• Lucas Leiva (for Gerrard 56')

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Victor Moses (for Sterling 72')

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Martin Kelly (for Flanagan 79')

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

LFC7NH

After a game where no one deserved it to a game where only one player deserved it, will be nice to have a normal poll lol

MOTM Table through the Norwich Game:

Points column = 5 points for most votes in a match, 3 points for second most votes in a match, 1 point for third most votes in a match
Total votes = Total number of man of the match votes received

yiannos33

Believe
Coutinho was the motm for me. Even after Gerrard was injured he was pulling the strings.

spizfromoz

Saw more of Joe Allen's intelligence as a footballer and saw a role for him at the club after the WHU game. So for me he was MOTM. And have to say, Sakho must play regularly to turn into the player I think he'll be: mammoth. Sterling if he'd scored one of the many chances he had may also have come close: also needs to play regularly now to evolve as a player.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Force an own goal, scored a header and a deflected goal, coming off from a super performance just a few days ago... Can't see why one wouldn't vote for him. Luis Suarez gets my vote.

Bleech

TIA Reserve Team
Hard to vote... it was a great team performance really... seeing as I have to choose, going Suarez for having a hand in 3 goals...

bes

Edged Allen over Coutinho. Showed some very nice poise on the ball

dxb_red

i was really impressed with Joe Allen...he's got a lot of stick recently, particularly after that miss against everton, so for him to come out and play like that took a look of courage...for that reason alone, he gets my vote...

SirBillShankly

We live in a fallen world.
3 players stuck out for me, All were seriously impressive, Coutinho, Allen and Sahko, but i think Allen was the pick of the bunch, he was outstanding..

dxb_red

its amazing to think that just 2 weeks ago, there were people on here ready to completely write off Joe Allen...

ptt

2020, head of the table.
Joe had a superb game and i'm obviously pre-disposed to love Cou but Suarez, outstanding again.

Perth Red

Deep in the wilds of outback Queensland
Really it was Juusi, we would have had 7 with a lesser keeper, but for us it had to be Big Mo Sakho!

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
dxb_red said:
its amazing to think that just 2 weeks ago, there were people on here ready to completely write off Joe Allen...
Equally amazing that playing against 2 bottom half teams and did fairly well, and people start to mock other posters for wanting a better player.

craigbellamy

Swinging away, hoping to land one on a motd idiot
Well done to joe allen, he was calm, collected and worked tirelessly for the team. Let's hope he steps up against Spurs, City and Chelsea if Steve's hamstring injury is bad....

dxb_red

lfc.eddie said:
Equally amazing that playing against 2 bottom half teams and did fairly well, and people start to mock other posters for wanting a better player.
Bore me later. I'm not mocking anyone, nor am i saying that Joe Allen is a superstar, all I'm saying is that its a little bit early for people to write him off as a flop, considering he's struggled with injury and he's still only 23. And regardless of the opposition, his performances of late have been top notch.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
dxb_red said:
Bore me later. I'm not mocking anyone, nor am i saying that Joe Allen is a superstar, all I'm saying is that its a little bit early for people to write him off as a flop, considering he's struggled with injury and he's still only 23. And regardless of the opposition, his performances of late have been top notch.
Nobody is denying he did well in the last couple of games, but did he do better than Suarez yesterday or Coutinho? It's extremely subjective. So spare the "I told you so" post till he actually delivers something very significant. Yes?

SirBillShankly

lfc.eddie said:
Nobody is denying he did well in the last couple of games, but did he do better than Suarez yesterday or Coutinho? It's extremely subjective. So spare the "I told you so" post till he actually delivers something very significant. Yes?
This is the MOTM thread Eddie, no need to argue here is there really?

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
SirBillShankly said:
This is the MOTM thread Eddie, no need to argue here is there really?
It is a MOTM thread with opinions and views. Can't have mine out there?

dxb_red

lfc.eddie said:
It is a MOTM thread with opinions and views. Can't have mine out there?
you can give your opinion without being passive aggressive and snide. But then, of course, you wouldnt get the reaction you are seeking.

norwegian wood

TIA Regular
Some good performances yesterday. Mignolet, Sakho, Allen, Coutinho and Suarez all deserve a special mention.

Haven't seen the game a second time, but my impression was that both Suarez and Coutinho blew a bit hot and cold, especially in the first half. Messed up the simple things too often for my liking. Very good in the second half though.

Mignolet once again delivered when we needed it and Sakho was rock solid. West Ham looked to punt it upfield and go for the second balls a few times, but Sakho made sure there wasn't many second balls to fight for.

Overall though I thought Allen was our best player. Made us tick in the first half when others were a bit unlucky with their more aggressive approach - important for our attacking rhythm. Also did a stellar job defensively, particularly with his pressing. Even better in the second half when he joined the attack more, especially after Gerrard went off and he moved further up the pitch. Encouraging.

kwala

TIA Regular
Allen was comfortably the MOM. Looked really sharp and energetic again, he obviously has regained his match fitness after the injuries. For a period after we scored the 2nd and before West Ham got 1 back, we played our best football of the season, and Allen was at the heart of that. His passing was crisp and incisive, and he was always moving and finding space to recieve the ball.

Have to add, at the start of last season Allen was our best player by a country mile. Injuries put an end to that, but it looks like he really is returning to that level. Thought that the Lucas, Allen, Coutinho midfield trio worked really well yesterday. That might not be the case against more powerful physical teams.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
dxb_red said:
This is your original post about Allen..... Not snidy?

dxb_red said:
you can give your opinion without being passive aggressive and snide. But then, of course, you wouldnt get the reaction you are seeking.
You were saying?

costared

TIA Reserve Team
A lot of good performances but I just give the edge to Sakho.Not the most elegant player but made a lot of difference to our defence. Did not win every header but made sure they had no free headers. Distribution also good and got an assist.
Cannot see the obsession with Allen. Did well and had possibly his best game for us but was still bundled off the ball occasionally and does not find the defence splitting passes. Good to see him hit form though.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
costared said:
A lot of good performances but I just give the edge to Sakho.Not the most elegant player but made a lot of difference to our defence. Did not win every header but made sure they had no free headers. Distribution also good and got an assist.
Cannot see the obsession with Allen. Did well and had possibly his best game for us but was still bundled off the ball occasionally and does not find the defence splitting passes. Good to see him hit form though.
He created plenty yesterday...

Bobbinho

I gave it to Joe Allen, not an easy choice though but i think he just shaded it, good effort yesterday, has the right attributes to become a decent player for us.

SirBillShankly

Already voted and I gave it to Allen but just been watching Mostars compilation of Sahko, i can easily see why people would vote for him, he is formidable, a real monster, we need this guy in the side if we are serious about picking up points at Chelsea, City and Spurs.

shachart

"You're supposed to help people that need a bit."
Why isn't Assaidi on the list?

Scored a goal, sunk chelski. What moe can a bloke do to get some recognition ?

Walter Sobchak

Very hard to call. Sakho was almost flawless, Allen and Cou both did great in midfield, Sterling would have been up there had he kept his cool and slotted one (or two), Suarez creating havoc again and instrumental in 3 goals. Suarez for me.

kone

TIA Squad Member
Cou for me, although Sakho and Suarez had good games.

Maulkin

LittleFinger
I voted for Sakho.

He seems to be so comfortable on the ball, even under pressure, weighing perfectly the ball to teammates.
And his heading ability (defensively at least) is for all to see.
I'm not so bothered BR didn't start him until now, because he probably needed time to settle in a new environnement.
but now, I'm really hoping he'll be a starter when fit. He deserves it, more than all of our defenders, and he can only improve.