Nabil Fekir (AM/ST) Lyon

What will Fekir be leaning on?

• The Wall of Champions, pointing at the newly installed 6

• A giant screen playing the leaked video from last year which we'll use for VAR

• The railing at Melwood, looking forlornly at it cos he knackered his knee again

• A bog standard table, with a bog standard pen, and a sheet of random paper

• A furious Man City fan demanding to know why THEY aren't in the picture as champions

• Big Virg, because fucking anyone can lean on him

• An enormous pile of cash that Mick Edwards saved us

• The crushed spirit of James Pearce

• His mum, because he's not fucking coming

Results are only viewable after voting.

Keeno

TIA New Signing
This one will end up on Jeremy Kyle.

Aulas and Klopp separated by a big fat security guy.

Kyle loudly reads the findings of the medical in dramatic fashion in the style of a Paternity test reveal.

Backstage they cut to Fekir with his trailer park Mother rocking from side to side whilst he clutches a plush toy in the shape of the Jules Rimet trophy.

Every time anyone mentions the name Fekir it's bleeped out.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
1. Fekir should sign an extension with Lyon
2. Lyon should loan him to us for a year, loan fee say £10m
3. Terms of the loan should include obligation to buy if Fekir features in x number of games or for x number of minutes. Agreed fee of £43m (or whatever the previously agreed fee was less the loan fee)
4. Lyon insures, we pay premium
5. We pay all Fekir's wages

Just hypothesising. If the knee caused us to pull back, any deal will need to be incredibly attractive to us to even tempt us back in.

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
3. Terms of the loan should include obligation to buy if Fekir features in x number of games or for x number of minutes. Agreed fee of £43m (or whatever the previously agreed fee was less the loan fee)

Just hypothesising. If the knee caused us to pull back, any deal will need to be incredibly attractive to us to even tempt us back in.
So you too think the deals dead?

Kopstar

★★★★★★
So you too think the deals dead?
I've genuinely got no idea. I think it's safe to say it's currently dead, I don't believe the announcement has been held off for any reason. That's not to say a deal can't be done but it doesn't look likely right now.

YeGra

Didn't Aulas give a deadline of end of July for Fekir to move on? So that means a week from now, we can add another nail to the coffin.

I'm wondering if we will go overdrive to find a number 10 in January.

Gone Kloppo

Formerly known as Ʒan
Aulas clearly wants to shift him, and he apparently only wants to come here.
I am not sure I believe the reports he only wants to come to us. I'm not sure why I'd believe that over any of the other bullshit rumours going around at this time of year. However, if it is true, it makes things very interesting as I just don't see why he and his agent would push through and demand a move to us if we weren't sending signals from our side.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Didn't Aulas give a deadline of end of July for Fekir to move on? So that means a week from now, we can add another nail to the coffin.

Malcolm just joined Barca. Wonder if we’ll go for Dembele?

richieh10

My opinion on this is simple...

We were signing him and at the same time LFCs position was very much “we’re sticking with a karius, Danny Ward will get his chance etx.

We then realised he had a gammy knee the deal was off and 4 weeks later we splashed 65 million on Alisson, sold Ward and confirmed Karius as (at best) number 2.

This deal for Fekir isn’t happening in my opinion and as a result we’ve used the money to strengthen else where - in goal

richieh10

This won’t happen tho... will it

Chewbazza

True Believer
I've always felt this would happen, even in the aftermath of Fekir Friday. If France had gone out early, it would probably be done by now, but winning the thing I think means he misses the start of the season regardless, so there's no hurry to complete, but I still feel it gets done.

I'm going to say 3rd August 5pm (french time).

If he doesn't sign, I don't think there'll be an alternative in this window.

AussieLad

TIA Regular

Also need to remember that the P/L transfer window closes earlier this year. From memory I think early August

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Yep, August 9. Clubs wanted it done and dusted before the season proper kicked off.
A good move in my opinion, but will be interesting to see what happens with European clubs as their windows stay open till September. Will piss myself laughing if Chelsea end up being forced to sell either Willian, Hazard or Courtois after the English window closes

OLDIE

TIA New Signing
A good move in my opinion, but will be interesting to see what happens with European clubs as their windows stay open till September. Will piss myself laughing if Chelsea end up being forced to sell either Willian, Hazard or Courtois after the English window closes
Me too. Somehow I think the English clubs will have the financial clout to tell the European suiters to fuck off.

We do no business after the 9th August. A season or two of that Europe will comply with the premier league clubs.

Caveat - If Barca offer 140m for Mignolet we may relent

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Me too. Somehow I think the English clubs will have the financial clout to tell the European suiters to fuck off.

We do no business after the 9th August. A season or two of that Europe will comply with the premier league clubs.

Caveat - If Barca offer 140m for Mignolet we may relent
Generally I think you would be correct, but we all know that both Real and Barca are a dirty bunch of cunts, so they would no doubt try to screw at least 1 English club and bid for a player after the English window closes

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
I think the window also closes early this year in he big European leagues. There's an article in the Guadian about it IIRC. I'd put a link to it but I'm not near a PC right now. If only there was someone with expert knowledge on here who could confirm that.

cynicaloldgit

Total Member
I think the window also closes early this year in he big European leagues. There's an article in the Guadian about it IIRC. I'd put a link to it but I'm not near a PC right now. If only there was someone with expert knowledge on here who could confirm that.
France, Germany and Spain are still open until the end of August; other leagues vary.

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Spain France and Germany still open till 31st. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfer_window

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Being discussed but not happening this year for the major leagues apart from Italy (17 August, day before Serie A kicks off). The rest go to end of August with some outliers like Portugal.

[Here's an article from the BBC today with two basic errors in it, quelle surprise

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44939041

The window opened on 17 May

Wrong, it was the 9 June

The Premier League's move means that while English clubs will be able to sell players until the end of August

Wrong. Players can be sold any time providing the association that they are transferring into has an open transfer window.

Of course, you guys know this stuff by now, right?!]

Last edited:

kiwiredman

This is my serious face
So many opinions circulating around the media on this one. While I believe the likes of James Pearce, Melissa Reddy and Paul Joyce are more reliable in that they don't constantly fire out speculative bullshit, I don't think any journo has any idea at all what is going on with LFC transfers.

I think this will happen and part of the reason for that is, given all the publicized information regarding talks between the club, surely LFC would have at least acknowledged that we were interested in a deal but walked away (unless I missed that...)? We don't need to give a reason for withdrawing interest, thereby not adversely effecting any future transfer value of Fekir to some other club.

ubermick

Willing to drive Lovren to the airport
Admin
Actually think Pearce is no longer reliable in any way - everything he says now is opinion. His primary source mysteriously disappeared right around the time our former manager left the club. (Amazing coincidence).

It's all Joyce. Followed by some distance by Reddy.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Actually think Pearce is no longer reliable in any way - everything he says now is opinion. His primary source mysteriously disappeared right around the time our former manager left the club. (Amazing coincidence).

Piss on your chips Pearce is all about the denial these days. He’s like the angel of death to Transfer Rumours.

Which makes me think the club use him to quash rumours we don’t like - when an agent or club is fabricating our interest for their own ends.

red arizona scott

Is there any real indication that Fekir is a bit of a putz?
No I don't think so. Picked for NT over Rabiot, Lyon captain, and they seem to like him.

The reference was for perhaps (I don't know) why Max Meyer is still out there despite being on a free and I think considered more talented/upside than say Emre Can. Hard to think it is just wage issue considering no transfer fee should enable more wages.

GermanRed

Piss on your chips Pearce is all about the denial these days. He’s like the angel of death to Transfer Rumours.

Which makes me think the club use him to quash rumours we don’t like - when an agent or club is fabricating our interest for their own ends.
No early leaks even from the reliable journos this summer. No one knew about our interest in Fabinho. The club couldn't do anything about leaks in the Fekir saga because he was at camp with France and we had to do medical there. Shaqiri was pretty obvious - don't know who reported it first.

+ all the journos (i think) wrote that Shaqiri is not a Fekir alternative (won't be our only attacking signing) but at the moment it seems they were all wrong.

Nikola

We're not worthy!
Admin

In my opinion, Joyce and Jones are THE journos to follow when it comes to transfer news (not a coincidence that Jones gets all this information now that he's no longer working for Echo), followed by Bascombe, Reddy and King. Most of them are saying that Fekir is off, and none that there is hope of him signing for Liverpool. So, that's that for me.

Noo Noo

It’s weird, because I’ve gone from pretty much accepting this is dead, to believing we’ll get him late in the window.

Aulas clearly wants to shift him, and he apparently only wants to come here.
Similar. One minute I think its dead and then another little snippet comes out and then I'm paying attention again. Quite an addictive saga this one although I have a horrible gut feeling we'll be disappointed.

@Kopstar's suggestion of a loan makes sense.

There was talk of Fekir having a specific / special training schedule earlier in this thread. Is that still considered accurate? Would France have followed that? We all know that England dont because they know better etc. Just before they send the player back injured.

For the 43,640th time this week, I was wrong.*
Go on, just one more time........................;-);-)

Kopstar

★★★★★★
I've always felt this would happen, even in the aftermath of Fekir Friday. If France had gone out early, it would probably be done by now, but winning the thing I think means he misses the start of the season regardless, so there's no hurry to complete, but I still feel it gets done.

I'm going to say 3rd August 5pm (french time).

If he doesn't sign, I don't think there'll be an alternative in this window.
Very canny of you not to specify a year, good thinking ;-)

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team

Yes, he gets to break all the bad news. Like when we were getting excited about the idea of Keita signing early in Jan. Within half an hour of those tweets going out suggesting it might be on he was shutting it all down with an emphatic denial. No way he can say these things with that level of certainty without getting it from the club.

He's the negative Nancy to Reddy and Joyce's positive Pams. I think he is being punished by the club by being too matey with BR. Whereas Reddy's full-on positivity is rewarded with all the good news and interesting little factoids about transfers and behind the scenes stuff, Pearce has become the grim reaper shutting down any excitement about players we might like to buy. That's why we don't like him.

On Fekir, it's not happening, is it? So disappointed about this one. One player away from the perfect transfer window.