• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

MOTM vs Swansea City (A)

Who's your MOTM?

• Simon Mignolet

Votes: 13 14.3%
  • Andre Wisdom

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Martin Skrtel

Votes: 40 44.0%
  • Mamadou Sakho

• Jose Enrique

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Lucas Leiva

• Steven Gerrard

• Philippe Coutinho

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Jordan Henderson

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • Victor Moses

Votes: 12 13.2%
  • Daniel Sturridge

Votes: 12 13.2%
  • Iago Aspas (for Philippe Coutinho 55')

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Kolo Toure (for Andre Wisdom 69')

• Raheem Sterling (for Victor Moses 81')

• Total voters

LFC7NH

Who's your pick...?

I'll post the updated table after the ManU game later in the week.

yiannos33

Believe
Mignolet was outstanding again. One of the reasons we are on top of the league.

Red Island

Gave it to Skrtle. Thought he did his job as well as anyone on the field.while others dissapeared in the second half he stuck to his job and got on with the game. And with a player he never set foot on a field with before alongside him.

And may I add I thought Sakho did pretty well tonight.CB partnerships are probably the most difficult debut.Got into a few bad positions but I watched him closely and he did some excellent work too.Simple strong covering and straight forward direct passes.He will be good.

Defuz

I haven't voted yet as I'm hoping to watch the second half (or dreading according to what y'all are sayin'!) of the game to get the full picture. But based purely on the first half, I'd give it to Mignolet for a couple of difficult low saves. Looked to be almost at full stretch and four games in he looks to have deliciously quick reactions. He's been the difference a couple of times already and I suspect that's not the last time I'll say that.

WellRedKev

TIA Reserve Team
I will go for Henderson. Thought he was our best player in first 45 mins. Closing down, tackling, bit of creativity etc. Everyone else was average enough overall.

Mignolet and Sktrel were decent too.

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
Mignolet again. 0.25GAA in 4 games.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Ad-free Member
Havent voted yet because ive had a few.

Thought Skrtel played well though so well done him

TheSweetSilverSong

I voted for Sturridge. Without even blinking.
He was involved in both our goals in a very ingenious way. His anticipation for the back-pass was hunting instinct, I'm still impressed on how he started running towards the back-pass before Shelvey would even turn to make it. Prophetic!
And in the second one, the way he opened up defense for Moses by running behind him and then drifting outside, he created all the space Moses needed.
Scored for the 4th consecutive league game.
But the cherry on the pie is that I always wanted to vote for him as MOTM in all first 3 games, for doing the obvious - scoring the winner, I'd always find a player that I thought really deserved it. Quite a few players that had a great game here (Skrtel, Mignolet, Henderson, Coutinho, Moses), but this time without even thinking, I had no other option:

S T U R R I D G E

dxb_red

Aspas??!! there's always 1..

Skrtel was solid, and that last ditch tackle on Bony was as valuable as a goal...Mignolet was also good, but his distribution needs to improve, that's one area that reina was far superior...

WrongIslander

I gave it to Victor Moses.

I didn't like the idea of bringing him in on a loan and I still don't but he dispelled a lot of doubts I had about him as a player with a quite brilliant debut. It was great to see a player beating out wide, we haven't had that in a long time and he took his goal very well.

LiVeRp0oL89

Only 2 votes for Moses!? His first game for us, has a great first half capped off with a goal and understandably fades in the second due to a lack of match practice. MoM for me hands down.

Chewbazza

True Believer
Ad-free Member
Moses had a great first half but disappeared later (not the only one)

Mignolet pulled off some fantastic saves consistently throughout. He gets my vote.

TheFlapper

Skrtel has played well recently and deserves to stay in the team

Think he would of been even better if he had Agger alongside of him.

Very difficult game for Sakho to make his debut.

Game changer for me though was Coutinho getting injured (hopefully he will recover from it, but it looked bad)

Aspas didnt add anything when he came on and looked weak in possession. Alberto would of been a better option.

tesh

TIA New Signing
Mignolet - 6 distribution needs to improve
Wisdom - 6 picked up a yellow and needs better distribution
Skrtel - 8 was very solid all round
Shako - 6 first game, tried a few too many fancy back heels and tricks
Enrique - 7 pretty solid all night
Gerrard - 6 just wasn't the all singing dancing everything last night
Lucas - 7 did the hard yards well and was unfortunate with the yellow
Henderson - 7 worked really hard, would have been my second pick for MOTM
Couthinio - 7 very good until he literally got hacked off
Moses - 7 faded and was only solid rather than good or great
Sturrdge - 7 scored the goal, made space for the second but is still a bit greedy and I hope this spree is not going to his
head!

Aspas - 4 anonymous for the most part and was too easily pushed off the ball
Toure - 4 is not the right back and his lack of pace was frighteningly exposed
Sterling - 5 had no impact but gets more than the others as he didn't really have terribly long to make one

I just cannot understand Toure and Aspas coming on. On another day that could easily have cost us the point.

Doggie

Resident Optimist
Thought Hendo was outstanding - his work rated was extraordinary. Shame he didn't bag the goal chance though.

Herb

Voted for Sturridge. Don't think anybody stood head and shoulders above the rest. Scored the first and made the second with an intelligent run.

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
Mignolet all day long...excellent work in taking out Bony and overall feel he won us the point...

Clive

Skrtel for me although Philipe was excellent until injured.

grooveshark

Banned Users
Mignolet. Made key saves that ensured Swansea didnt score more than they did. Other than him, the other person i would consider is Skrtel.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Mignolet for me his saves were key for us, his distribution does need to improve but you have to be good to beat him.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Ad-free Member
Mignolet was good but I wouldn't have said he was MOTM. Looked safer dealing with the high balls which is good to see.

On his better days he'd have probably saved one of them goals. Not saying he should have just a testament to his shot stopping ability.

Voted Sturridge for his goal and the way he opened up space for Moses' goal. He's not even half fit and he's scored 6 in 5 games, it can't be understated how good he has been. Top player.

kwala

TIA Regular
Toss up between Skrtel and Mignolet. That skrtel clearence was unbelievable! But I'll give it to Mignolet, what a quality keeper, he has saved us so many points this season. That low save from a deflected Bony shot in the first half was outstanding, to actually hold it rather than spill it for a tap in was remarkable. Loved it when he came to punch and demolished Bony. That is what a keeper should be doing. He has had such an impact that Pepe is a distant memory.

jayrrardno8

TIA Reserve Team
i voted for Skrtel he was an absalute monster for us total commitment in every department.
Saved us afew times.
And also a big mention to Mingolet looking every bit a top class keeper.

Seamus

I think Skrtel was our stand out performer last night. 2 games back in the team and he has given 2 solid performances for the team.

Should give the manager a selection headache for the Southampton game on Saturday.