• Victor Moses

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Daniel Sturridge

Votes: 76 69.1%
  • Raheem Sterling (for Moses 75')

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

LFC7NH

Went with Sturridge for his goal and setting up Luis twice.

Reactions: bes

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
Studge definitely

Really wanted to give it to Kolo - he comes across as so committed, really good to see from a player who was seen as no good for the top flight by man city

Herb

Hard to overlook Sturridge as he was involved in all three goals. Sakho, Skrtel, Toure and Suarez could all easily be awarded it though.

SirBillShankly

We live in a fallen world.
Sturridge for me. Looked sharp, two intelligent assists and his finish with his arm was sublime ;)

Other candidates have to be Mignolet who made two great saves from Gardner either side of half time and all three centre backs who were impressive.

WrongIslander

Sakho and Toure were brilliant but Sturridge was the real difference maker today.

104TOSH

mystic, clown and philosopher
one man - one goal and two wonderful assists! Mr Sturridge - take a bow sir!!!

pagasp

Mills10Mills said:
Sakho. Absolute beast! Did you see his stats today, ludicrously efficient performance.
Yeah, I was delighted with him today, Danny for man of the match though, he looked really sharp today and looks pure class basically. That touch, a deceptive turn of pace and consistent end-product..

R

RedRiot

I gave it to Suarez simply because I think his involvement ended up being the most telling and the difference between what we've seen so far and what we'll hopefully see from now on. Sturridge's arm goal was great and he had two very good assists, but Luis essentially created the third goal with a very good ball to Sturridge which many of our players would have ballsed up. There really should be a joint award to the two of them though, because although Toure and Sakho were very good, those two made the difference. Maybe having Suarez in the team will lead to an uptick in Sturridge's overall form, which up until today had been mostly about goals and little else.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Sturridge for me but it could have been Toure or Sakho or even Suarez, it's nice to be able to have a choice after the last week.

Defuz

Suarez scored two, and Toure was everywhere, both deserving serious consideration for MOM....but Sturridge was on a level all by himself.

TheSweetSilverSong

No question whatsoever, even though not a few players were at their very best (Toure, Sakho, for example).

Sturridge! And what a relief to see him back to top class, after he got me a bit worried that his injury is taking its toll in the last two games. Awesome to see they link up perfectly with Suarez as well, and that even though Suarez is yet to find his best, playing with a top class Sturridge was enough to get Suarez 2 goals.

theres always tommorrow

If we win it this year I’m changing my name tag
Toure because he is becoming the heart of this team. He looks so glad to be here and our reward is some fantastic tackling, running and total commitment. Reminds me of the impact Gary Mcallister made....we will need some of that enthusiasm this year.

Chewbazza

Ad-free Member
Sturridge and Sakho both made Garth Crook's team of the week.

I don't quite understand this bullshit about sakho though:

I've watched this lad play a few times for Liverpool recently and I must say he is proving to be an excellent defender with plenty of composure. His relationship with the rest of Liverpool's defence has been key to the Reds' fine form. If they can keep it up, we will have to start taking Liverpool's Champions League ambitions seriously.

He had a good game against Sunderland for sure, but the other games in which he played we won none and conceded goals. So i have no idea what Garth is referring to.

Walter Sobchak

Obviously Sturridge! Very nice to see his link up with Suarez. May it continue! Kolo was of course boss again. Delighted to see Luis tormenting defenses again, good game for him to. And for all the stick captain fantastic is getting (some of which is fairly justifiable), he was instrumental in 2 goals in my opinion and nearly got on the score sheet himself. Sakho is becoming an important part of the team, love his style of play.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Chewbazza said:
Sturridge and Sakho both made Garth Crook's team of the week.

I don't quite understand this bullshit about sakho though:

I've watched this lad play a few times for Liverpool recently and I must say he is proving to be an excellent defender with plenty of composure. His relationship with the rest of Liverpool's defence has been key to the Reds' fine form. If they can keep it up, we will have to start taking Liverpool's Champions League ambitions seriously.

He had a good game against Sunderland for sure, but the other games in which he played we won none and conceded goals. So i have no idea what Garth is referring to.
Well Didi Hamann said our issue last season was scoring goals?

norwegian wood

TIA Regular
Sturridge for me after his two assists. Gave us the extra bit of quality when we needed it. A big thumbs up to Mignolet, Skrtel, Toure and Sakho as well. And of course Suarez for two goals.

bes

No Aspas?....

Guess it's Daniel then.....

WellRedKev

TIA Reserve Team
Sturridge for his telling contributions but Kolo a close second, loved the wee embrace with Rodgers after coming back on with a shoulder injury.

Bleech

TIA Reserve Team
Sturridge obviously got us all the goals so maybe I should have gone with him but I went with Toure anyway. He was an ever present figure of awesomeness defensively, but also playing the ball forward/getting the ball out of defence. Not much between them that game. I've been surprised how good he is on the ball. Didn't realise he was so good at that until recently. Easily our best defender so far this season.

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
Sturidge hand balled his goal. Blatantly.

I'm not for one second suggesting he own up and tell the ref, fuck, ive done it myself when tgestakes arent even one millionth as high, but by the same token, it means he doesn't get his mom award from me.

Realise it doesn't means fuck in the long run, but on some level I still hand my vote to someone playing in the spirit of the game.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
redbj said:
Sturidge hand balled his goal. Blatantly.

I'm not for one second suggesting he own up and tell the ref, fuck, ive done it myself when tgestakes arent even one millionth as high, but by the same token, it means he doesn't get his mom award from me.

Realise it doesn't means fuck in the long run, but on some level I still hand my vote to someone playing in the spirit of the game.
So who did you vote for?

grooveshark

Banned Users
Sturridge.........he had more fantasy points than anyone in this game.

On a serious note, he was a bright spot in this game, had to be him or Sakho, his goal and assists sway it.

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
mattyhurst said:
So who did you vote for?
Sakho, although it as hardly a standout, thought he brought something a bit extra to the defense.