• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

MOTM vs West Ham (A)

Who's your MOTM?

• Simon Mignolet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jon Flanagan

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Martin Skrtel

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Mamadou Sakho

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Glen Johnson

• Steven Gerrard

Votes: 84 72.4%
  • Jordan Henderson

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Raheem Sterling

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • Daniel Sturridge

• Philippe Coutinho

• Luis Suarez

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Lucas Leiva (for Coutinho 45')

Votes: 4 3.4%

• Total voters

zagueiro

TIA Squad Member
Mascot88 said:
No they wouldn't and they don't. It's just predictable and a bit funny. Take it with the humour it's intended.
I disn't see any humour emoticons.......

costared

TIA Reserve Team
Stevie for me, not just for the goals but his overall contribution and leadership. An honorable mention for Flanno.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Stevie Gerrard for me. An absolute ice-block on both penalties, you just knew he was going to score. And otherwise dealt with pretty much everything West Ham threw at us, especially all physical challenges.

Let's not forget that we are talking about a clean sheet in that game, so the whole backline deserves massive, massive credit, especially with our forwards not on song today.

So, special mentions to Johnson, Skrtel and Sakho. Flanagan was excellent at times, and not so good at other times, like many young defenders of his age.

Henderson was very good again I thought. One of his trademark little backheels coud have resulted in a goal, and he worked his socks off again, and again, and again.

Also, massive credit to Lucas when coming on, he gave us much needed stability by allowing us to keep possession of the ball. His brillant through ball in the box for Flanagan brought us the second penalty as well.

As said before, our usually most creative players were a bit off the pace today at times, although Luis would really have deserved at least a goal from one of his two incredible efforts on the bar. Sterling started badly, but grew into the game and finished as one of our strongest players on the pitch. That's a huge testament to his character.

But all in all, this is a no-contest, and a clear case for Gerrard.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Herb said:
Sakho hands down for me. First start in 2014, came in and dominated in the air. Nothing got past him all day and his use of the ball was also excellent, 96% pass accuracy I believe. Such a boost to have him back and I hope he plays all games until the end of the season.
I was tempted to go for him instead of Gerrard but had to go for the Captain, the match winner. Sakho though really impressed me, passing stats annoy me a little as they never take into account context. Right pass? Easy pass whilst braver pass ignored? But Sakho is very brave with his passing he always seems to make the right call with the ball. Brilliant.

LeoT

I actually thought Lucas changed the game.

We were bullied first half, but controlled the game 2nd half when he came on.
Also, played the pass to Flanno that lead to te penalty as well as a number of defense splitting passes.

Bleech

TIA Reserve Team
Toss up between Gerrard and Flanno for me. Honourable mention to Sakho and Skrtel too. Sakho didn't look like a player who was playing his first game after a long break due to injury. Flanno was superb tho. He's doing things on the pitch, now, that I never expected he would ever be capable of. One of his best games for us so far. I've gone for him but there wasn't much in it.

Zoran

Gotta be Gerrard, not a lot to choose from anyway.

To be honest I thought Henderson wasn't good, maybe statistically he was, but my impression during the game was that he was below his standard this season. Also thought the Lucas sub didn't make much sense at the time (wanted Allen in, but maybe he wasn't quite fit or what did Rodgers say?).

Sterling was good in the second half.

Libero

Gerrard for sure, special mention to Johnson who I thought was fantastic as were Skrtel and Sahko.

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
Can't go past Stevie here, wants this title so bad he can taste it!

Honorable mention to the centre halves both did very well and generally kept Andy out of the game.
Can't help but wonder if he used that pairing as an indicator of his thoughts for the Citeh game.

Lucas was also good when he came on.

WellRedKev

TIA Reserve Team
Gerrard mom special mention for sahko. He wins every header I love him.

This is getting hot n spicey.

spizfromoz

For me, Skrtel won so many of the aerial battles, he nullified one of their so called 'potent' threats. So for me, he left them a little flaccid. So Skrtel for MotM.

LeoT

zagueiro said:
Lucas, changed the game!
I agree 100% Lucas changed the game so he got my vote.

The gulf in our performance between the 1st half and the 2nd was incredable.
I was expecting West Ham to score in the 1st half because they bullied us all over the pitch, yet West Ham didn't even get near to scoring in the 2nd half because we had taken total control of the game.

Credit to Brendan too for protecting Coutinho by taking him off, the physicality was just a bit too much for him.
If Brendan's name was on the poll I would possibly give it to him for his bravery and decisive substitutions.

Redsatomz

You know what impressed the most? That they are so many players who are genuine MOTM in our recent games. Sahko and skrtel were rock solid in the air. Mignolet was focused throughout the game despite the daylight robbery from Carroll. Lucas changed the game when he got on. Henderson kept running. And Gerrard, our capt fantastic.

There are so many players putting in MOTM efforts, that even when some players have an off day (Sturridge, coutinho), we can be assured that the others would step up to be counted.

I don't know whether we can win the league, but man, I damn proud of this team! 100%effort all the time!

SirBillShankly

We live in a fallen world.
Has to be Captain Fantastic for being as cool as a cucumber from the spot and dealing with the pressure and for being immense in every way.

Credit to Skrtel to who did really well and Lucas who helped us control the game second half.