• Luis Suarez

Votes: 14 13.7%
  • Victor Moses (for Allen 68')

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Daniel Sturridge (for Lucas 79')

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

LFC7NH

Mignolet for me... made some massive, massive saves but the defense really let him down today. Suarez a close second.

Current MOTM Table:

Points column = 5 points for most votes in a match, 3 points for second most votes in a match, 1 point for third most votes in a match
Total votes = Total number of man of the match votes received

alphakilo

TIA Regular
Was between Mignolet and Flanagan for me...chose Mignolet in the end.

Suarez and Lucas were good (Lucas faded but was excellent in the first 60-odd minutes). Gerrard, Agger, Skrtel, Moses and Henderson just about acceptable.

Worst performers were Johnson and Allen.

zagueiro

TIA Squad Member
I voted Suarez! He's travelled thousands and thousands of miles during the International break and played 180 mins. He only arrived back in Liverpool on Thursday. he must be knackered and jetlagged. He then gets the shit literally kicked out of him by the Bitters, and still scores a beauty of a free kick. Class all round from him.

Though Mignolet pulled off some excellent saves tho.

LFC-Orlando

TIA First Team
Ad-free Member
Suarez for me. Simon was solid and saved us. But I can't imagine what would have happened without Luis's contribution.

bes

Mignolet hands down. Had some ridiculous saves which kept us in the game. Good positioning and forced people like Delafou to mess up

Redaido

TIA Youth Team
Simon gets my vote some world class shot stopping, closely followed by Suarez, he gave 100% as always, there are few premier league players who would of played on after the horrific tackle on him and the injury inflicted.

Johnston really looked poor, his head didn't seem in the game at all. I hope for his sake he was carrying some kind of injury that prevented him being 100% fit. Allen's miss was really shocking at such a pivital time of the match and his overall game wasn't much better, he is just physically and mentally too weak.

Oh and Stevie G's deliveries from set pieces are like a fine wine...they get better with age!

costared

TIA Reserve Team
Mig is the obvious choice but obviously Flanno deserves a special mention.

Bobbinho

Mignolet for me today, kept us in the game, seems to be our most consistent & reliable player.

Joshua179

Voted Flanno but it was very close between him and Mig. Without Mignolet we could have went 10 down, great goalkeeping

Toro

Florida Red
It tells you the type of derby it was when the keeper is MOTM in a 3-3 match.

kwala

TIA Regular
We would have got hammered apart from Mignolet being amazing. No contest.

Flanagan was immence too.

Herb

Mignolet, no doubt about it. Flano did well after letting players walk past him a few times. Probably the best of the rest.

Miklo

TIA's Cruijffonian
Suarez. Physicly impossible what he does. Was talking with the technical manager of the Dutch rugby association about recovery time at tournaments after long flights. He told the that basicly they need a few weeks before matches but at least 2-3 days to recover. We talked about Suarez aswell, impossible what he does he said. Physicly impossible but mentally somehow his body listens to his mindset. And that free kick! Just wow.

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
Voted for Saurez, all that travelling and turning in a game like he did was incredible.

But got to say Mignolet had an amazing game too, kept us right in it.

Bonnar-Of-The-Kop

Keeping It Simple
I went for Big Si. Not often a Keeper can come of a pitch having conceded 3 goals with his head held high, but when it could have been 6/7 you can only give him the MOTM award.

However, big congrats to young Flanno on an excellent performance. Some credit to BR for seeing how much more effective having a local lad in a game like this can be over a season-long loan but more experienced player. But, of course, Flanno still had to deliver and, despite the odd lapse in overall quality, his heart never left him and he should be lauded for it.

If we had a second and third place for this I would give my bronze medal to the Cap. Some may scoff and say Luis should have it, which would be fair as he was very good today (his FK was superb) but some of the set-pieces Stevie sent in today were incredible. For the first time in years I feel we actually could get a goal from corners/FKs, and that is purely down to the years of technical work Gerrard has put in coming good. Good show Old Man.

I could reel off the players who had bad games but I'd rather just accept that for incredible games like these to happen, someone has to screw up! Saying that, I will say that I've sent some Nytol to Joe Allen to help him sleep tonight after that miss....

spizfromoz

Mignolet for the saves, felt he above all kept us in the game after we lost it. Wish this was a 3-2-1 voting system, because Suarez and Flanagan were next best for me. Suarez The Relentless. He drives us to attack. Flanagan showed a technical ability and patience on the ball that i did not know he had. Level head.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Suarez for me. Mignolet with all of his stops, he failed to organised his defence which led to those set piece goals. Clean sheet a keeper takes the credit, concede he has to share that blame as well.

norwegian wood

TIA Regular
Mignolet was boss and Flanagan also impressed me, but I vote Suarez. A mental beast. Should obviously have scored with the header, but shit happens.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
norwegian wood said:
Mignolet was boss and Flanagan also impressed me, but I vote Suarez. A mental beast. Should obviously have scored with the header, but shit happens.
At least he drew a save from Howard. He plaxed the header the opposite direction of the keeper, unfortunately for him did not generate enough power and direction away from the keeper. Howard's reaction save with his left was as good as Mignolet's block. But what a free kick from hin though. Good power and pace, and that curl to place the ball through the wall was something else.

shachart

"You're supposed to help people that need a bit."
I wanted to ask why did anybody voted for Allen, but then I got it.
the most memorable thing from the game was his miss, so i gues its something.

Chewbazza

Ad-free Member
Joshua179 said:
Voted Flanno but it was very close between him and Mig. Without Mignolet we could have went 10 down, great goalkeeping
Exactly what he said.

TheSweetSilverSong

Mignolet for me. Everton dominated the game, and the reason it did not translate into a scoreline, and the reason we had the chance to even win the game, was Mignolet.
Even though normally I wouldn't give a keeper or a defender the MOTM when conceding 3, the reason above makes it clear for me.

104TOSH

mystic, clown and philosopher
the Belgian, for me, edges the Magic Imp on this occasion.