Nabil Fekir (AM/ST) Lyon

What will Nabil be leaning on?

• The executive wall. With the Shankly quote. In a suit.

• A giant pile of knee scans

• Aulas' ego

• A crutch or walking stick

• A television playing the leaked video of himself

• The contract table of course

• Fabinho, Naby, Shaqiri, and Alisson arranged in a pile

• His World Cup medal

• A gibbering Dejan Lovren, looking sullenly at said World Cup medal

• Michael Edwards' laptop, which has gained sentience and rules us all

• Leans are so 2017 - it's all about the posed screaming and badge grabbing

• Red wall, looking like a moody, hard bastard.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Armada

TIA Regular
I hope that too but I shudder to think what would happen if we failed in another final.
Nothing would happen. If anything, it might strengthen our resolve even further. And as far as depth is concerned we do seem to lack one or two players to have an ideal squad, but then again almost nobody does.

What we already have is enough, provided that we have some luck with injuries for once. Which again it's not looking likely, since we already have 3 CBs out at the same time.

Maria

I am hoping for the best (wishing for Fekir will come to Anfield), but preparing for the worst (that he may not come).

nasco

Would it be though? Surely that depends upon whether his knee might blow up and, don't forget, we know precisely where it's weak if he was to play against us and meet one of our more enthusiastic tacklers...oops... what am I saying...forget I mentioned it...
yo mate, hope you don't mean a LFC tackler need to purposefully attack Fekir's knee if he plays against us? that ain't cool. which reminds me to say i'm really happy we don't have a fooker with ramos' mentality in our team.
besides, i don't buy this story about his knee. if that was the issue, i believe someone would clearly say it. i guess something else went wrong. but even if there were some medical concerns, perhaps we should run the risk? it takes balls to win, don't you agree?
anyway, i like this player and i do believe he would fit well into our squad and give us a serious advantage. whatever happens, i wish him well!

SBYM

Who's the fella owns this shithole?

Noo Noo

i don't buy this story about his knee. if that was the issue, i believe someone would clearly say it. i guess something else went wrong. but even if there were some medical concerns, perhaps we should run the risk? it takes balls to win, don't you agree?
anyway, i like this player and i do believe he would fit well into our squad and give us a serious advantage. whatever happens, i wish him well!
I suspect the findings of any medical are confidential to start with but there was clearly something not right. Enough for us to either walk away from that moment or try to change the terms of the transfer. A change that Lyon were not willing to accept.

I think the only real unknown for me is whether we did actually just walk away or did we try and restructure the deal. Each would provide a slightly different view of the risk the club thought was associated with the transfer.

There was also this insurance thing. I've no idea if that was accurate or not.

Anyway we need another 300 posts on this thread before it gets closed tomorrow night to reach my self proclaimed target of 4000 posts on a transfer that wont happen. Pull your fingers out!!!! :well done:

C

Caradoc

Can’t wait to see the tumbleweed bouncing through this thread at 17.01 BST on Thursday, likewise the Pulisic thread.

I’m still open to the idea that someone ...... possibly who has had little or no mention so far ...... might appear with the appropriate Melwood lean between now and then though.

Noo Noo

Can’t wait to see the tumbleweed bouncing through this thread at 17.01 BST on Thursday, likewise the Pulisic thread.

I’m still open to the idea that someone ...... possibly who has had little or no mention so far ...... might appear with the appropriate Melwood lean between now and then though.
I'm replying purely to keep the post count up ;-)

Klopps comments last night suggest that there's efforts being made on something. Whether it comes off or not is a different matter. I think its fair to say that the club isn't standing still

Kopstar

★★★★★
yo mate, hope you don't mean a LFC tackler need to purposefully attack Fekir's knee if he plays against us? that ain't cool. which reminds me to say i'm really happy we don't have a fooker with ramos' mentality in our team.
besides, i don't buy this story about his knee. if that was the issue, i believe someone would clearly say it. i guess something else went wrong. but even if there were some medical concerns, perhaps we should run the risk? it takes balls to win, don't you agree?
It was clearly said in jest but the knee issue is the most obvious explanation as to why we haven't had anything confirmed publicly. If it was a medical issue it would be confidential. If it was instead because of money, for example, that would have come out.

As for simply buying someone and hoping for the best I disagree, it doesn't take balls to win, it takes a working pair of knees.

redfanman

TIA Regular
I'm replying purely to keep the post count up ;-)

Klopps comments last night suggest that there's efforts being made on something. Whether it comes off or not is a different matter. I think its fair to say that the club isn't standing still
I don't think his comments suggested that. He was just being non committal because anything he says gets construed as we are doing something in the market

Lynch04

Smeg Head
I don't think his comments suggested that. He was just being non committal because anything he says gets construed as we are doing something in the market
I agree, also Klopp has a cheeky sense of humour and i suspect alot of it is press baiting.
That said, i believe we are still open to making a signing but only if it makes sense. We may have made enquiries even tabled an offer but are content with what we have done this summer and so wont be pushed into or making any rash last minute bids. Only if the selling club make an effort to agree with our terms

soberphobia

We went into the window prioritising a creative midfielder who could also deputise for Bobby if he needs a break/gets injured. Shaqiri has looked great in pre season but we still look thin in the attacking third depth wise, Especially considering the Ox will be out for pretty much the entire season. I wouldn't be surprised to see a deadline day deal done but Klopp has generally been quite decisive in the market.

Aulas has been whoring the guy out to anyone who will listen and has generally been a dick. Player clearly wants a move, I still hold a smidgeon of hope.

Noo Noo

yep. Wouldn't argue with that.

I've been thinking that our business has been done for a couple of weeks now. A few outgoings to sort but no more coming in.

C

Caradoc

it's not just that they shot the video, it's that he looks so fucking excited to wear the shirt

i feel bad for him
I sort of feel that the club handled that part of the process badly. They should (ideally) only do the kit and ‘signing’ parts after they are completely satisfied and the transfer is a 100% done deal. It could easily have been done after the World Cup. Its about not rushing things and getting it right. Whilst trusting the club completely on the deal itself, in the end it was just a freakin’ mess all ‘round.

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
Better weigh in for the post count,at least.
Doubt we'll see any more in comings now,unless it is one well under the radar.
Whatever cooled us with Fekir,we'll never know,,,knee,Aulas who knows!

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
Considering it's only Chelsea that are seriously bidding on him at this stage, Reckon the other clubs think that Fekir's medical past is something they can't take a risk

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Considering it's only Chelsea that are seriously bidding on him at this stage, Reckon the other clubs think that Fekir's medical past is something they can't take a risk
Guy on radio said that now Willian and hazard are staying, Pedro signing new deal, the lad from Madrid coming in on loan where does Fekir get his game? Reckons Fekir will stay at Lyon.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Guy on radio said that now Willian and hazard are staying, Pedro signing new deal, the lad from Madrid coming in on loan where does Fekir get his game? Reckons Fekir will stay at Lyon.
Same question would apply to us too if we are to go for him no?

Johnp003

Looks like a fabulous replacement for Coutinho, hope the lad comes and brings fire with him.Like the fact he is their captain, a leader/ winner.These are the type of signings to take us to the next level.
Having watched his highlights reel this morning, I can say with some confidence Fekir would immediately become the best free-kick taker in the squad. Looks like he's scored some belters.

Edit: Like this one! :shocked:

Wow, I still think, even at this late stage, he would be a brilliant addition to a wonderful squad of players. YNWA

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
At least from 5pm we can concentrate on football!
Fekir won’t join chavs as no CL.
With us or Lyon he gets CL football

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
I reckon behind the scenes we'll have a sneaky try.. If they come to the table on our terms it gets done quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.