• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

MOTM vs Notts County (H-LC)

Who's your MOTM?

• Simon Mignolet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Glen Johnson

• Kolo Toure

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Andre Wisdom

• Aly Cissokho

• Luis Alberto

• Steven Gerrard

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Joe Allen

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Raheem Sterling

Votes: 15 20.3%
  • Jordan Ibe

• Daniel Sturridge

Votes: 42 56.8%
  • Daniel Agger (for Cissokho 10')

• Jordan Henderson (for Allen 65')

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • Philippe Coutinho (for Alberto 72')

• Total voters

LFC7NH

Interested to see how the voting goes for this roller coaster game as I wasn't able to watch it...

I'll try getting the results for the first few games up sometime this weekend.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Sturridge for me, by country miles. Both for his goals and his attitude on the pitch.

alphakilo

TIA Regular
Hope in your heart said:
Sturridge for me, by country miles. Both for his goals and his attitude on the pitch.
Seconded. Plus his acknowledgement that the team were complacent.

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
Hope in your heart said:
Me too, his attitude so far has been second to none - really impressed considering he had this reputation of being a bit of a dick.

therealkeano1

TIA Reserve Team
The notts county forward who scored the first goal. Can't believe sky didn't give it to him. Liverpool motm sturridge.

theres always tommorrow

If we win it this year I’m changing my name tag
Sturridge for me.

Kept playing and took his chances but he needs some support.

Don't know where we would get a goal from if he was injured. Luis may still be on his way out this transfer window but I hope he stays (at least until January) We ought to find his replacement now

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Sturridge no one else comes close the guy is humble and acknowledged the fuck up plus he scored the goals that got us through.

Herb

Henderson easily. Covered a lot of ground, ran his bollocks off and scored a quality goal.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Sterling.

Simply because he was dangerous, actually used his brain and showed types of different actions (in the second half too many players tried to do the same things all over again), his attitude was equal in the first and the last minute. The least selfish attacking player from the second half onwards.

Later on in the game looked like an experienced player, actually yelled at players around him making himself available for the pass and keeping the ball.

WrongIslander

Herb said:
Henderson easily. Covered a lot of ground, ran his bollocks off and scored a quality goal.
Had he not come on so late then I'd be inclined to agree. Love the lad.

WellRedKev

TIA Reserve Team
Sterling for goal and work rate and adaption to right back and doing a good job there too.

Sturridge close second.

RazvanLFC

Contrary to the first two games of the season, i dont have any trouble picking my man of the match today and it`s Sturridge.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Ad-free Member
Sturridge, Sterling or Henderson

A cut above the rest for me, for their goals and other contributions.

slufsar

joe allen. ran the midfield. won back possession and made many constructive passes. one of the few who looked ärsed yesterday

ru4real

TIA New Signing
WellRedKev said:
Sterling for goal and work rate and adaption to right back and doing a good job there too.

Sturridge close second.
Fully agree with the above.

dxb_red

fess up, who picked glen Johnson??!!

I thought he was woeful yesterday...he kept trying, and failing, to beat his man...the only decent thing he did was setting up Sterling at the end...

man of the match for me was probably sturridge...aside from the goals he looked sharp...hendo and allen also played well, as did sterling...

Clive

Sturridge for me, absolutely on fire at the moment.

Fair comments by Slufsar above re Allen (I'm sure ChicagoRed will echo these!) he was excellent as well. Hope his injury is shortlived.

King Aldo

TIA Squad Member
If Hendo had scored his goal before Sturridge's second I think he might have nicked it, as it was his goal while really well taken wasn't as important as our 3rd so for that reason mainly I opted for Daniel.

And seriously ... Glen Johnson got a vote? Glen wtf, shouldn't you be taking those "How to look up and make the best decision" classes instead of hanging out here? You certainly need them buddy if your performances this season are anything to go by.

Can't wait until Martin Kelly is fit again. Glen is much more a liability than a threat at the moment imo.

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
I voted levia, it really wasn'tt his fault he wasn't on the park, what he did do, when washing the dishes for the missus, was a Cut above the other midfielders around him, had they been on the same wavelength then we would have won in he first three minutes and nott county would have conceded and offered us he opportunity not to play the rest of the game.

I'm also going to suggest the people who haven't yet cast their vote for lucas for the upcoming utd game have gotten a fairly obvious anti Lucas agenda.

alphakilo

TIA Regular
Those who react to that post like I've done with this one, have got a fairly obvious pro Lucas agenda.

See what I did there :D

Doggie

Resident Optimist
Stevie was an easy choice - absolute maestro in midfield