• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

MOTM vs Swansea (H)

Who's your MOTM?

• Simon Mignolet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jon Flanagan

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Martin Skrtel

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Daniel Agger

• Glen Johnson

• Steven Gerrard

• Jordan Henderson

Votes: 80 65.6%
  • Raheem Sterling

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Daniel Sturridge

Votes: 24 19.7%
  • Philippe Coutinho

• Luis Suarez

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Joe Allen (for Sterling 58')

Votes: 10 8.2%
  • Kolo Toure (for Agger 63')

• Total voters

KraznyIvan

Sturridge. Scored 2, made one and served Suarez a near certainty up.

Hendo 3rd for me. I think he offered too little defensively, leaving Stevie a bit exposed. Not all his fault as swansea won the aerial duel so often meaning he was always having to sprint back from a pseudo high press position.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
On 2nd viewing it's pretty clear Sturridge was the best player on the pitch. Different class

Walter Sobchak

Vietmoment posted all his brilliant stuff in the video thread for those who want to see MOTD, full game, interviews and presser. Great posts as always from that man.

OOTer

TIA New Signing
I've gone with Suarez for his part in our last two goals. Danny was close and should really take it. But just feel Suarez did a bit more to win it. Unfair of Danny as he wasn't on the pitch to make thins happen too. Behind them I'd put Flanno and Hendo.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Sturridge for me. A good brace and was always in the mix.

Special mentions though for Henderson (for scoring two good goals, not so much for his defensive contribution), to Sterling who was fantastic in the first half, and to Allen who clearly changed the game when he came on.

Bobbinho

Gave it to Hendo for his goals, great to see him get a brace & score the winner in front of the Kop, will do his confidence the world of good, very well in lad, keep it up.

OOTer

TIA New Signing
Special mention to the Kop for applauding Shelvey's goal. You stay classy San Diego.

OhYaBeauty

Walter Sobchak said:
Vietmoment posted all his brilliant stuff in the video thread for those who want to see MOTD, full game, interviews and presser. Great posts as always from that man.
Do the two of you have some sort of agreement where you have to somehow praise him with every second post of yours? Or do you just really, really appreciate his stuff?

Walter Sobchak

OhYaBeauty said:
Do the two of you have some sort of agreement where you have to somehow praise him with every second post of yours? Or do you just really, really appreciate his stuff?
Any particular reason why you're wonder OYB? Need to went?

OhYaBeauty

Walter Sobchak said:
Any particular reason why you're wonder OYB? Need to went?
Nah. Just noticed a weird pattern and decided to give you a little lighthearted needling for it. Dont take it personally.

Walter Sobchak

OhYaBeauty said:
Nah. Just noticed a weird pattern and decided to give you a little lighthearted needling for it. Dont take it personally.
None taken. I do think his posts are very welcome (at least to me personally - would imagine it being the same for anyone interested in having a second viewing of our matches etc) and I wouldn't mind seeing him getting cred and encouragement for that. There's a lot of time and effort going on there. He posted here before, then stopped. I'm just guessing of course, but there seemed to be no appreciation for it back then. And since it's very quiet in that thread... there you have it. Nothing sinister OYB

MarkMcC

TIA Squad Member
Reading this thread and having a chance to rewatch I've taken my vote back and given it to Sturridge. Played some fantastic football outside the box which I didn't credit him for. Thanks to vietmoment!

Doggie

Resident Optimist
WellRedKev said:
Hendo my hole.

Himself and gerrard were poor in the middle we had absolutely no control. He took his goals well but for some to suggest he was man of the match is a million miles away from the reality of it all. Sturridge was clear winner IMO with Suarez a close second.

If some people stayed away from posting while the match was on they mah look past him scoring two goals and look at overall performances.

Controlling the middle of the park gerrard and Henderson failed miserably. The shambles in the backline was also a factor but there was no protection from the midfield.

Allen had massive impact coming on. Great performance
Seems fairly conclusive to me.

I guess you're wrong. ;)

Dublin_Kopite

TIA Legend
SirBillShankly said:
Thanks for your well thought out and interesting reply to my post.
Your response and it's well constructed manner really gets the point you are trying to make across to both me and every other member on here!

SirBillShankly

We live in a fallen world.
Dublin_Kopite said:
Thanks for your well thought out and interesting reply to my post.
Your response and it's well constructed manner really gets the point you are trying to make across to both me and every other member on here!
Sorry mate,but i was just lost for words. Your post only deserved a stunned face :)

How you think Allen had more impact than Hendo (2 goals) and Sturridge (2 goals,1 assist) is beyond me.

I await for your well constructed response with baited breath ;)

Dublin_Kopite

TIA Legend
It's not always about goals. A player can have 2 decent touches in a game, score both but play shite for the rest of the game. I haven't watched the game back on TV but IMO Allen came on and had just as much impact in the game without scoring than Hendo/Sturridge did in the full match. Massive impact on our intensity when Joe came on...

I hate single :angry: posts but the only thing i hate more is getting quoted with a single :angry: post!

WellRedKev

TIA Reserve Team
Doggie said:
Seems fairly conclusive to me.

I guess you're wrong. ;)
Well I don't mind being in the minority in here sometimes. Wonder have half the people voting even watched the game. Henderson was not man of the match. Sturridge should be the clear winner here but some people see the bright lights of hendo scoring two and fail to analyse his overall performance. Him and gerrard were average on their midfield duties esp giving backline protection. Never saw the like of that match where every swansea attack we looked like a mistake was in our game.

So IMO I m very much right. And your are very much wrong.

WellRedKev

TIA Reserve Team
Just for example:

Daily Mail take on Player ratings. How can he give the whole defence bar Flanno 4.5'sbut his two midfield generals 7's.....That's naïve. His midfield esp Gerrard and Henderson should be taking responsibility for a lot of the defensive failings on Saturday.

Flanno finished the game very strongly but I noticed on several occasion she was caught out big time. Lunging in missing the tackle and being left exposed. He grew into the game and ended up having a good game but I seriously thought about calling for Cissohko around the fifty min mark when it was just chaos! Flanno used the ball well and from that point of view had a good game but he will have to learn when to lunge in and when not to.

LIVERPOOL: Mignolet 5, Flanagan 6, Skrtel 4.5, Agger 4.5 (Toure 63mins 5.5), Johnson 4.5, Gerrard 7, Henderson 7, Coutinho 6, Sterling 7 (Allen 58mins 6, Suarez 7, Sturridge 7.5 (Moses 79mins 4.5)
Subs not used: Jones, Aspas, Cissokho, Teixeira
Booked: Skrtel
Goals: Sturridge (2), Henderson (2)
SWANSEA: Vorm 6, Rangel 5, Flores 5.5, Williams 6.5, Taylor 6.5, Britton 6, De Guzman 6.5 (Hernandez 73mins 5.5) Dyer 7 (Ngog 84mins), Shelvey 6 (Canas 46mins 5.5), Routledge 7, Bony 7
Subs not used: Amat, Tiendalli, Tremmel, Emnes
Goals: Shelvey, Bony (2)
Man of the Match: Sturridge
Ref: M Jones 6
Att: 44,731
Player ratings by Dominic King at Anfield

Clive

Well done to Jonjo whilst I think of it. Looked like an improved player of late. Class reaction by him and the crowd upon scoring in front of the Kop.

Drubas

Allen. The impact he had on the game was key to winning. He usually is good at spinning out of situations and passing the ball sideways. But now he felt like a completely different player. He was a constant threat, moving the ball forward with great runs and great passing.

costared

TIA Reserve Team
WellRedKev said:
Well I don't mind being in the minority in here sometimes. Wonder have half the people voting even watched the game. Henderson was not man of the match. Sturridge should be the clear winner here but some people see the bright lights of hendo scoring two and fail to analyse his overall performance. Him and gerrard were average on their midfield duties esp giving backline protection. Never saw the like of that match where every swansea attack we looked like a mistake was in our game.

So IMO I m very much right. And your are very much wrong.
I watched the game and most of it twice.I gave it to Hendo as did many other experienced match watchers. Just because the majority of people disagree with you there is no need to make belittling comments about them.

WellRedKev

TIA Reserve Team
costared said:
I watched the game and most of it twice.I gave it to Hendo as did many other experienced match watchers. Just because the majority of people disagree with you there is no need to make belittling comments about them.
I'm not. Read again.

I was told i'm wrong (surely that's belittling me)...to which I replied IN MY OPINION I'm very much right. I think that's allowed.

His lack of defensive discipline in that game should rule him out of Man of the Match. That's my opinion, Sturridge scored two and got an assist, surely that's better but hey its all opinions. An experienced match watcher you may be, but I have an impression in here that many aren't so the fact that you tell me your an experienced match watcher which is an unusual phrase by the way doesn't really have a impact on what I think about the game.
I also hazard a guess that at least 25% of people vote on basis of highlights.

Experienced highlight watchers are the scourge of the Man of the Match poll vote thread........