• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

MOTM vs Manchester United (H)

Who's your MOTM?

• Simon Mignolet

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Glen Johnson

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Martin Skrtel

Votes: 53 31.5%
  • Daniel Agger

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • Jose Enrique

• Lucas Leiva

• Steven Gerrard

Votes: 16 9.5%
  • Philippe Coutinho

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Iago Aspas

• Jordan Henderson

Votes: 53 31.5%
  • Daniel Sturridge

Votes: 21 12.5%
  • Raheem Sterling (for Aspas 60')

• Andre Wisdom (for Johnson 78')

• Luis Alberto (for Coutinho 84')

• Total voters

LFC-Orlando

TIA First Team
Martin for me. And he was never shit. And I always disagreed with our manager, even though I'm an internet nobody.

The man is not made for games against Arsenal and Swansea. But he is made for games like this. Marginal games against physical, demanding, "giant status" opponents.

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
Gave it to Hendo, but I really would have liked to give it to Skrtel as well.

Hendo worked his heart out,god running,spot on with his passes, always liked him and he's getting better year by year.

Skrtel another I've liked,he was great today, a handful for their forwards and he does play well with Agger,as we saw a couple of seasons back.
Really hope this was not his last game for us.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Srktel for me and a bit of humble pie needs eating for me, though I was never massively critical, I actually thought Carragher excelled at the back (which reflected worse on Srktel's performances), which was probably helped by the fact he knew it was his last 4 months of his career.

The other player was Henderson for me, the lad is excelling this season, I'm a massive fan of Allen but you simply can't fault what Henderson has done so far but it is good for the team.

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
Surprised to see Henderson getting the nod! But happy for him! He does deserve some plaudits coming his way!. Skrtel did well but just not sure whether the boat has sailed for him. It would be hard to keep 5 CBs happy. But its a good problem to have. Also surprised that not more people voted for Johnson. In my opinion, he had one of the best performances for us last night. Was really solid going up front and was aggressive in defence.

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
Johnson. Mancs love to throw that ball into the box, he didn't give Young space and kept the right side of the pitch moving forward rather than just hoofing it forward.

auzziez

Tbh did not have very high hopes on him and was unsure about his composure coming straight into big game like this. But Skrtel make me swallow my own words. Was immense yesterday. My MOTM.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Ad-free Member
Voted for Hendo, the lad is growing into a proper Liverpool player before our eyes, and he was everywhere yesterday. Proper box-to-box performance and I'm delighted that all the faith I've kept in him over the past couple of years is starting to be repaid.

Always had an outstanding engine, but added a lot more maturity and tactical awareness (which he has acknowledged in a recent interview on how Rodgers has helped bring his game on) so that he's a real asset for the first-team now.

Seeing him make a fool of Evra on one forward surge, and getting a good cross in after, was my personal highlight of him yesterday.

Canuck33

Banned Users
don0124 said:
nice defending from skrtel, a good headache for rodger though i expect sakho and agger to be our cbs in future, toure old and will soon move on, ilori is a youngster and coates i believe will be sold. with skrtel and wisdom backup

sakho agger
toure skrtel
wisdom coates ilori
I wouldn't count out Kelly. He's got everything we need from a CB. Can see him and Sakho being the go to guys in a couple of years.

Showdown

TIA Reserve Team
I voted for skrtel because what a stage to come back to and perform aswell as he did, half wish he got into a provoked fight with RVP just to see him destroy that sly, arrogant pri

CARRADONA

TIA Youth Team
really difficult to pick this one..but i went for Sturridge. The way he is dropping into Midfield, his passing, control and hold up play (not just a finisher!) is really developing & he is becoming a multi dimensional player. Rather like Van Persie in fact but nearly 10 years younger, 1/2 the price and without the twatty attitude ;)

Lockhart

mattyhurst said:
Bit like United fans currently feel
Usually dread international breaks but it's quite lovely knowing we're on top of the league for the next two weeks.

Defuz

artanisknarf said:
It's the team for me this time.
Some saw this player play big, some that, a few the other, and don't forget 'so-and-so'. But as I said, I saw a unit playing well together, and that's huge. Heading in the right direction. Not blazing a trail, but slow and steady.

Le_hunt

Agger's knuckles
Hendo. fucking boss. can't be arsed enough to copy/paste my opinion on his game in the post-match thread, though.

OLDIE

TIA New Signing
Ad-free Member
Hendo was awesome, movement, support, availability had everything quality player

spizfromoz

Es maluco, filho da puta!
van Persie couldv'e changed the game in a split second, so keeping him frustrated and out of the game made a massive difference, so I voted for Skrtel.

But I'm so glad Henderson was acknowledged for his work across the pitch. How he develops this year was going to be a highlight for me.

icemanwan

TIA Youth Team
Tot G was immense, dominated the midfield with Lucas and Hendo forcing the ball to be played long or to the wings, tackling was inch perfect, set piece corner led to the goal. Just forgot his scoring boots cos had he scored from the free kick, MOTM is his outright.
The spat with RVP at the end of half - class