• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

MOTM vs West Ham (A)

Who's your MOTM?

• Simon Mignolet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jon Flanagan

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Martin Skrtel

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Mamadou Sakho

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Glen Johnson

• Steven Gerrard

Votes: 84 72.4%
  • Jordan Henderson

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Raheem Sterling

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • Daniel Sturridge

• Philippe Coutinho

• Luis Suarez

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Lucas Leiva (for Coutinho 45')

Votes: 4 3.4%

• Total voters

KraznyIvan

Not sure there is a choice here. Great performance, 2 goals and no yellow. Captain Fantastic wants his trophy.

CJ_LFC

I am boss!
Sterling had a great game so did Lucas when he came on. Gerrard though was just the heartbeat of that game.

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
Gotta pick Stevie. Coolness when we needed it most. Thought Skrtel and Sahko both did well too.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Gerrard, Skrtel, Sakho, Suarez, Flanagan and Mignolet all had good games I thought. Sterling had a very good last 30 but was poor before it, Henderson and Sturridge slightly off colour.

Gerrard the pick of the bunch though again. What a player.

Is there a better penalty kick taker in the prem? Has scored 10/11 penalties this season. Great all round performance again today and I've been impressed by his discipline in not being drawn into a yellow card while he is on the verge of suspension.

shachart

"You're supposed to help people that need a bit."
His big and his Fuckinh hard.

WH had one shot on target, and even that was after a foul. thats a job well done for a DM. no yellow cards. great passing, moving the ball around. oh, and scoring twice from the spot, when most of us couldn't even look.

Doggie

Resident Optimist
Stevie.

He wants this title so bad, and I think it's that determination that may well make the difference.

Bobbinho

Gerrard, kept calm under pressure, scored both goals, drove the team like a man possessed, didn't get a yellow card....probably my fav moment of the game though was when West Ham were trying to break towards the end of the game & Stevie was sprinting all out, determined to close down an attack...

Brilliant effort. MOTM although shout out once again to Sterling who i thought got better as the game progressed, deserved a goal for his efforts, hopefully he'll nail one against City.

Maria

EPL, European & FIFA World club Champions❤✊
Ad-free Member
I voted Gerrard. He has nerves of steel and he gets the whole team motivated and determined despite the odds. He doesn't fear penalties. He really deserves to win this medal.

Celtic Dragon

TIA's Tusken Druid
Gerrard more than deserves it, but I went for Sakho. The guy is immense, and him and Skrtel pretty much kept Carroll and Nolan quiet.

JackleCube

liverpool_singh said:
Is there a better penalty kick taker in the prem? Has scored 10/11 penalties this season. Great all round performance again today and I've been impressed by his discipline in not being drawn into a yellow card while he is on the verge of suspension.
Rickie Lambert - just a shame Southampton couldn't build on the penalty he scored yesterday.

geebo

Geebo Age unknown !
I chose Flanagan. He has been really great of late attacking down the wing. How mayn other full backs would get into the box and get a penalty? He has been a revelation.

cardiffpete

TIA Reserve Team
Very clearly Gerrard ...and what a pass(!) to Suarez for the penalty, plus in him tucking away 2 vital penalties too.

Never underestimate the massive pressure on a second spot-kick, as that's just a huge phsychological battle of wits ...but he just held his nerve incredibly well. Gerrard's never won an EPL title and that must mean huge mental pressure is on him now. That 2nd penalty was just about all-or-nothing stuff, as West Ham were very tough to break down today - and it was basically all on his shoulders then. He delivered though.

I thought that Lucas was a significant match changer second-half as well and he surely deserves a special mention too. Sakho looked very good too, all throughout. Sterling was very much improved second-half as well ...and Suarez had so many moments of near-but-not-quite brilliance as well.

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
My vote went to the calmest man on the pitch - Steven Gerrard.

I believe he is now a better player than he was in 08/09, because what he has gained in game intelligence, tactical awareness and patience more than makes up for the loss in athleticism, pace and dynamism.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Gerrard, he was everywhere covering for e fullbacks and centre halves. And yet able to play those good diagonals to Suarez. He didn't lose his head and that's a plus for me.... Great work from the captain.

Archer

TIA First Team
gerrard. his passing unlocked them when the intricate stuff was being crowded out. plus the ability to put those pens away

MarkMcC

TIA Squad Member
Calmness personified. Stevie. Sublime pass. Penalties taken under pressure. Stevie again. Exactly what we need on this run in.

LFC-Orlando

TIA First Team
Ad-free Member
Captain, no doubt.

Lucas was a close second and also Sakho, Luis and Skertl worth mentioning.

norwegian wood

TIA Regular
Tempted to vote Skrtel. Was absolutely brilliant today, handled Carroll extremely well and used the ball sensibly. In terms of overall performance I thought he was our best player today.

Lucas, Sakho and Suarez also played really well. Sterling was very good the last thirty minutes or so. Mignolet was also good and dealt with the little they had.

However, Gerrard gets my vote. Cometh the hour...

The rest did reasonably well; not great but far from poor. Flanagan struggled in the first half but picked himself up and won us the decisive penalty.

theres always tommorrow

Hope is in my heart again
Stevie G.

2 pens scored otherwise we would be talking about another team having to do us a favour to win this league.
He said it all in his post match interview " we are making sure that leave every scrap of energy out there on the pitch"
Stuff of champions led by a legend

Herb

Sakho hands down for me. First start in 2014, came in and dominated in the air. Nothing got past him all day and his use of the ball was also excellent, 96% pass accuracy I believe. Such a boost to have him back and I hope he plays all games until the end of the season.

7th Earl

Has to be Gerrard for the pens and overall good game but Skrtel is a very close second for me. Hr handled Andy Carroll very well.

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
zagueiro said:
Why the need?? Anyone else do this and they'd get called out for baiting..................
No they wouldn't and they don't. It's just predictable and a bit funny. Take it with the humour it's intended.