Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Raheem Sterling (for Johnson 83')

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

LFC-Orlando

TIA First Team
Ad-free Member
WellRedKev said:
Well a vote for Sturridge as Man of The Match is basically saying "I haven't a clue" if you ask me.
Made one. Scored the other. I have a clue. That's called unbelievable productivity for a striker who was having a bad game.

And boy, how did he "make" the first one. One of the finest balls you'll ever see. And as far as how he followed Luis's play and placed himself? You call it, Luis gave it to him on a platter, I call it world-class striker placement and finishing. Daniel won us the draw.

WellRedKev

TIA Reserve Team
ILLOK said:
Not wanting to substitute Sturridge for Sterling is not giving him an untouchable status though is it? Come on, let's be sensible and stop putting words in my mouth.

Sturridge has about 10x the amount of goals and 2x the amount of assists (or more) than Sterling has in 10-15 less games at this level. Even on an off day he is a far more effective attacking player than Sterling. Subbing off one of your best players because of an under par first 45 for a kid who's been in poor form for going on a year isn't the percentage play there. And what about Moses? he was the worst player on the park.

I just think you're trying to be a bit too clever or controversial to be honest.
i'm not. Your not seeing the consequence of what your saying in your first response to mine.

Controversial yeah, taking off a player who's not playing well. Will leave it at that.

2 points dropped but LFC Orlando is saying Daniel "won" us the draw.

WellRedKev

TIA Reserve Team
LFC-Orlando said:
Made one. Scored the other. I have a clue. That's called unbelievable productivity for a striker who was having a bad game.

And boy, how did he "make" the first one. One of the finest balls you'll ever see. And as far as how he followed Luis's play and placed himself? You call it, Luis gave it to him on a platter, I call it world-class striker placement and finishing. Daniel won us the draw.
Just shows how we made a mess of the opportunity that presented itself.

Agree to disagree on sturridges performance.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
You're both overstating things far too dramatically.

He did not lose the ball " 9 times out of 10" and the pass wasn't "one of the best you'll ever see", though it was very good.

Gravitate towards the centre a little and you'll be closer to the truth

WellRedKev

TIA Reserve Team
ILLOK said:
You're both overstating things far too dramatically.

He did not lose the ball " 9 times out of 10" and the pass wasn't "one of the best you'll ever see", though it was very good.

Gravitate towards the centre a little and you'll be closer to the truth
How anyone can give him the MOM vote is beyond me. I wont deviate from that stance.

Dane

NEXT!
Ad-free Member
Gerrard MOTM by a country mile.
Sturridge helped "win" us the draw.
Rodgers helped "lose" us the win.

Johnson, Skrtel and Toure were reasonably good.
Moses, and Sahko were particularly bad.
Most others were mediocre.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Zoran said:
Yeah Stevie purely because of the chances created, was better as the game went on but he provided more than enough chances in a crucial period when we should've won it but our finishing was poor. Love it when goalkeepers provoke him before penalties, brings the best out of him and raises his concentration that little bit more (Helton did the same with Porto against us in 2007).

Also agree on Skrtel that he had a good game, did his job when it was needed.
Would agree with this, mate, apart his behaviour on the set piece which brought the goal. Instead of going for the ball, which he wouzld have reached, he pushes his man away, and creates a void where the ball falls right in, surprising everyone of his team-mates. I think he's as much at fault here as Cissokho.

Dane said:
(...)

Moses, and Sahko were particularly bad.
Most others were mediocre.
Agree that Moses wasn't really good (don't really see him as a nr. 10, Philippe can't come back early enough...) apart from that move leading to the 2-2. At that moment, he was brillant and set Luis up on his way with a lovely ball.

As for Sakho, I have maybe missed something, but I don't think he was that bad to be honest. Did his defensive job correctly as far as I remember.

alphakilo

TIA Regular
Hope offered a different take on that in his post.

Hope in your heart said:
Would agree with this, mate, apart his behaviour on the set piece which brought the goal. Instead of going for the ball, which he wouzld have reached, he pushes his man away, and creates a void where the ball falls right in, surprising everyone of his team-mates. I think he's as much at fault here as Cissokho.
With regard to set pieces, I agree that we're conceding too regularly for it to be a problem with individuals. But I'm unsure that different players were coached into making silly errors. For example, do we really think our coaching staff specifically told Skrtel to push his man every time?

Rooster

What a hit son
Change the poll to the worst player and we might all agree it was Moses. It won't be the last of him but maybe in that position it is.

Some good banter above re Sturridge but he was shite as well.

norwegian wood

TIA Regular
Don't think anyone played that well, to be honest. Everything was sort of...decent. Not shit, but not great either. Cissokho and Johnson were pretty good, as was Toure, and Henderson did a good job. Our creative players were all too wasteful with their passes and very little came off for any of them.

So, I guess...Henderson?

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
I said to my at half time that Sturridge would score or be involved, didn't expect Newcastle to score mind.

slufsar

I always vote for Toure no matter what now. Dont really like any of the other guys in the same way (only like them when we win)

WellRedKev

TIA Reserve Team
slufsar said:
I always vote for Toure no matter what now. Dont really like any of the other guys in the same way (only like them when we win)
Rational thought^^^^^^

haha

LFC7NH

Canuck33 said:
So what's the scoop with points and votes? Anyone please explain.
After the voting stops for each match I give 5 points to the player who got the most votes, 3 points for second most, and 1 point for the third most votes. The votes column is just a running tally of how many man of the match votes have been cast for each player.

Canuck33

Banned Users
LFC7NH said:
After the voting stops for each match I give 5 points to the player who got the most votes, 3 points for second most, and 1 point for the third most votes. The votes column is just a running tally of how many man of the match votes have been cast for each player.
So Henderson has the 2nd most accumulated votes this season. That just shows you that either our squad sucks big time, or the voters have absolutely no clue. I'd go for the latter!

alphakilo

TIA Regular
LFC7NH said:
Luckily you're here to help give the rest of us a clue.
But the rest of us could also give him a clue as to what WLD means in the Season Comparison thread :D

I think these votes are a pretty accurate reflection of each player's form averaged across our games so far.