• Raheem Sterling (for Aspas 45')

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jose Enrique (for Agger 57')

• Luis Alberto (for Skrtel 72')

• Total voters

LFC7NH

Pretty disappointing, went with Mignolet myself because he kept us in the game at least...

Here's the MOTM table through the Swansea match.

howhardgerrard

TIA Squad Member
I was at the game and based on all round effort I would have to say Hendo. Nothing about his game was particularly special but he seemed one of the few putting a full shift in. Ultimately this is least poor performance rather than a man of the match award

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Going skip it, probably would be able to give something if I had watched the game not just the highlights.

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
howhardgerrard said:
I was at the game and based on all round effort I would have to say Hendo. Nothing about his game was particularly special but he seemed one of the few putting a full shift in. Ultimately this is least poor performance rather than a man of the match award
Why does he only have one vote then?

Considering it came from me.

Herb

Would spoil my vote if I could. I'll say Mignolet as he made some good saves. Everybody else was shit.

Defuz

Ugly. No shape. Mignolet is getting too many votes this season. Maybe we should start a biggest stinker poll. Had a few real contenders for that 'award', but the real winner would be Rodgers. Horrible roster management.

daddydave

TIA Youth Team
seriously is Aspas's mum on this forum. Surely its her giving him one vote every week.

NZred

The Red From NZ
isn't it embarrassing that our goalkeeper was MOTM, in a home match, against a team with one of the worst away records in the league?

Defuz

NZred said:
isn't it embarrassing that our goalkeeper was MOTM, in a home match, against a team with one of the worst away records in the league?
Well, I wasn't going to go there...but now that you mention it... Too many defensive MVP's this year.

NZred

The Red From NZ
Defuz said:
Well, I wasn't going to go there...but now that you mention it... Too many defensive MVP's this year.
You're very right actually. People were saying after the Villa and Stoke wins that it only papered over the cracks. However a lot of people jumped on the "we're playing badly and winning lets be positive" bandwagon. However the cold hard fact is, we were pretty poor in those matches and every match so far and should have dropped 2 points against Stoke, bar brilliant keeping and should have dropped points against Villa and United, bar brilliant defending. Is that really a positive when you consider games are won based on the goals you scored?

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
We actually played some good football against Stoke though. At least made a decent attempt to knock it around.

Been all down hill since then.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
You can't really fault the Stoke display bar the amount of goals we scored, the keeper had his usual blinder of a game and we hit the woodwork twice it was very carbon copy of a few games last season, thought we would see that return this saturday the fact we didn't worried me.

The thing is the United game was vital to win and our performance against Villa was pretty good both times we got a goal and for the most part looked comfortable holding on to it, I would say Villa looked more threatening than United.

Saturday was dreadful though, wrong tactics and wrong way to play.

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
Not going to vote here,maybe it should have been the least worst effort.

Defuz

NZred said:
You're very right actually. People were saying after the Villa and Stoke wins that it only papered over the cracks. However a lot of people jumped on the "we're playing badly and winning lets be positive" bandwagon. However the cold hard fact is, we were pretty poor in those matches and every match so far and should have dropped 2 points against Stoke, bar brilliant keeping and should have dropped points against Villa and United, bar brilliant defending. Is that really a positive when you consider games are won based on the goals you scored?
I'm trying to savor the early success and recognize that all of the top teams have issues to deal with, so the time is right to make a move, as we have. I love the added strength in defense, but lament our inconsistent play, which I believe will come together soon enough. With a thin squad injuries have hurt a lot too. Not good to say that this early. I also long for a far more potent offensive threat which I believe we were getting last year. Luis is coming back, Coutinho will come back. With time I see us getting better and better, but we've got to settle first. Even with injuries, we need to settle in to a set rotation and build. That, and add significant - read - NOT support/bench depth - but a solid contributor in the January window. As Mouron doesn't want him, I'd like Mata to be considered. .....?

Coyr

Hey guys, new to this forum.

I'm from Scotland and support my local team Aberdeen. I have however always been a fervent supporter of the reds and have been since the days of Dalgliesh, Souness, Wark, Hansen etc. Due to the distance I obviously cant get down that often and with having children. I have taken in 2 matches, the first being in 2009 v Man City 1-1, (Kuyt for us and Bellamy for City) and then Jan 2012 v Stoke. My Fiancee was with me for the Stoke game and after 5 minutes she turned to me and said "I don't think Stoke want to play football". How right she was, the ball kept going out wide to their 2 full backs who were also centre half's and they were just punting the ball as far up the field as they could.

The point I'm making is that was how we lined up on Saturday, 4 Centre Half's playing across the back 4. I'm not the biggest fan of Enrique but if he was sitting on the bench then surely he should have been playing left back. Saturday was like square pegs in round holes!

Still..... I do think we are making steady progress under Rodgers and the opinion of a lot of people up here is that they see Liverpool making steady strides back to the top. There will be blips along the way like Saturday but I am still hopeful that come the end of the season we'll have a top four finish and perhaps a trophy.

If we can get the combination right at the back between Agger/ Ilori/Toure/Sakho/Skyrtl, find a pairing and give them both good game time. At the other end pick any three from Suarez/Sturridge/Coutinho/Moses and we could be absolutely lethal.......YNWA

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Can't be bothered enough to give anyone the motm. F*cking losers the whole bunch of them. Hopefully they'll make amends at OT.

SirBillShankly

We live in a fallen world.
Hope in your heart said:
Can't be bothered enough to give anyone the motm. F*cking losers the whole bunch of them. Hopefully they'll make amends at OT.
Think exactly the same as you, don't want to even talk or think about the game. So.... fucking disappointed, sick of all our false dawns, we get our hopes up and the lads always let us down.Without fail, season after season. I don't mind us losing to a top side away but the Saints at home? It's totally unacceptable.

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
Hope in your heart said:
come on buddy, keep a bit of hope in your heart.....

tesh

TIA New Signing
Moses!

The rest were a curse word I'd rather not utter as the word deserves better...

Hope in your heart

Admin
Hope in your heart said:
redbj said:
come on buddy, keep a bit of hope in your heart.....
You might have missed the bolded part, mate... :)

WrongIslander

Moses, fucking Moses? Seriously?! He was utter shite and what's worse he was a lazy shite as well.

Effort wise as usual it was Henderson but for effort, attitude and quality I'll give it to Kolo.

Hope in your heart

Admin
WrongIslander said:
Moses, fucking Moses? Seriously?! He was utter shite and what's worse he was a lazy shite as well.

Effort wise as usual it was Henderson but for effort, attitude and quality I'll give it to Kolo.
Nah, he was one of the few to make runs and try things. A bit limited, but one of the few to actually make something happen. Could have scored a good goal as well, hadn't their goalie made a fine save.

WrongIslander

Hope in your heart said:
Nah, he was one of the few to make runs and try things. A bit limited, but one of the few to actually make something happen. Could have scored a good goal as well, hadn't their goalie made a fine save.
He was piss poor mate, that second half he didn't pick his head up or ask for the ball once. Toure was more of an attacking threat!

Hope in your heart

Admin
WrongIslander said:
He was piss poor mate, that second half he didn't pick his head up or ask for the ball once. Toure was more of an attacking threat!
Well I have to confess that I stopped my shitty stream with ten minutes to go (couldn't be bothered enough to watch this until the end), so I can't speak for this last period, but before that, he seemed to be one of those caring. I suppose this shows that everyone sees different things during a match. Agree though that he showed more during the first half than during the second.

Then again, the whole team was so bad that it feels a bit unfair to pick out one single player for blame, especially a newbie who still needs time to bed in.