• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

MOTM vs Manchester United (A)

Who's your MOTM?

• Simon Mignolet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jon Flanagan

Votes: 12 8.9%
  • Martin Skrtel

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Daniel Agger

• Glen Johnson

• Steven Gerrard

Votes: 96 71.1%
  • Jordan Henderson

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • Joe Allen

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • Daniel Sturridge

• Raheem Sterling

• Luis Suarez

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • Philippe Coutinho (for Sterling 72')

• Total voters

LFC-Orlando

TIA First Team
Ad-free Member
Our collective defensive effort. It was so well orchestrated, we proved again that when our midfield helps, our defense is solid.

But since I can't give it to 9 players, I had to vote for our captain, who like a true leader led us to victory.

jimbo

TIA Regular
Gerrard, no question.
What a performance from the team though. Allen and Henderson were just awesome.
i though Johnson also had a great game.. maybe something to do with his contract ha

Lfcwhelo

TIA New Signing
Went for Hendo, thought he was immense all game. Hard to argue against giving it to anyone of them. It was just a great all round team performance

Sionach

Resident Athiest
Had to go for Flanno.
Thought once again he held his own against full internationals.
Could have gone for the skipper but thought Flanno was equality committed.

KraznyIvan

Didnt vote for anyone. No one stands out for me in what was an assured, comfortable team performance.

More like this please!

MarkMcC

TIA Squad Member
Joe Allen. Intelligent running, some great interceptions and even had a shot (kinda). Team looks better with him in it

All Day

TIA Reserve Team
Has to be Gerrard. Sure he scored the penalties but it was his whole game. It seemed like every time Rooney tried to get some space on the top of the box Stevie was there to block his path. Then he would be in the perfect spot for a pass at the other end. He really was everywhere and his influence was immense.

Do have to mention Henderson and Allen though too. Stevie had a great game but those two were pressing very well through the middle. Allen said he wanted to earn his way back into the line up. Well I think that Lucas is going to have a tough time getting his spot back if Allen keeps playing like that.

jimmydestiny

In between the lines
norwegian wood said:
Difficult. Allen, Johnson, Gerrard, Henderson and Flanagan were all brilliant; the movement of the front three was exquisite - and Mignolet, Agger and Skrtel dealt with what they had to deal with. Above all, this was a rock solid team performance.

My immediate thought was Allen, Gerrard or Johnson, so I'm voting Gerrard because of the goals.
My thoughts and actions summed up nicely. Cheers.

alphakilo

TIA Regular
For once I'm not voting for anyone in particular. I thought everyone did their jobs brilliantly, from Johnson(who I thought was our weakest player) and Rodgers, to Clattenberg and Football Genius. Well done to everyone involved in the game, long may it continue.

huwzie

TIA Regular
To think that there was some of us who were willing to write Gerrard off.

Rodgers will extend Gerrards career by years.

For me I would have to give it to the captain. Gutted he missed te 3rd penalty. Mad game. Brilliant performance.

Onwards to Cardiff. Let's hope Rodgers keeps their feet on the ground.

Hard place to go Cardiff.