• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

MOTM vs Stoke City (A)

Who's your MOTM?

• Simon Mignolet

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Glen Johnson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Martin Skrtel

• Kolo Toure

• Aly Cissokho

• Lucas Leiva

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Steven Gerrard

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Raheem Sterling

Votes: 25 30.9%
  • Jordan Henderson

• Philippe Coutinho

• Luis Suarez

Votes: 42 51.9%
  • Daniel Sturridge (for Coutinho 66')

Votes: 7 8.6%

• Total voters

LFC7NH

Suarez for me... barely over Sturridge. So great to see him back on the pitch!

MOTM Table

Points column = 5 points for most votes in a match, 3 points for second most votes in a match, 1 point for third most votes in a match
Total votes = Total number of man of the match votes received

Canuck33

Banned Users
No brainer. Although I have to say that I did like Gerrard in his new role. That'd be bar the near OG, mind.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Thank god I got in early.... Suarez for me too. I am pretty sure Henderson and Lucas will get a couple of pity votes. Sterling in for a good shout too.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Suarez for me as well, Sturridge looked good and Sterling is developing into a talent we all hoped he maybe.

Mada

TIA 2nd Team
Well I took that good shout for Sterling Eddie as I though his work rate was superb and his foul in the box leading to the Gerrard penalty was arguably one of the more important moments of the match. Suarez was right there in my mind, but in the end the kid earned his due today.

bes

Sturridge for me, assisted Suarez nicely and got one himself. When he came on the pitch it gave us that other dimension back. Good shout to Sterling also

ekong

TIA New Signing
Sterling for me, non stop working,improved decision making, could only get better!

Doggie

Resident Optimist
Tough choice, which is always nice, but Gerrard for me - heartbeat of the team throughout and showed real desire to win this match

costared

TIA Reserve Team
Gerrard edged it for me but Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling were not far behind.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Suarez for me. Sterling would have been the other one to deserve it.

Honourable mentions for Touré and Skrtel, who dealt quite well with Stoke's aerial threat.

The rest of the team wasn't up to scratch imo, bar of course Sturridge, who had a decisive impact when coming on.

TheSweetSilverSong

Suarez for me too, with 2 goals and 1 assist (even though it won't really count as an assist, it's the one that led to the goal).
Sterling great, relentless pressing too.
Gerrard great for a first game in a new role.
Sturridge made the difference in swinging the odds to our favour and was great in his return with 1 goal and 1 assist!
Mignolet made some great saves which were crucial to be able to take a new lead and then when we did, to keep it.

But Suarez MOTM for me - could be different if Sturridge had played the whole game, but as it was, Suarez for me.

ptt

2020, head of the table.
Sterling really is blossoming. His pace and trickery have always been there but jus shot / pass selection and general footballing brain are developing at a good pace. He looked very lightweight and timid earlier in the season but he's really coming out of his shell now. So close to MOTM for me.

But, as ever, Suarez was just in a different league. So he gets the vote, obviously!

SirBillShankly

We live in a fallen world.
Genius.

Sturridge was also fabulous in his short time on the pitch, we are so blessed to have these 2.

Thought Sterling and Stevie were also decent.

yiannos33

Believe
Sterling for me.He created the 3rd goal which was the turning point of the game.

basil1492

TIA Squad Member
Stevie for, have no idea how to find the stats but he seemed to be intercepting their passes all game and always making challenges where needed without fouling anyone. I reckon a few more games there will see him even better. Could also have voted for any of the S's, all played well but Stevie drove the team on.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
brightonpete said:
Would of gone for suarez,stirling as the outstanding players but cos of this.

More of a spite vote,i guess!
How nice....

wembley 65

TIA Youth Team
sterling for me, he terrorised the stoke defence at times with his pace and ball skills.

MarkMcC

TIA Squad Member
Likewise Sterling...everything he showed in the youth teams is now coming out in the first. Pace, trickery and (increasing) goals. Was really worried he wouldn't step up but good to see his promise begginjbv to be fulfilled

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
Saurez for me, but very closely followed by Sterling and Sturridge when he came on.
Got to say those three players together are awesome, sure many PL defenders are not relishing this little lot!