• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Nabil Fekir (AM/ST) Lyon

What will Fekir be leaning on?

• The Wall of Champions, pointing at the newly installed 6

• A giant screen playing the leaked video from last year which we'll use for VAR

• The railing at Melwood, looking forlornly at it cos he knackered his knee again

• A bog standard table, with a bog standard pen, and a sheet of random paper

• A furious Man City fan demanding to know why THEY aren't in the picture as champions

• Big Virg, because fucking anyone can lean on him

• An enormous pile of cash that Mick Edwards saved us

• The crushed spirit of James Pearce

• His mum, because he's not fucking coming

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Caradoc

Okay, fair enough, but I can't help feeling sad for him.

Eddie you set your heart on something, you are gutted when it doesn't happen. It takes time to move on. They are human beings too, not robots. Money doesn't always buy happiness.

In fairness to eddie his views probably reflect those of Klopp who has said himself that players should keep their footballing disappointments in perspective.

That said, as I mentioned in my previous post, eddie is a very hard man whereas you and I are nice and considerate. :)

:tongue:

Last edited by a moderator:

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI
Ad-free Member
I am not looking at the player's point of view, I am looking at it at the club perspective. It didn't work out, we move on. Human or not, that's the way this game works. He is not our player, nor have I ever been a fan of his (unlike Messi which I would be gutted if we came so close and didn't go through). So I can't say I sympathise with him. That's how I see it.
Fair enough. I am just glad I am not a football manager or Football club owner, football is a ruthless sport sometimes.

Maria

Ad-free Member
In fairness to eddie his views probably reflect those of Klopp who has said himself that players should keep their footballing disappointments in perspective.

That said, as I mentioned in my previous post, eddie is a very hard man whereas you and I are nice and considerate. :)

:tongue:
Believe it or not, he does have a softer side, it just takes abit longer to find that bit, the heart is a complex organ.;-)

macca1970

We went for him, we found something we don't like, we didn't get him, he's upset. Too bad. Not like he's not going to get paid handsomely by his former club, in fact they've just offered him a big contract. We moved on, he should too.
Agree with this.

A £50m+ transfer agreed, along with a lucrative 5 year contract, but then complications with the medical. It's prudent as a club to then reconsider - either pull out totally or try to renegotiate with the new info to hand. I'd imagine we tried the latter option, but Lyon said no, which is their prerogative.

So can understand the disapointment from Fekir, but move on he should.

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
A transfer coming so close and end up not happening is part of the game and happens all the time. We ourself have gone through this numerous times and almost all of those time us fans and our club were the one left in disappointment. For once, us fans have moved on faster and the player still is gutted. But as I said, this happens all the time and I think he will sign the contract and move on.

PS - Personally I think if he gets to the last year of his contract, we can give him a shot.

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
A transfer coming so close and end up not happening is part of the game and happens all the time. We ourself have gone through this numerous times and almost all of those time us fans and our club were the one left in disappointment. For once, us fans have moved on faster and the player still is gutted. But as I said, this happens all the time and I think he will sign the contract and move on.

PS - Personally I think if he gets to the last year of his contract, we can give him a shot.
I don't think so. The matter is not about the price. Liverpool have shown now that they are willing to even pay more. It's got more to do with the players health.

We aren't going back to him

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
I don't think so. The matter is not about the price. Liverpool have shown now that they are willing to even pay more. It's got more to do with the players health.

We aren't going back to him
We aren't going back to him for the price Lyon is going to quote. But he costs us only 15-20m, you think we still won't give a shot?

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
There's a lot that Liverpool aren't revealing out of respect to the player. There's not been one indication that they want to proceed further with this.

There was a reason that Chelsea backed out of the deal as well.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
We aren't going back to him for the price Lyon is going to quote. But he costs us only 15-20m, you think we still won't give a shot?
I don't think so. If we wanted him I'm pretty sure we'd have bought him regardless of price (within reason). And I don't think we'd have got as far as we did if it was a question of stylistic fit or quality level. Something has put us off big time.

Maria

Ad-free Member
After tonight's performance against Man City, I am sure Nabil's premium price has gone up. Does anyone think our club might change their mind and bring him in in January? I know its a long shot and wishful thinking on my part.

Limiescouse

After tonight's performance against Man City, I am sure Nabil's premium price has gone up. Does anyone think our club might change their mind and bring him in in January? I know its a long shot and wishful thinking on my part.
If we do it wont because he has impressed us with his form, or even managed to stay fit, but because the extra time gave us time to hash out the agreement we were unable to come to in the summer.

JibJab

Mo Mane Mo' Problems
Our decision to walk away never had anything to do with his quality as a player. I doubt we come back in unless Lyon reduces their fee significantly.

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
Doubt we will,seems it had all to do with the injury issue,certainly little to do with his ability as a player,he is a class act.
Although Lyon's antics may have had a bit to do with it.
Time will tell!

Noo Noo

Unless his medical situation improves I think it will still be a no go.
I agree. If the stories of medical problems are true then this is just not going to happen.

I honestly cant see any purchases this January either to be honest.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
I agree. If the stories of medical problems are true then this is just not going to happen.

I wouldn't say never. Whether or not we tried renegotiation, it's hard to believe that our top target for last summer would not still be considered if the price was much lower or flexibly arranged to account for the additional risk of that injury.

Noo Noo

I wouldn't say never. Whether or not we tried renegotiation, it's hard to believe that our top target for last summer would not still be considered if the price was much lower or flexibly arranged to account for the additional risk of that injury.
yeah never say never but I just think the reality is that the knee issue is what it is and it stops there.

I guess its a bit like finding your dream car but when you go and look at it there's a bucket load of rust underneath. Everything looks fantastic above but you just know that rust will bite one day. You walk away despite it hurting

Limiescouse

His medical situation will not change (at least not for the better). Our concerns are not the sort that will be minimized by 6 months or even 12 months injury free football.

Status
Not open for further replies.