• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Nabil Fekir (AM/ST) Lyon

What will Fekir be leaning on?

• The Wall of Champions, pointing at the newly installed 6

• A giant screen playing the leaked video from last year which we'll use for VAR

• The railing at Melwood, looking forlornly at it cos he knackered his knee again

• A bog standard table, with a bog standard pen, and a sheet of random paper

• A furious Man City fan demanding to know why THEY aren't in the picture as champions

• Big Virg, because fucking anyone can lean on him

• An enormous pile of cash that Mick Edwards saved us

• The crushed spirit of James Pearce

• His mum, because he's not fucking coming

Results are only viewable after voting.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
At least from 5pm we can concentrate on football!
Fekir won’t join chavs as no CL.
With us or Lyon he gets CL football
We've been doing that since Alisson signed fella. Anything now is a huge huge bonus.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Yeah I don't think anything will happen here today. Just use to make stories as of course, there's always 1% chance that something (doesn't have to be Fekir) could happen. Also, I think the fact we gave Mane the #10 was also a strong indicator (which also doesn't have to mean we won't go back in for Fekir in one of the next two windows, another important number like Millie's #7 could potentially be available next summer par example).

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
The next time all sorts of ITKs was going over and over about a signing, we know it's not going to happen. Not a single ITK thought we would seal the Alisson deal, tipped to move to Chelsea and Real Madrid. Fabinho was chased by United, they even had a video made for him while we didn't make a single noise about the player. Keita was only revealed late into the window, much like Shaqiri. Giving timeline over timeline, then drumming up excuses when things don't happen and then to not want to let it go, continued to say we are interested, still negotiating and all that. In the end, we signed those nobody expects and suspect at times, and don't sign a single one that we tipped to be chasing profusely - Lemar and now Fekir.

So lesson here - just let the club sign them players. No need chasing ITK's coattail. We have Klopp, we will be bringing in good players.

OLDIE

TIA New Signing
Ad-free Member
I am calling this now.

Fekir will join Liverpool in January

incominggggggggggg !!!!!

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
I am calling this now.

Fekir will join Liverpool in January

incominggggggggggg !!!!!
Shades of the VVD deal with this.
Plus he’ll only have 18 months left on his contract in Jan

OLDIE

TIA New Signing
Ad-free Member
Shades of the VVD deal with this.
Plus he’ll only have 18 months left on his contract in Jan
@Walshy07 you have been very active in the Fekir thread. I love your enthusiasm at times. Fuck me though mate, the Chavs didn't rock up with the rooble nor has any fekir with the Euro, perhaps his knee really is worse than Andy Carroll's

Strangely, I do think he will end up at Anfield

Chewbazza

True Believer
Ad-free Member
The next time all sorts of ITKs was going over and over about a signing, we know it's not going to happen. Not a single ITK thought we would seal the Alisson deal, tipped to move to Chelsea and Real Madrid. Fabinho was chased by United, they even had a video made for him while we didn't make a single noise about the player. Keita was only revealed late into the window, much like Shaqiri. Giving timeline over timeline, then drumming up excuses when things don't happen and then to not want to let it go, continued to say we are interested, still negotiating and all that. In the end, we signed those nobody expects and suspect at times, and don't sign a single one that we tipped to be chasing profusely - Lemar and now Fekir.

So lesson here - just let the club sign them players. No need chasing ITK's coattail. We have Klopp, we will be bringing in good players.
Unfortunately by January everyone wil have forgotten these lessons and will be eagerly lapping up all the new rumours.

Zinedine Biscan

Kylian me softly...
Ad-free Member
Personally think Fekir link is done. It's not like we ran out of time, all indications are we dropped it like a hot stone after whatever it was came up in his medical, and we've not been in touch with Lyon since.

I wouldn't be surprised if we've already got some preliminary targets in mind and will spend the next 5-10 months evaluating them before the next winter and/or summer window.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
The new ruling, to come into effect next season, means that a player who been fielded by one club in the group stage of the Champions League, and is transferred during the January window, can play for his new club in the knockout stages.

145 days until the window opens lol

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
@Walshy07 you have been very active in the Fekir thread. I love your enthusiasm at times. Fuck me though mate, the Chavs didn't rock up with the rooble nor has any fekir with the Euro, perhaps his knee really is worse than Andy Carroll's

Strangely, I do think he will end up at Anfield
It’s the thrill of the chase!

GaryBarlow99

Apart from VvD actually passed his medical.
Was it confirmed that he failed? I thought he passed but we had an issue with the knee reconstruction but those fears were eased after we got a second opinion.

Noo Noo

Was it confirmed that he failed? I thought he passed but we had an issue with the knee reconstruction but those fears were eased after we got a second opinion.
yes I believe so but the deal needed to be restructured and couldn't. There may have also been an insurance issue.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Ad-free Member
Very unlikely you'd get any sort of official confirmation of a failed medical. The deal was all set to go until it came to having the medical. It was never revived. Draw your own conclusions, I guess.

dockers_strike

The new ruling, to come into effect next season, means that a player who been fielded by one club in the group stage of the Champions League, and is transferred during the January window, can play for his new club in the knockout stages.

145 days until the window opens lol
I think that rule is effective from the start of this season or is that what you mean by 'next' season? Similarly, if any UEFA 2 legged knock out game goes to extra time, a 4th sub is allowed in the ET period, similar to the World Cup.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
I think that rule is effective from the start of this season or is that what you mean by 'next' season? Similarly, if any UEFA 2 legged knock out game goes to extra time, a 4th sub is allowed in the ET period, similar to the World Cup.
You are right. The article i copied that from was from march i think.

C

Caradoc

The notion that we will revisit this transfer in January assumes that nobody on the continent snaps him up this summer. That’s even before we get to whether LFC actually retains any interest in Fekir.