• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

MOTM vs Manchester United (H)

Who's your MOTM?

• Simon Mignolet

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Glen Johnson

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Martin Skrtel

Votes: 53 31.5%
  • Daniel Agger

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • Jose Enrique

• Lucas Leiva

• Steven Gerrard

Votes: 16 9.5%
  • Philippe Coutinho

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Iago Aspas

• Jordan Henderson

Votes: 53 31.5%
  • Daniel Sturridge

Votes: 21 12.5%
  • Raheem Sterling (for Aspas 60')

• Andre Wisdom (for Johnson 78')

• Luis Alberto (for Coutinho 84')

• Total voters

Doggie

Resident Optimist
Great to see Skittles back at his best, hope there is a future for him with us.

kipland007

TIA Youth Team
Gerrard for me. There have been times in the past where I've questioned how vocal of a leader he is but he really pulled the weight of the captaincy. Was everywhere after playing 120 minutes less than a week ago.

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
Skrtel was IMMENSE - Daggers place is at threat with the new lads we've brought in

TFC

TIA Squad Member
Such a tough one. A great case could be made for so many players.

Gotta give it to Gerrard. But god knows a good case could be made for 4-5 players different today.

CJ_LFC

I am boss!
Skrtel - Agger still have that great partnership from Kennys era! MOTM Skrtel really fought tooth and nail to give us the 3 points we deserved, glad we never sent him off to Napoli.

MarkMcC

TIA Squad Member
Henderson

Cool, calm and fucking everywhere. others have pinpointed him to eventually take Gerrard's place and today was first time that I got their point

Superior Complex

I'd go with Henderson but you know what I wish I could give it to the team. If you want to see what team spirit is, watch that match.

rab

Henderson for me.

He was everywhere, breaking up the play, offering an outball, circulating the ball well and breaking forward to support when neccesary. It's not the kind of role that wins you the plaudits but he was vital in that game and I felt he showed up Carrick and Cleverley in terms of work rate, pressing, tackling, passing and intelligent play. Bet Cleverley is still the one picked by Hodgson for England though.

dxb_red

henderson was fantastic...i felt before hand that his energy could be the difference, and i was right...he was superb...

Chewbazza

True Believer
Ad-free Member
Bit torn.

I keep not giving it to Sturridge even though he's been the difference in all the games.

Oh well, Hendo it is, due to his energy and passion. He was the epitomy of what the team showed. Sturridge can have the player of the season vote if he keeps this up though.

Herb

Cannot look beyond Skrtel. As I've already said, given the circumstances he was immense. To come back from injury with no match practice and with uncertainty over your future, it is a credit to the man that he was able to put in a performance like that in such a big game.

gb1986

Herb said:
Cannot look beyond Skrtel. As I've already said, given the circumstances he was immense. To come back from injury with no match practice and with uncertainty over your future, it is a credit to the man that he was able to put in a performance like that in such a big game.
Also went for Skrtel for exactly the same reasons

Bobbinho

Gerrrard, thought the guy was immense today, don't think we would have survived out there without him, not the obvious choice but the work he is putting in is astounding, a sterling effort from our captain.

norwegian wood

TIA Regular
Skrtel for me, because of the circumstances. Could easily have been Agger, Sturridge or Henderson. Gerrard, Mignolet and both full backs also very solid.

nemeth29

TIA New Signing
Hendo is my choice today. Work rate was immense, worked his socks off all game! looked composed on the ball, his passing was bang on, good strong running on the ball from him again today too.

Was impressed with him towards the end of last season, and he's came on leaps and bounds again this season. Far from his biggest fan at the start of his LFC career, but he's really starting to look the part for us :D

Defuz

Gerrard for his leadership and steady play anchoring the team. It was between he and Henderson or Lucas who held the midfield under control, dictated pace and forced MU wide or around, effectively frustrating them through the match. Skittles did himself a lot of good in his return.

I know neither are an option, but I've also got to give a nod to the team play as a whole, and to Brendan who's building a solid foundation.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
Henderson. Lad was everywhere, he is going to be a very crucial player this season. I love players like hendo,finnan, kuyt. They do their work brilliantly. Unsung heros.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
I'd pick the entire team if I can, well maybe not Aspas. But I went again for the goal scorer, if it wasn't for his goal we would not be wearing this smile for weeks to come.

Ataturk

★★★★★
Has to be Skrtel, especially considering his lack of preseason and the manager's lack of faith in him. It was the perfect type of game for Martin and he was excellent. Possibly his last game for the club, he can leave with his head held high if that's to be the case.

don0124

nice defending from skrtel, a good headache for rodger though i expect sakho and agger to be our cbs in future, toure old and will soon move on, ilori is a youngster and coates i believe will be sold. with skrtel and wisdom backup

sakho agger
toure skrtel
wisdom coates ilori

104TOSH

mystic, clown and philosopher
Some outstanding performances today, but Stevie G gets my vote for a dominant performance. Immense.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Ataturk said:
Has to be Skrtel, especially considering his lack of preseason and the manager's lack of faith in him. It was the perfect type of game for Martin and he was excellent. Possibly his last game for the club, he can leave with his head held high if that's to be the case.
My thoughts exactly. That was a stellar hard-nosed performance against one of the most dangerous forwards in football, and with very little preparation. Some real courage and character shown today.

Chewbazza

True Believer
Ad-free Member
He never was and there are always possible circumstances in which a player should be sold.