• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

MOTM vs West Brom (A)

Who's your MOTM?

• Simon Mignolet

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Jon Flanagan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Martin Skrtel

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Kolo Toure

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Aly Cissokho

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Steven Gerrard

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • Jordan Henderson

• Raheem Sterling

Votes: 40 63.5%
  • Daniel Sturridge

• Philippe Coutinho

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Luis Suarez

• Martin Kelly (for Flanagan 74')

• Joe Allen (for Coutinho 74')

• Total voters

LFC7NH

Sterling or Cissokho for me... The fact that I'm considering Cissokho as our MOTM shows how below average we were today. And if he could actually cross a ball he probably beats out Raheem... Such a disappointing result today :(

Current MOTM Table:

Points column = 5 points for most votes in a match, 3 points for second most votes in a match, 1 point for third most votes in a match
Total votes = Total number of man of the match votes received

Defuz

Sterling. He seemed to play with more urgency than the rest of the lackluster team. Nothing off the bench. No spark in the team. Awful clanger of a pass from Toure who cost us two points because WBA never made an attempt worth anything of their own accord. Sadly, our team looked tired and uninspired. One to forget. Crap, we need a deeper team.

WrongIslander

I'm going to give it to Gerrard. Really impressed with him in that role for the second time and was the only player in midfield to really break up anything WBA were trying to do.

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
Sterling. How many times was he fouled today? I lost count. Has the knack of getting out of the tightest situations. A constant threat throughout. I am chuffed for him that he's playing so well of late given the amount of stick he was getting earlier in the season. Has worked hard on the defensive side of his game too. He played like he gave a shit today. Couldn't say that about too many others in the side.

lovepool

Skrtel for me as he was dominant throughout at CB but Sterling worked hard and protected Flanagan while also being a threat with his pace. Coutinho had a goid first half but faded later in the game. Gerrard was very disciplined today and also deserves praise.

SirBillShankly

We live in a fallen world.
Sterling, no question, the boy is slowly becoming a man. Stevie was decent to.

jimmydestiny

In between the lines
WrongIslander said:
I'm going to give it to Gerrard. Really impressed with him in that role for the second time and was the only player in midfield to really break up anything WBA were trying to do.
Played very well. Was a little too deep at times when our CBs had possession- giving Kolo one less option which resulted in kolo running forward and then losing the ball.

basil1492

TIA Squad Member
Went for Sterling, was a nightmare for them all day, unfortunately he was in the minority of players who played decent. Even SaS were quiet. The only person who cam close to Sterling was SG who again played that role really well but Sterling was by far the standout player.

PS also should mention that Cissokho took on players today and did well right up until he had to cross the ball

bes

Cissokho/Skrtel stood out on the defensive side. Gerrard/Sterling also did well in their positions.

Gave it to Cissokho though, beat a few men and played with some swagger

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Sterling again looked the most dangerous going forward, though Mignolet's super save maybe gives us a point in the end.

theres always tommorrow

Hope is in my heart again
Flanno had another good game but Sterling put in a good shift. Cissohko also deserves a mention.

If there was a Team of the day option then I would give it to Arsenal. At least they understand the need to put away a bottom of the league team to keep up a title challenge...anybody see the game - they showed some grit out there against a difficult Palace team...suppose they had home advantage though. Ah well roll on next week at Anfield eh...

Canuck33

Banned Users
Voted Toure. Definitely was their best man. Even got himself an assist.

ptt

2020, head of the table.
Sterling, way better than silver.

WellRedKev

TIA Reserve Team
Sterling and Cissohko for me.

With Sterling been clear winner, Cissohko no 2.