Nabil Fekir (AM/ST) Lyon

What will Fekir be leaning on?

• The Wall of Champions, pointing at the newly installed 6

• A giant screen playing the leaked video from last year which we'll use for VAR

• The railing at Melwood, looking forlornly at it cos he knackered his knee again

• A bog standard table, with a bog standard pen, and a sheet of random paper

• A furious Man City fan demanding to know why THEY aren't in the picture as champions

• Big Virg, because fucking anyone can lean on him

• An enormous pile of cash that Mick Edwards saved us

• The crushed spirit of James Pearce

• His mum, because he's not fucking coming

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
The new ruling, to come into effect next season, means that a player who been fielded by one club in the group stage of the Champions League, and is transferred during the January window, can play for his new club in the knockout stages.

145 days until the window opens lol

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
@Walshy07 you have been very active in the Fekir thread. I love your enthusiasm at times. Fuck me though mate, the Chavs didn't rock up with the rooble nor has any fekir with the Euro, perhaps his knee really is worse than Andy Carroll's

Strangely, I do think he will end up at Anfield
It’s the thrill of the chase!

Noo Noo

Was it confirmed that he failed? I thought he passed but we had an issue with the knee reconstruction but those fears were eased after we got a second opinion.
yes I believe so but the deal needed to be restructured and couldn't. There may have also been an insurance issue.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Was it confirmed that he failed? I thought he passed but we had an issue with the knee reconstruction but those fears were eased after we got a second opinion.
Very unlikely you'd get any sort of official confirmation of a failed medical. The deal was all set to go until it came to having the medical. It was never revived. Draw your own conclusions, I guess.

dockers_strike

The new ruling, to come into effect next season, means that a player who been fielded by one club in the group stage of the Champions League, and is transferred during the January window, can play for his new club in the knockout stages.

145 days until the window opens lol
I think that rule is effective from the start of this season or is that what you mean by 'next' season? Similarly, if any UEFA 2 legged knock out game goes to extra time, a 4th sub is allowed in the ET period, similar to the World Cup.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
I think that rule is effective from the start of this season or is that what you mean by 'next' season? Similarly, if any UEFA 2 legged knock out game goes to extra time, a 4th sub is allowed in the ET period, similar to the World Cup.
You are right. The article i copied that from was from march i think.

C

Caradoc

The notion that we will revisit this transfer in January assumes that nobody on the continent snaps him up this summer. That’s even before we get to whether LFC actually retains any interest in Fekir.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
yes I believe so but the deal needed to be restructured and couldn't. There may have also been an insurance issue.
Did it? We have no strong indication that a restructuring would have helped. Aulas and Fekir were quite public they were willing to compromise to get a deal done and there was still no suggestion from anyone half reliable that we had gone back in to negotiate on a restructuring.

Noo Noo

Did it? We have no strong indication that a restructuring would have helped. Aulas and Fekir were quite public they were willing to compromise to get a deal done and there was still no suggestion from anyone half reliable that we had gone back in to negotiate on a restructuring.
Yes you're right. It may have been an option but we may have just simply walked away from it.

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
Remember chatting to some Rangers fans a few years back about the different Aussies that played for them, when I mentioned Muscat they looked at each other laughing then I turned to me and said 'Jeez he was a dirty bastard!'

It struck me how bad you must be for Rangers fans to consider you a dirty bastard.
Sergio f*****g Ramos says hi.

SirBillShankly

We live in a fallen world.
I tend to agree with ZB. I 100% believe we've dropped our interest for good due to the knee issue and we are probably evaluating our next signing.As good as this lad is it's seems it's only a matter of time before his knee breaks down, shame, but life goes on. More opportunity for young Curtis to make his mark now so it could be a blessing in disguise.

We have our little Powercube anyway :J

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"

GaryBarlow99

Not true, check his playing stats and it will show you otherwise. Theo Walcott on the other hand....
Three knee injuries before we signed him (one which kept him out for almost 4 months) and a number of other injuries keeping him out for around a month at a time.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/alex-oxlade-chamberlain/verletzungen/spieler/143424

I love AOC mate but we knew he was injury prone when we bought him.

With regards to Lallana we gave him a contract extension in February 2017 and he had a few periods out with muscle injuries and knee injuries before we offered him the new contract.

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
Really seeing Klopp’s influence in our transfer. If he’s here back then Lallana and Ings wouldn’t have been bought. We probably won’t see Sturridge too.

Klopp at the time of his appointment singled out Danny Ings as one of the guys he wanted to work with. I believe it's about trusting the medical professionals and deciding to take a calculated risks.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Could it just possibly be that it is not about the injury per se but the operation and post-operative prognosis in Fekir’s case? Posters on here are getting their knickers in a twist without being in possession of the facts. Pointless!
That’s been suggested by a few people. Liverpool weren’t happy with the technique used to repair the ligament and believe there is a high likelihood the knee will go again in a couple of year.

The intensity Klopp demands from players is undoubtedly a factor as well.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Klopp at the time of his appointment singled out Danny Ings as one of the guys he wanted to work with. I believe it's about trusting the medical professionals and deciding to take a calculated risks.
Danny Ings was signed under Rodgers watch. Unless Klopp started to tell us who to sign 3 months prior to his arrival, I'd say Ings in no way part of Klopp's signing.

Limiescouse

Could it just possibly be that it is not about the injury per se but the operation and post-operative prognosis in Fekir’s case? Posters on here are getting their knickers in a twist without being in possession of the facts. Pointless!
His injury was public record. The idea we walked away because he had experienced an injury makes no sense as this was already known prior to conducting the medical. So what you say is not just a possibility, it is the only explanation for why we would walk away after a medical. I think many people are really stretching over what we might have seen that we didnt like, but ultimately that doesnt matter. You do a medical so you check to see how the healing has progressed. I find it strange how many people find this situation confusing when the outcome was the result of the very purpose of conducting the medical.

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
Danny Ings was signed under Rodgers watch. Unless Klopp started to tell us who to sign 3 months prior to his arrival, I'd say Ings in no way part of Klopp's signing.
Not denying that Ings came in the Rodgers era. But Danny Ings, Gomez etc were singled out for praise by Klopp when he later joined.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Not denying that Ings came in the Rodgers era. But Danny Ings, Gomez etc were singled out for praise by Klopp when he later joined.
Have you ever seen or read or heard Klopp slagging off any players in public? All positive comments to the people in Liverpool and even players of other teams unless they play dirty and try to hurt our players.

You guys made it sound like you’ve just met this German fella.

Status
Not open for further replies.