• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

MOTM vs Swansea (H)

Who's your MOTM?

• Simon Mignolet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jon Flanagan

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Martin Skrtel

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Daniel Agger

• Glen Johnson

• Steven Gerrard

• Jordan Henderson

Votes: 80 65.6%
  • Raheem Sterling

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Daniel Sturridge

Votes: 24 19.7%
  • Philippe Coutinho

• Luis Suarez

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Joe Allen (for Sterling 58')

Votes: 10 8.2%
  • Kolo Toure (for Agger 63')

• Total voters

LFC7NH

And exhale.....

I'll go with Henderson. His first goal was brilliant and fantastic run to get in position for the winner.

MOTM Table:

Points column = 5 points for most votes in a match, 3 points for second most votes in a match, 1 point for third most votes in a match
Total votes = Total number of man of the match votes received

Reactions: ptt

zagueiro

TIA Squad Member
Could the MOTM table include games played please - it's hard to know if the player with the most points has played the best, or just played the most, or both!!!

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Henderson it is massively important that we get goals from elsewhere and this is ample proof of it today.

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
Has to be Hendo, and a tribute to how far he has come. He looks an integral part of the Liverpool team now. Just like Sterling does, albeit with more consistency. Looking at the likes of Sterling and Coutinho and Allen doing well in the cameo, I am really happy we have young players doing very well now. If they continue to improve like that, our team is going to be fantastic in time to come.

Rambler

Bootle Boy
Ad-free Member
Interestingly Jimmy Case on Radio Merseyside made the official MOM Luis Suarez.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
I don't think Henderson was quite as good as some are making out but it still probably has to be him. Sturridge was pretty good too and Allen was superb when he came on.

norwegian wood

TIA Regular
Tempted to say Allen as I thought he made a major difference when he came on and put us on the front foot again, but since he didn't play the whole game I'd say Sturridge ahead of Henderson.

MarkMcC

TIA Squad Member
I would have chosen Allen as his introduction changed the nature of the midfield. Brave move by BR. Yet for 90 mins effort and two goals Hendo gets it

OhYaBeauty

I voted Sturridge, though I've contemplated going back and changing it to Henderson.

I won't, though. Two goals and an assist makes a good day for anyone. He's chasing Suarez down, too with 18 goals this season in the league. In fact, between the two of them, they've scored more goals than every team except City, Arsenal, Chelsea, and United. Sturridge has as many goals as Palace.

slufsar

I voted for Allen because he was excellent when he came on. Won the ball back on countless occasions. We looked like an entirely new team when he entered the pitch.
Henderson, although good, was partly to blame for our defensive issues today. Charged a lot forward and didnt cover ground defensively. Mainly in the 1st half that is

Defuz

Hendo for breaking through with two goals added to his usual hustle all over the field. Sturridge a worthy second.

Kopreneur

TIA Youth Team
Close call for me but (mostly) everyone seems to think it was obvious.

Sturridge didn't do much wrong in my eyes, took his chances and had an assist.

Still gave it Henderson b'cos we need him doing exactly what he did today, could make the difference.

Doggie

Resident Optimist
Another notch on the bedpost for Hendo, errm, I mean knot in the scarf, or something.

Really pleased for him, that must be 5 or 6 this season.

shachart

"You're supposed to help people that need a bit."
saw the match today, and while Hendo's goals were great and so important, in all other aspects of his game he was below par, especialy pressure in the midfield.

For me only Sturridge came to work today.

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
Hendo - all day long, 2 goals - much better when Allen came on and he went box 2 box

OhYaBeauty

Interesting stat: Sturridge had 4 key passes in addition to his two goals and one assist.

Equally impressive: Henderson had all four of his shots on target today.

Still Sturridge for me.

Lucas

Proper box to box performance from Hendo, fully deserved his goals. Perhaps the most improved player in the Premier League over the past two seasons?

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
Hendo, quite easily!

Good day out for Sturridge and Allen when he came on gave Hendo a box to box role.

Libero

Flannagan for me, our only player in the back line that looked solid. The last 15 mins were very impressive.

WellRedKev

TIA Reserve Team
Hendo my hole.

Himself and gerrard were poor in the middle we had absolutely no control. He took his goals well but for some to suggest he was man of the match is a million miles away from the reality of it all. Sturridge was clear winner IMO with Suarez a close second.

If some people stayed away from posting while the match was on they mah look past him scoring two goals and look at overall performances.

Controlling the middle of the park gerrard and Henderson failed miserably. The shambles in the backline was also a factor but there was no protection from the midfield.

Allen had massive impact coming on. Great performance