• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

MOTM vs Hull City (H)

Who's your MOTM?

• Simon Mignolet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Glen Johnson

• Martin Skrtel

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Daniel Agger

Votes: 32 34.4%
  • Aly Cissokho

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Lucas Leiva

Votes: 9 9.7%
  • Jordan Henderson

Votes: 33 35.5%
  • Raheem Sterling

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Iago Aspas

• Philippe Coutinho

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Luis Suarez

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • Kolo Toure (for Johnson 55')

• Steven Gerrard (for Aspas 62')

• Total voters

LFC7NH

Updated MOTM table through Chelsea:

Points column = 5 points for most votes in a match, 3 points for second most votes in a match, 1 point for third most votes in a match
Total votes = Total number of man of the match votes received

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Agger, Skrtel, Henderson, Suarez etc take your pick, no huge standout performers.

I chose Henderson though. He's played virtually every game hasn't he? Dipped in form for me but his last few performances have been very good. His passing is becoming increasingly effective, work rate hasn't dropped and he's making those bursting runs from midfield. If he keeps progressing and learns how to finish he'll be an excellent midfielder.

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
Agger was rock solid with a goal upon return to startingXI. Hope he keeps it up

Joshua179

Henderson for me, playing with a knock and still making run after run. To be cliche, 'I've just seen him run past my house' :D

Defuz

Suarez. Dominated the front line. Demands attention and creates opening for others as a result. The free kick was awesome. Iced it. Better finishing and this would have been a lopsided 4/5-0 drubbing. Hendo was a close second. Love what I see from him more and more.

WrongIslander

Agger for me, not just his goal but he was defensively sound and really brought the ball forward well not allowing Hull to pressure us at all.

MarkMcC

TIA Squad Member
Henderson. His quality of play has been consistent but has also really blossomed into an assertive leader. Great today to see him pointing and cajoling. Even fronted up to Huddleston and told him where to go!

schmee

Master of Ashla and Bogan.
How can people possibly choose Henderson for man of the match today after that performance when according to a "very knowledgeable poster" he was dreadful?

This poster stated he shouldn't have even been picked and was clearly of the opinion that Henderson playing was ruining our chances.

And of course this poster obviously hasn't been making snide comments about Henderson for ages now and in no shape or form is a complete idiot with an agenda.

Anyway onto the poll. I actually thought we ended the match with the nice dilemma over who to pick as man of the match as there were a few people who could've gotten it.

Agger had a great game returning to the centre. Suarez as always (seemingly) scored a belter, although anything less than a superman performance almost seems like a bad game for him after the level he's been at all season.

Skrtel for me was an awful lot better. If he can try and compete at defensive set pieces then he can be a very good player. I'm happy to give him credit when it's due. Unfortunately I've seen him revert too often to his 'ignore the ball' mode to feel totally secure with him but I did think he'd a good game today.

ahmedshishini

Agger was today back to his good old days of 2006 to 2009 when him and Carragher were the best CB partnership in England. I also think that we had the most clean sheets this season with him in the team next to skrtl. So i hope he continues this form and cement his place in the first team.

Matt

Poor Scouser Tommy
Admin
Lucas, Henderson, Agger, Coutinho - in that order.

Dane

Adios!
Ad-free Member
Henderson for me.
Coutinho would have been in with a shout, but by fuck his shooting has to be the worst at the club.

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
I voted Henderson also, he was all over the pitch. Agger played well but due to Hull not really offering much in terms of offensive threat - have to give it to Henderson.

LiVeRp0oL89

@LFC7NH

Quick question.. how do you determine the points for most votes in a match..?

Do you have a cut off period for each poll or something as seemingly, the number of votes and ranking of a player could change at any time if the poll remains open continuously.

I love all this statistical bollocks so it would pain me if the process is not done proper lol

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
Hendo for me, as he was everywhere, thought Skrtel and Agger has good shifts as well.

Mada

TIA 2nd Team
What surprises me most about this list is that Coutinho is so low. I think his low vote count is justifiable and understandable but at the start of the season I would have imagined he would be in the top 4 or 5.

I went with Dagger (over Henderson). His defending was tight (although never under serious fire) and he added a goal. It was nice to see him back near the level we expect.

basil1492

TIA Squad Member
I voted Hendo as well though it was close with Agger. I sort of noticed Hendo most because i was explaining to the kids about his work rate and kept saying yeah, that's Hendo tackling him there, that's Hendo in attack now, yep that's Hendo tackling back in our box.I guess that sort of made me take more notice of him but he really was everywhere. About 80 minutes in the boys said but he's walking back there, had to laugh that it took that long for them to notice him walking back once.

Quagmire81

TIA Regular
Agger for me, his matchwinning goal woke us up when we needed it.

Both Henderson and coutinho did very well, but missing them sitters in the first half is not MOTM worthy for me.

Binomial

Visionary Tactician
agger for me with skrtel and lucas a close 2nd. hendo looked average at best for me and thought he looked very tired, credit to hull though who did play very well ( mainly at keeping the ball ) albeit without creating.

cw37

Yeah i agree with everyone else. Agger, Henderson, Suarez. Although Luis scored too i have gone for Agger because a goal for a defender is more of a achievement.

LFC7NH

LiVeRp0oL89 said:
@LFC7NH

Quick question.. how do you determine the points for most votes in a match..?

Do you have a cut off period for each poll or something as seemingly, the number of votes and ranking of a player could change at any time if the poll remains open continuously.

I love all this statistical bollocks so it would pain me if the process is not done proper lol
When I create the latest MOTM poll I take the current tally of votes from the previous match and record them. So if something changes after I've already recorded them it won't be taken into consideration. Not sure if there's a way to close the polls.

TheSweetSilverSong

On a day we got a clean sheet - which was together with the Spurs one the only ones in these past few months, vs a team that scored 3 past us in their ground and 6 in their last EPL game, I'd give it to Agger, who I thought was very solid defensively and felt he was bossing the defense and getting the ball forward.

I'd have competition for him (Henderson mostly), but he also scored the 1st goal, breaking the deadlock before half time which was very important.

So even though other players had a very good game, I think Agger deserves it without a second thought by me.

Long may he continue perform like that!!

wembley 65

TIA Youth Team
hendo for me, he is really beginning to fulfill his potential and becoming a superb player.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Agger for me. He was great all match and showed once again that form is temporary, but class is permanent.

Mentions for Suarez, Henderson, Lucas, Skrtel.

SirBillShankly

We live in a fallen world.
DAgger the main man for me, we look a better side with him in it.

Thought Henderson was once-again excellent. Unbelievable energy and used the ball really well.

Coutinho was decent but needs A LOT of practice on his shooting, if he gets that sorted we will have an awesome player.

WellRedKev

TIA Reserve Team
I can't see how anyone could give it to agger bar his goal he was shaky on more than one occasion. Skrtel was far better in beside him. I think some people don't watch the games.

Henderson was man of match for me, for about the second time this season in my opinion. Not the twentieth time according to some voters. Henderson is defo the new Lucas in terms of over praise and lustful advances on the forum!!!!

Henderson is defo improving which is great to see I was critical of his performances and confidence bit never his work ethic and it seems he's becoming a regular on merit. Fair play to him big time. His lofted pass to coutinho was a million miles away from the player he was for the previous two seasons. Still long way to go but he's going the right way about it.

Deserved MoM for me.