• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

MOTM vs Manchester United (A)

Who's your MOTM?

• Simon Mignolet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jon Flanagan

Votes: 12 8.9%
  • Martin Skrtel

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Daniel Agger

• Glen Johnson

• Steven Gerrard

Votes: 96 71.1%
  • Jordan Henderson

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • Joe Allen

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • Daniel Sturridge

• Raheem Sterling

• Luis Suarez

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • Philippe Coutinho (for Sterling 72')

• Total voters

LFC7NH

Gerrard for me. Not for his 2 brilliant penalties but for everything else he was doing on the pitch.

Current MOTM Table:

Points column = 5 points for most votes in a match, 3 points for second most votes in a match, 1 point for third most votes in a match
Total votes = Total number of man of the match votes received

Bleech

TIA Reserve Team
Henderson for me. Pressing like a monster all game.

Celtic Dragon

TIA's Tusken Druid
Can only be Gerrard. He was immense all match. The penalties were just the icing on the cake.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Hard one, everyone did their jobs very well without anybody doing exceptionally better than anybody else. Had to choose Gerrard because of his penalties but could have gone for nearly anybody. Think they all played at 100%!

Maria

EPL, European & FIFA World club Champions❤✊
Ad-free Member
Without a shadow of a doubt, it has to be Gerrard. He is a confidant penalty taker but above all he is a great leader who steers the ship in the right direction and a motivational mentor for his team on the pitch.

OhYaBeauty

Flanno. Perhaps a sympathy vote, but he, like Gerrard, embodied the fight in our squad which won us the game. It was awesome seeing him come out of his half to make tackles high up the pitch, and ultimately he won the ball back nine times over the course of the match. That, along with a particularly good moment where he marked Fellaini and another couple where he had some good dribbles, is why he gets my vote.

And to do it all in a huge match away from home after receiving an early yellow card? Excellent. Big game player.

norwegian wood

TIA Regular
Difficult. Allen, Johnson, Gerrard, Henderson and Flanagan were all brilliant; the movement of the front three was exquisite - and Mignolet, Agger and Skrtel dealt with what they had to deal with. Above all, this was a rock solid team performance.

My immediate thought was Allen, Gerrard or Johnson, so I'm voting Gerrard because of the goals.

cardiffpete

TIA Reserve Team
Flanno for me too.

Just commitment-wise first half-hour, plus in keeping going to always press-forward. Maybe a bit lucky to stay on the pitch, but Rafael was even luckier. We were very far from our best on the day (especially SAS), but did more than enough.

Flanno embodied that spirit more than anyone else as well, and it was also Flanno's first-ever game vs ManU.

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
My heart was beating like fuck as he stood there for that penalty. Christ knows what was going on with him. That's why you need Steven Gerrard in your football team.

tesh

TIA New Signing
ManU were MOTM for me. They played an inspirational match advertising a fear of loosing - while obliging in doing so but I digress. Let us not take anything away from our performance but they were just soooo good in their performance!

lovepool

Clattenberg for having the balls to give three penalties at that dump.

Gerrad for being a leader today and being cool under pressure. Thumping Fellaini was a highlight also he hit a brilliant 40 yard pass low to Johnson in the first half. He showed great technique to play the pass and it was like a Tiger Woods stinger off the tee.

shachart

"You're supposed to help people that need a bit."
really wanted to give it to Flanagan, he was amazing. Went with Gerrard at the, he had an almost perfect performance, bossed the midfield, was always there when an interception was needed.

To be honest, the true man of the match was BR, you could see his fingerprints all over.

Bobbinho

shachart said:
really wanted to give it to Flanagan, he was amazing. Went with Gerrard at the, he had an almost perfect performance, bossed the midfield, was always there when an interception was needed.

To be honest, the true man of the match was BR, you could see his fingerprints all over.
I agree, Flanno deserves a shout, Gerrard stood up & i voted for him for MOTM, but BR was the boss today.

Get in. :D

Drubas

I'm gonna give it to Allen. Great press, great positioning. He was the glue that helt us together. "His" penalty came at the perfect time, and was a real game changer.

Flanno needs a special mention. United seemed set on attacking to the right, but they didn't get anywhere.

Lucas

Gotta be Gerrard, but very special shouts for Allen and Henderson who absolutely bossed the midfield with their pressing, lost count of the times we closed down United players with 2 or more and stole possession. Absolutely top performance from our whole midfield today.

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
Went for Stevie, looks like he's getting younger.

Special mentions to Flanno who is really starting to look the part and Hendo and Allen who kept the midfield as their own all game.

ptt

2020, head of the table.
Best moment of the day? David De Gea's save. Utter brilliance so he gets my vote.

Libero

Gerrard, closely followed by flanno for the twatting he gave to everyone in his way.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Missed a pen, but still man of the match performance. Superb captain.

Chewbazza

Ad-free Member
I almost want to give it to Mignolet. Sure he only did one thing but if Rooney's shot had gone in it could be a different story.

However Captain Marvel gets it and deserves it.

SirBillShankly

We live in a fallen world.
Gerrard, no question, a real captain's performance, he was immense and hard as nails to boot.

Clive

Yep Gerrard, Hendo and Allen all very good. United were a rabble, and our three in the middle largely controlled their two (plus Rooney and or Mata at times). Well set up and well played boys!

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
WrongIslander said:
How on Earth does Martin Skrtel only have one vote?

Madness.
How on Earth does Agger have none? Funny how Skrtel seems to read the game well and be on the right side of attackers when he is communicating with Agger yet they're the two biggest criticisms aimed against him when Agger doesn't play!

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
DAVID MOYES - MOTM. Football Genius

Zoran

Stevie.

Flanno was very good defensively, also pressed well when he felt he could, seemed like he relished the pressure. Januzaj looked a bit sharp though when he was switched out over to the right and Jon maybe got away with a second yellow.

CB pair reminded of some of the old days though their front two (or whole team if you like) looked like they play for separate teams, I especially expected more from Rooney, but who knows what the manager's instructions were, as usually this season, they were all miles from each other.

Great help from both Allen and Henderson; focus, hard work, aggressive but clean in their challenges, no fear on the ball, kept things more or less simple that gave us control in the vital area as United really left it all too open, no shape what so ever, hence our decision to stick with the diamond.