• Daniel Sturridge

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Martin Kelly (for Lucas 67')

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Raheem Sterling (for Moses 82')

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

LFC7NH

Disappointed with the result but overall pleased with the effort. Had enough chances to win it, needed to be better in the final third... Gave my vote to Kolo, thought he played great but a number of others could have gotten it from me as well.

Defuz

Gave it to Lucas for his work rate. Despite many detractors of late, I think he was solid. In all honesty, I was also pleased with Henderson, Koure, Skrtel, Sahko and Migs. A good team effort.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Picked luis. one of the back three or him, nobody else comes close

Defuz

ILLOK said:
Picked luis. one of the back three or him, nobody else comes close
I was happy to see he worked his buns off. A step off, just needs some fine tuning.

Clive

I can't make up my mind, no one stood out as being particularly impressive to me , although it was a decent team performance. Too many wrong options in the final third for a forward to be motm.

Sound as a Pound

TIA Midfield General
Clive said:
I can't make up my mind, no one stood out as being particularly impressive to me , although it was a decent team performance. Too many wrong options in the final third for a forward to be motm.
agree with this

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Gave it to Kolo, for his never-say-die attitude, his forward runs, and him constantly trying to motivate his team-mates. He was at fault for conceding the corner which led to the goal (a bit of a freak incident that...) but otherwise, I can't remember him putting one foot wrong during that game.

Special mentions to Mignolet (good saves late in the game to keep the result at 1-0), Skrtel and Sakho who looked at ease in that formation with three CB's, and Enrique.

Good performance from Skrtel as well, bar his behaviour on the corner leading to the goal, which was a bit suspect. Lack of concentration? Probably applies to all players defending this corner though...

Henderson was his usual engaged self, but lacked quality in key moments, like that shot in front of goal from ten yards which went past the post instead of in the net, or putting some unprecise crosses in from good positions. Lovely little moment though in the first half, when he slotted that through pass towards Suarez which would have resulted in a goal, hadn't Luis been short in match practice.

Insufficient performances imo from Gerrard and Lucas. If both of them had been on song, we would have washed this manc team away with ease, especially during the second half (they really were there for the taking). As it was, there wasn't enough fluidity between midfield and attack, and more often than not, our attacking players would struggle to receive the ball in a really good position.

Our attacking players finally looked stale at times, for different reasons: not always receiving the best balls, Luis being a bit rusty, Daniel experiencing a bit of a drought now after his great initial spell (maybe a physical issue here), and Moses still trying to find his feet in his new team.

I'm confident that we will improve with time going by, and the goals will come. We need to cut out these concentration issues on defending set pieces though, and I can't wait for Coutinho to come back and add again that little extra of vision and quality to the team.

TheSweetSilverSong

Mignolet for me!

Wanted to give it to Kolo as he was great and I loved him in DM when Kelly was subbed in, but I think that his mistake in giving in the corner that costed us the goal was needless and very avoidable, he was in control of the ball and should have done better.

I think it's the keepers for both teams. Had it not been for De Gea's saves we could have taken it to ET or even win it, and had it not been for Mignolet's performance in saving what would normally be goals, we would have been talking about a very bad loss, and he stood out for me! Not fault at the goal, too close and too perfectly executed, Enrique should have marked Hernandez, but otherwise had a good game.

ptt

2020, head of the table.
Kolo for me, all round good effort and seeing him in and around their box was a delight.

SirBillShankly

We live in a fallen world.
Mignolet.

No-one was particularly special but our 'keeper earned his wages more than any other out there. Thought Kolo and Skrtel did alright aswell.

I want to know who voted for Kelly. That has to be a joke right?

LeoT

Enrique was good tonight.
He was back to his strong, fast self, a couple of really good crosses too.

Defuz

SirBillShankly said:
I want to know who voted for Kelly. That has to be a joke right?
Amen. His best move was running on to the field. After that he disappeared. Maybe the same person who voted for Aspas against Swansea?

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
Gave it to Kolo,good all round effort apart from that corner.
But shit happens!

Skrtel was good as well, having a good start to the season since BR remembered he was here.

104TOSH

mystic, clown and philosopher
Henderson for me, my wife says he runs like a giraffe! Women eh! Funny creatures!