Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Joe Allen (for Gerrard 86')

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Luis Alberto (for Suarez 89')

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters

WrongIslander

Johnny T. said:
Poor little Wrongislander. Stay out of it please. Question was to RedRiot, in a rhetorical manner, you failed to understand it that's all. Maybe Postman Pat is on the telly, that should suit you better than listening to the adults talking.
Again a fantastic analogy apart from the fact I'm not listening I'm reading. Also the question is on a forum and regardless of whom you think you aimed it at anyone has the right to answer, a right that I exercised. By the way, I'm responding to posts, you're the one failing to assassinate my character by trying to get personal which is something a child would do ironically.

dxb_red

ladies, put the handbags away...we're second in the league...we won 4-1 yesterday and could have scored 4 more...we have the 2 highest scoring players in the league...and we have coutinho coming back...all is good in the world so lets give the incessant bickering a rest...

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
No doubts over Louie for MOTM.

To mention others, Lucas and Skrtel both had very good games.

kwala

TIA Regular
lfc.eddie said:
I think it helps when he has someone he can work along side and share that goal scoring burden. Some may say our midfield won the game, but with Sturridge on a hot streak, defenders will be wary of him. 4 players can't keep 2 super quality strikers at bay. He has more freedom and less bodies to fend off. Hence he looked good. Sturridge presence helps a lot.
Very true. Can't wait for Coutinho to join the party! Those 3 are going to tear teams apart!

alphakilo

TIA Regular
I voted Suarez.

RedRiot, I understand why you feel Lucas is hard done by on these boards, but surely if you admit that you're "only voting for Lucas because Suarez is so obvious" while also stating that Lucas was "next best" after Suarez, you should be voting Suarez? Not because everyone's voting for him, but because you yourself said he was even better than Lucas?

I mean, I understand the motivation, but trying to restore the balance on Lucas in this vote will only fuel the fires. Be true to yourself man, you don't have to let stuff get to you so much.

Then again, if you re-watched the game and felt Lucas was even better than Suarez, I respect your opinion. (but cannot agree on this occasion :D)

R

RedRiot

Johnny T. said:
Just a pedantic little question Red Riot. You have a tenner to spend on a bet, in a race where there is a serious clear favourite. Do you A) back the fav and win some money, or B) back your favourite horse who clearly won't win, but who deserves your loyalty anyway?
Wrongislander is right, it's a bad analogy. I have nothing to gain from this, one way or the other. It's an online poll and the stakes are nonexistent. This is only the second MOTM vote I've submitted for Lucas all season (if I had an agenda of some kind, I'd at least consistently vote for him, wouldn't you think?) I think this was his best performance of the season and as deserving as many others who have won it this season. Great performance from the team all-around, and it's just an online forum poll, so who really cares anyway?

I can see now that thankfully any concerns about conspiracy can be put to bed, and indeed, people did vote for people other than Lucas or Suarez. Glad we didn't have to get the crack investigative team on that one.

R

RedRiot

Johnny T. said:
RedRiot, you SEEM to care.
I only started to care when I was instructed it was not okay to vote my mind. I don't care in terms of anything broader than that. It has no impact on anything else. Other people seemed to be much more invested in the sacred function of this thread.

BostonMick

TIA New Signing no more!
Ad-free Member
SirBillShankly said:
........and yet another thread descends into a 'love him, hate him, just don't ignore him' Lucas debate :)
I had him as my MOTM
Thought our midfield looked damned good yesterday

Johnny T.

Still Grumpy....
RedRiot said:
I only started to care when I was instructed it was not okay to vote my mind. I don't care in terms of anything broader than that. It has no impact on anything else. Other people seemed to be much more invested in the sacred function of this thread.
Red Riot? Poor put upon Red Hissyfit more like. You were instructed? Give me a break.

R

RedRiot

Johnny T. said:
Red Riot? Poor put upon Red Hissyfit more like. You were instructed? Give me a break.
You're a waste of time. Yet another on the list. Enjoy your pointless one-liner reply, I won't see it.

zagueiro

TIA Squad Member
Luis for me................but Lucas was very very good as well!!

Watchman

Special mention for our midfield. Lucas terrific, ditto Stevie and Hendo. Plus Skittles for an all action show.

LFC-Orlando

TIA First Team
Ad-free Member
Let me vote for Daniel so that folks will ask me to reveal myself again :)
With the current "uninviting" tone the MOTM threads are displaying we'll be lucky to have 10 members vote.

Luis was unbelievable. If he continues like this he'll surpass Daniel and Aguero. And we'll hopefully achieve our CL qualification goal.

Claymenza

For a player who wants out, suarez is definitely someone who is internally motivated. Even then sturridge still scores.

Imagine if we make the champions league....I doubt that will be enough to convince him to stay. But at least we can say that suarez did something to improve our situation before he left.

When mc manaman/owen left us, as much as they felt entitled to play for a bigger team, they left us in the shitter while we didn't know how to replace them.

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
Johnny T. said:
Wrongislander, you are a child. You don't understand the analogy in the question so stay out of it.
WrongIslander said:
I understand it perfectly, you gave a shit analogy.
Johnny T. said:
Poor little Wrongislander. Stay out of it please. Question was to RedRiot, in a rhetorical manner, you failed to understand it that's all. Maybe Postman Pat is on the telly, that should suit you better than listening to the adults talking.
WrongIslander said:
Again a fantastic analogy apart from the fact I'm not listening I'm reading. Also the question is on a forum and regardless of whom you think you aimed it at anyone has the right to answer, a right that I exercised. By the way, I'm responding to posts, you're the one failing to assassinate my character by trying to get personal which is something a child would do ironically.
Johnny T. said:
RedRiot, you SEEM to care.
Johnny T. said:
RedRiot said:
You're a waste of time. Yet another on the list. Enjoy your pointless one-liner reply, I won't see it.
As far as I'm concerned you all need to have a fucking look at yourselves...you're a child, no you're a child. Christ almighty...

While the mods are trying to work out how to respond to the report that this exchange generated, please let it drop and don't have anything more to do with each other. Next post that continues this argument will be deleted and the poster dealt with. Thanks

By the way, Suarez - by a mile. Then Lucas.

SirBillShankly

We live in a fallen world.
A vote each for Kelly and Allen and two for Alberto :rolleyes:

We have 4 jokers on the forum :)

Think Skrtel deserves a mention, he was terrific. Really solid, aggressive and i am starting to think will my favourite DAgger ever get back into the team at this rate??!!

SirBillShankly

We live in a fallen world.
jimmydestiny said:
Im a Lucas fan, he played excellently. But how anyone can say he played better than Luis Suarez is beyond me.
Agreed, but he had a bloody marvellous game didn't he? Was so good to see him back to his best, must be the new baby of his putting a spring into his step, hope he keeps it up.

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
MOTM is the man with the hat-trick. no-brainer, don't understand how anyone else could be in contention.

Tetteh_Dalglish

Paul the Octopus
I'm surprised by the level of hostility being shown to folks who voted for Lucas.
All this season our midfield has looked wobbly and we have either scraped to a win, or against Swansea, Newcastle and Southampton, we have dropped points and allowed our opponents too much space in the park. Only against Southampton did we fail to score. Point being, Suarez could have been on fire, but had we lost the midfield, we may not have been able to dominate possession and dictate the tempo of the game and control the match so effectively. Lucas was a monster in mid-field yesterday and aside from having his best match in ages, he helped nip so many of their attacks in the bud. (Henderson also had a huge role in closing down opponents and intercepting passes and he deserves credit too for a great performance). We saw against Newcastle how a goal conceded at the wrong time can make it that much harder to get 3 points. And we saw how Brom rallied after they had pulled one goal back. As such had Lucas not had such an immense game in midfield, who knows whether we wouldn't have conceded more goals or maintained our momentum to end up scoring 4?

All that said, to me, Suarez was man of the match. And yet, because that was so damn obvious, I voted for Lucas in order to reflect his great performance by coming in 2nd on the poll - I knew everyone would vote for Suarez.

I fail to see what is wrong with that. In elections, some folks will vote for a candidate they know will not win - for various reasons. This is no different - especially when it goes without saying that Suarez was the obvious MOTM. Had Sturridge also scored a hat-trick in this match and Lucas still had as much of a monster match, I would not have voted for Lucas because then I'd feel the need to influence the outcome based on who I thought was the actual MOTM. But with the result of the vote a foregone conclusion, why not vote for the player I thought was runner up?

Folks need to relax a bit. It's not that serious. It's a forum, people have opinions and they're allowed to express them as they see fit if they aren't offending anyone. Why give someone a hard time if they chose to vote for Lucas? People have their reasons. Ask what those are, but no need to get so damn bent out of shape about it. What's really at stake here?

Tetteh_Dalglish

Paul the Octopus
alphakilo said:
I voted Suarez.

RedRiot, I understand why you feel Lucas is hard done by on these boards, but surely if you admit that you're "only voting for Lucas because Suarez is so obvious" while also stating that Lucas was "next best" after Suarez, you should be voting Suarez? Not because everyone's voting for him, but because you yourself said he was even better than Lucas?
Not everyone thinks along the same lines. Some chose with the result decided to have their choice of 2nd best player reflected in the poll.
We could avoid this chaos by having a poll that includes MOTM and runner up.

Claymenza said:
For a player who wants out, suarez is definitely someone who is internally motivated. Even then sturridge still scores.

Imagine if we make the champions league....I doubt that will be enough to convince him to stay. But at least we can say that suarez did something to improve our situation before he left.

When mc manaman/owen left us, as much as they felt entitled to play for a bigger team, they left us in the shitter while we didn't know how to replace them.
I suspect he'll stay if we get into the CL. We'd offer him a new fat contract and ask him for 2 more years and then promise to sell him to whoever he wishes to join.

norwegian wood

TIA Regular
With a hat-trick like that there can be only one winner. I thought the whole team played well, particularly our midfield, but it has to be Suarez.

Just want to mention Sturridge as well; Suarez got the headlines (deservedly so), but Daniel also had a very solid game and topped it off with that gorgeous chip. Unlucky not to get one or two more.