• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Munich Chants

Anthony

I really hope Liverpool fans take the higher road regarding any chants about human disasters and loss of lives. It will go on, but they are not needed and it simply needs to stop.
I think given all the weeks' events only drunken morons may get out of line, but I think we (fans/ stewards/ cops) will be all over it. Here's to fierce rivalries without "hate crimes"

sunburst

TIA Youth Team
I really hope Liverpool fans take the higher road regarding any chants about human disasters and loss of lives. It will go on, but they are not needed and it simply needs to stop.
My thoughts exactly, It'll only be a minority of manc fans, but we need to be better than that and retaliate only with real songs and not start shit slinging.

davenewton1

TIA Reserve Team
Never heard munich songs sung at anfield in all the games ive been too much more likely to hear Fat granny shagger if he was playing !

1988greatestteam

Wishing for number 6
All,

This weekend we entertain United at home. Following on from the Suarez - Evra incident and then the non-handshake last season, the Hillsborough revelations and the chants at Old Trafford on Saturday the media are going to be on crowd watch like never before. Old red nose has even spoken about the subject to try and diffuse the issue, something which for the first time ever I praised him for.

It has been a historic week for The Hillsborough families and Liverpool FC in general and we have received a huge wave of public support with amazing scenes around England with clubs playing YNWA before kick off.

The point of this thread is to raise my concerns all this could disappear on Sunday if a few people in the crowd either instigate or retaliate with chants about Munich. For many years the families and our fans have fought a campaign for justice with great dignity, we need to ensure that this dignity is understood and adhered to by ALL Liverpool fans on Sunday.

Simple question - What can we do to hopefully stop any idiots on Sunday or do you believe it is possible to show disgust towards anyone that does?
make ourselves louder than the muppets!

1988greatestteam

Wishing for number 6
I would never leave out our best player against them just to avoid some handshake drama. Suarez can do what he wants in regards to that in my mind, he is still feeling the falllout from Evras lies so if he doesn't want to shake hands with that tit I certainly won't be slagging him for it, I have a feeling he will shake his hand though if Evra starts, best case scenario is that Fergie goes with that new sigining Buttner instead and the drama is avoided.

I hope we stuff them, what a way to turn our season around!
Yep..handshakegate all over again, as Lou macarri said on channel 5 once, the whole system is riddled with double-sanders, yes he said double sanders, anyway we knew what ya meant pint size...

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Never heard munich songs sung at anfield in all the games ive been too
^

It won't get sung. Some of you lot are out of touch if you really think it'll get an airing at Anfield.

Away at United, yes, you'd have some justified concerns. Not at Anfield though.

Thread should be closed.