesterday.

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
Interesting to see both toure and sahko get votes, but the guy in the centre, who figured just as prominently, and probably did the directing gets shunned again.

redbj said:
Interesting to see both toure and sahko get votes, but the guy in the centre, who figured just as prominently, and probably did the directing gets shunned again.
And you didn't vote for him either? ;-)

Quagmire81

TIA Regular
Who voted Sterling tho? :lol: that must count as sympathy vote. Alberto too.

jayrrardno8

TIA Reserve Team
Voted for Hendo.
Was at the game said to a few guys half way through second half Hendo for MOTM.
They said really you think so that will be a first.
i also got yeah why whats he done so got into a debate on why he should be.

SirBillShankly

We live in a fallen world.
Sturridge for me.

Brilliant goal, looked our most dangerous player and had a few other decent efforts and every time he had the ball he was class.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
I gave my vote to Sturridge, seeing that Hendo wins this easily, and probably deservedly so. But Daniel was superb as well. One of the guys to put a shift in the second half as well. Should have scored that second goal which bumped the inside of the post towards the end.

Obviously, Luis deserves a mention as well, alongside Sakho and Mignolet.