• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

MOTM vs Tottenham (H) (for real!)

Who's your MOTM?

• Simon Mignolet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jon Flanagan

Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Martin Skrtel

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Daniel Agger

• Glen Johnson

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • Steven Gerrard

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Jordan Henderson

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • Raheem Sterling

Votes: 77 56.6%
  • Daniel Sturridge

• Philippe Coutinho

Votes: 19 14.0%
  • Luis Suarez

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • Joe Allen (for Coutinho 64')

• Lucas Leiva (for Gerrard 70')

• Total voters

LFC7NH

I'll go with Sterling, he was immense! But it was such a brilliant team performance you can make an argument for anyone.

Current MOTM Table:

Points column = 5 points for most votes in a match, 3 points for second most votes in a match, 1 point for third most votes in a match
Total votes = Total number of man of the match votes received

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Hard to choose so many good performances. Went for Johnson, I've been critical of the guy in the past but that was a 100% perfect wing back performance. Attacked like a marauding winger defended as solidly as a full back.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
I've gone with Johnson, as I have been among those criticizing him more than once this season, and was calling for replacing him with Cissokho for today's match. So, credit where credit is due: he was fantastic today. Set us up on the first goal, and was then an absolute nuisance time and time again when on the front foot. Defensively, he was perfect.

To be fair, any player in this team would have deserved it today.

RedLaw

JFT96
Sterling by an absolute country mile. He was utterly sensational today, probably his best performance in a red shirt to date. He's virtually unstoppable in tight areas, defends the ball from the opposition player then runs away with it right under their nose, brilliant.

Bobbinho

Sterling for me.

Brought another dimension to our play, put in an outstanding performance, well worthy of MOTM.

Herb

Sterling was outstanding, a real threat all day. Suarez and Henderson both played big parts, and Skrtel was immense at the back again. Some brilliant blocks. Don't think there was a bad performance out there really.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Picked Sterling. Absolutely boss.

Coutinho was excellent as well. Johnson proving again what we miss when he's out the side, Skrtel immense and Agger excellent (other than getting outpaced by Soldado)

Spoilt for choice really.

ptt

2020, head of the table.
Raheem, spot on lad, well done :)

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
If I could I'd pick the whole team and subs, but I went for Luis. Just feel the constant pressure he puts onto opposing defences forces mistakes, makes room for others and is generally just central to the way we play. Seeing him chase down every lost cause for 90 mins plus stoppage, often creating a chance for himself or someone else by doing so, is a joy to behold.

LFC-Orlando

TIA First Team
Ad-free Member
What a performance from Luis and Philippe, even helping the defense. DAgger was good and Glen was immense. Martin should be mentioned. Again. He's just a rock throwing his body in front of every shot in such a Jamie-esque fashion.

But went for Raheem as he was everywhere and he's not afraid to take anyone on. if the Hodge does not start our 5 players in Brazil he'll again show no guts.

StGpaidi

TIA Reserve Team
I think the defining moment of the game was Skrtel's block in the first half and for that I've given him my vote. Had Eriksen scored there, the pressure on our guys could've been unbearable. Mind you, in any other season chances like this one or O'Shea's on Wednesday would've gone in, but not this time. The stars are with us, like 9 years ago with that shot by Gudjohnsen. Believe!

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
Went for Sterling but could have been almost anyone really. I thought Sturridge had quiet game by his standards though.

Walter Sobchak

Justed watched the game again, I'm too fukken stoked while it's live to pay particular attention. Sterling was immense, unbelievable how that lad has developed this season. Johnson a good number 2, and the rest 9 all giving their all in top performances. Brilliant by our lads today! But if I have to pick one it'd have to be Sterling.

Very happy also for Hendo that he got the goal after missing the sitter. He was fantastic (again) today and I'd hate to see him hang his head down and mope over that miss. Same with Cou, but for different reasons. Both of them needed goals for building their confidence.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Special mention to the crowd, every misplaced pass and spurned chance was greeted by songs and chants of support just like Rodgers asked for. Made it so every player who made a mistake was able to raise their head in pride and try again. Bloody beautiful!

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
All of the boys had standout games. Cou is my pick for the day. He was everywhere and his passing just sublime.

Sterling comes in a very close 2nd

bes

Best defender for me was Skrtel and the best attacker/tracking back was Coutinho. happy for the man finally getting a long one to drop

WellRedKev

TIA Reserve Team
Suarez was man of the match for me with Sterling being a close second.

Sktrel was immense at the back as well. Headers, pin point passing and a few dribbles as well. Unreal.

YNWA.

yiannos33

Believe
A great performance from everyone. I'll have to give it to Sterling with Skrtel right behind him.

TFC

TIA Squad Member
Really can't decide at all. I wish I could vote for 4 players: Skrtel, Johnson Sterling and Suarez. The more I think about it, the harder it is to decide.

WrongIslander

Everyone. I don't usually say that but you're not getting me to pick anyone today.

BostonMick

TIA New Signing no more!
Ad-free Member
Semmy said:
All of the boys had standout games. Cou is my pick for the day. He was everywhere and his passing just sublime.
Sterling comes in a very close 2nd
I voted the same way 1 and 2
They were both great
And all 13 who played worked so damn hard for the entire game

Kontra

TIA Regular
Sterling for me, the boy was incredible.
Although to be fair everyone was unbelievable today. You could tell they really, really wanted it. All those sliding tackles and back tracking. Sublime!

Coutinho. Great link up play and a brilliantly taken goal. However, what seals it for me is the intensity in which he pressed opposition players and helped out when we needed to defend (something which I was worried about when I saw the line up). A MOTM performance!

Claymenza

Sterling is good at right back, left wing, right wing, in the middle, sometimes plays as a striker. He's got it all.

Being excellent on the ball is priceless especially with the pace.

JustHitMyHead

TIA Reserve Team
When everyone is playing so well the answer is obvious - BR with a special mention to his coaching staff and obviously everyone who played as well.