• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

My best story involving Reds is

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
While I was going through the main site, I came across the below articles where fellow Reds (currently working in TIA) shared a lot of things about how they became LFC fans, their first game live, their favorite season, etc. One thing I quite liked is their stories involving Reds. I am pretty sure quite a few here would have a great story they can share with us. And more than quite a few here would be happy to hear. So, do tell us here.

Chris McLoughlin

Jeff Goulding

nobluff

Official TIA Match Thread Starter
It was perfect timing for me, I was on a working holiday in the uk, went on day trip to liverpool to see if I could get tickets (yes, scalpers), and got one to the Robbie Fowler quickest hat-trick vs Arsenal. I kept the ticket stub for a while, then lost it when I moved to canada.

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
My Dad's from Liverpool but he has quite a complicated history so it wasn't until I started going to Anfield in the early seventies that I first met the Liverpool side of the family. I had never met them until then. They were all Evertonians. I suppose I should have guessed as my Dad is actually from Everton but it was a bit of shock for them to discover that my father had brought a Redshite into the world.

When I got my first job I moved to London but spent all my disposable cash on going to Liverpool games. On the day we played Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in 1986 (the double year) needing a win for the title, I had a family get together to go to. I can't even remember what it was all about but I know relatives were coming over and I had to promise faithfully to be there. I phoned my parents and told them I had to work that weekend. Never felt so guilty. To this day I have never revealed the truth. In fact my poor old departed Ma went to her grave not knowing about my deception and I still haven't got round to telling my Dad. I was right behind the goal when Kenny scored the winner, keepng my head down in case I was spotted on Match of the Day.

For the 87/88 season I had left London and lived over 300 miles from Liverpool. I got my first car for that season and started driving all over the place watching that brilliant team play, including at Anfield, a 600 mile round journey where I often ended up sleeping in the car on the way home. I went to a few aways too. I was an inexperienced driver and in the pre-Sat Nav years had no idea where I was going most of the time, regularly abandoning the car in odd places because I didn't want to miss the start of the game.

I went to Southampton and after the game couldn't remember where I'd parked the car. I wandered round the streets for hours in the snow trying to find it, couldn't and so decided I'd have to ring the police and tell them I'd lost my car. God knows what I expected them to do about it. I finally found a phone box and as I got in it saw my car directly opposite parked at a bizarre angle to the pavement.

My favourite ever season was the last one, 2018/19. These days I have more spare time on my hands and no kids to worry about any more so I am reliving my childhood and teenage years by going to as many games as I can. At the start of 2019 I got ill. It wasn't very serious but I had to go to hospital and take drugs etc so it was a bit depressing. I'd been told to take it easy but I was contorted with agony watching games online or on the TV given how tense they all were and found going to the match therapeutic and cathartic even though it was a physical effort. I genuinely think watching Liverpool helped me get better and that match tickets should be made available on the National Health.

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
My Dad's from Liverpool but he has quite a complicated history so it wasn't until I started going to Anfield in the early seventies that I first met the Liverpool side of the family. I had never met them until then. They were all Evertonians. I suppose I should have guessed as my Dad is actually from Everton but it was a bit of shock for them to discover that my father had brought a Redshite into the world.

When I got my first job I moved to London but spent all my disposable cash on going to Liverpool games. On the day we played Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in 1986 (the double year) needing a win for the title, I had a family get together to go to. I can't even remember what it was all about but I know relatives were coming over and I had to promise faithfully to be there. I phoned my parents and told them I had to work that weekend. Never felt so guilty. To this day I have never revealed the truth. In fact my poor old departed Ma went to her grave not knowing about my deception and I still haven't got round to telling my Dad. I was right behind the goal when Kenny scored the winner, keepng my head down in case I was spotted on Match of the Day.

For the 87/88 season I had left London and lived over 300 miles from Liverpool. I got my first car for that season and started driving all over the place watching that brilliant team play, including at Anfield, a 600 mile round journey where I often ended up sleeping in the car on the way home. I went to a few aways too. I was an inexperienced driver and in the pre-Sat Nav years had no idea where I was going most of the time, regularly abandoning the car in odd places because I didn't want to miss the start of the game.

I went to Southampton and after the game couldn't remember where I'd parked the car. I wandered round the streets for hours in the snow trying to find it, couldn't and so decided I'd have to ring the police and tell them I'd lost my car. God knows what I expected them to do about it. I finally found a phone box and as I got in it saw my car directly opposite parked at a bizarre angle to the pavement.

My favourite ever season was the last one, 2018/19. These days I have more spare time on my hands and no kids to worry about any more so I am reliving my childhood and teenage years by going to as many games as I can. At the start of 2019 I got ill. It wasn't very serious but I had to go to hospital and take drugs etc so it was a bit depressing. I'd been told to take it easy but I was contorted with agony watching games online or on the TV given how tense they all were and found going to the match therapeutic and cathartic even though it was a physical effort. I genuinely think watching Liverpool helped me get better and that match tickets should be made available on the National Health.
Gem of a supporter. Hats off to you.