Nabil Fekir (AM/ST) Lyon

What will Nabil be leaning on?

• The executive wall. With the Shankly quote. In a suit.

• A giant pile of knee scans

• Aulas' ego

• A crutch or walking stick

• A television playing the leaked video of himself

• The contract table of course

• Fabinho, Naby, Shaqiri, and Alisson arranged in a pile

• His World Cup medal

• A gibbering Dejan Lovren, looking sullenly at said World Cup medal

• Michael Edwards' laptop, which has gained sentience and rules us all

• Leans are so 2017 - it's all about the posed screaming and badge grabbing

• Red wall, looking like a moody, hard bastard.

Results are only viewable after voting.

redfanman

TIA Regular
yes I believe so but the deal needed to be restructured and couldn't. There may have also been an insurance issue.
Did it? We have no strong indication that a restructuring would have helped. Aulas and Fekir were quite public they were willing to compromise to get a deal done and there was still no suggestion from anyone half reliable that we had gone back in to negotiate on a restructuring.

Noo Noo

Did it? We have no strong indication that a restructuring would have helped. Aulas and Fekir were quite public they were willing to compromise to get a deal done and there was still no suggestion from anyone half reliable that we had gone back in to negotiate on a restructuring.
Yes you're right. It may have been an option but we may have just simply walked away from it.

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Remember chatting to some Rangers fans a few years back about the different Aussies that played for them, when I mentioned Muscat they looked at each other laughing then I turned to me and said 'Jeez he was a dirty bastard!'

It struck me how bad you must be for Rangers fans to consider you a dirty bastard.
Sergio f*****g Ramos says hi.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad.
I tend to agree with ZB. I 100% believe we've dropped our interest for good due to the knee issue and we are probably evaluating our next signing.As good as this lad is it's seems it's only a matter of time before his knee breaks down, shame, but life goes on. More opportunity for young Curtis to make his mark now so it could be a blessing in disguise.

We have our little Powercube anyway :J

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"

GaryBarlow99

Not true, check his playing stats and it will show you otherwise. Theo Walcott on the other hand....
Three knee injuries before we signed him (one which kept him out for almost 4 months) and a number of other injuries keeping him out for around a month at a time.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/alex-oxlade-chamberlain/verletzungen/spieler/143424

I love AOC mate but we knew he was injury prone when we bought him.

With regards to Lallana we gave him a contract extension in February 2017 and he had a few periods out with muscle injuries and knee injuries before we offered him the new contract.

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
Really seeing Klopp’s influence in our transfer. If he’s here back then Lallana and Ings wouldn’t have been bought. We probably won’t see Sturridge too.

Klopp at the time of his appointment singled out Danny Ings as one of the guys he wanted to work with. I believe it's about trusting the medical professionals and deciding to take a calculated risks.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Could it just possibly be that it is not about the injury per se but the operation and post-operative prognosis in Fekir’s case? Posters on here are getting their knickers in a twist without being in possession of the facts. Pointless!
That’s been suggested by a few people. Liverpool weren’t happy with the technique used to repair the ligament and believe there is a high likelihood the knee will go again in a couple of year.

The intensity Klopp demands from players is undoubtedly a factor as well.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Klopp at the time of his appointment singled out Danny Ings as one of the guys he wanted to work with. I believe it's about trusting the medical professionals and deciding to take a calculated risks.
Danny Ings was signed under Rodgers watch. Unless Klopp started to tell us who to sign 3 months prior to his arrival, I'd say Ings in no way part of Klopp's signing.

Limiescouse

Could it just possibly be that it is not about the injury per se but the operation and post-operative prognosis in Fekir’s case? Posters on here are getting their knickers in a twist without being in possession of the facts. Pointless!
His injury was public record. The idea we walked away because he had experienced an injury makes no sense as this was already known prior to conducting the medical. So what you say is not just a possibility, it is the only explanation for why we would walk away after a medical. I think many people are really stretching over what we might have seen that we didnt like, but ultimately that doesnt matter. You do a medical so you check to see how the healing has progressed. I find it strange how many people find this situation confusing when the outcome was the result of the very purpose of conducting the medical.

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
Danny Ings was signed under Rodgers watch. Unless Klopp started to tell us who to sign 3 months prior to his arrival, I'd say Ings in no way part of Klopp's signing.
Not denying that Ings came in the Rodgers era. But Danny Ings, Gomez etc were singled out for praise by Klopp when he later joined.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Not denying that Ings came in the Rodgers era. But Danny Ings, Gomez etc were singled out for praise by Klopp when he later joined.
Have you ever seen or read or heard Klopp slagging off any players in public? All positive comments to the people in Liverpool and even players of other teams unless they play dirty and try to hurt our players.

You guys made it sound like you’ve just met this German fella.

charleslee89

TIA New Signing
AOC's longest injury spell was about 140 odd days in his early days with an knee injury. Since then, the injury didn't re-occur and the number of days he was out was shorter by comparision but quite frequent. This made the risk more acceptable since his last big injury was many years back.

Fekir's big injury took him out for nearly 200 odd days and he just recovered 2 years ago compared to AOC's 4 years ago for that big injury..

SBYM

I'm just living the dream
Soz for being lazy, but does anyone in here know if Nabil had LARS surgery to replace his ACL?

Can't help but feel we've missed a trick.

But, I've also thought that a few times under Klopp's leadership and it's worked out.

I refuse to believe it was just luck that saw things work out.

If his knee is partially fucked and we didn't want to take a chance - fair enough. We only need to get to January anyway, if we feel we're missing something, I'm sure we'll go back for him or (likely) look elsewhere.

GaryBarlow99

Can't help but feel we've missed a trick.

But, I've also thought that a few times under Klopp's leadership and it's worked out.

I refuse to believe it was just luck that saw things work out.

If his knee is partially fucked and we didn't want to take a chance - fair enough. We only need to get to January anyway, if we feel we're missing something, I'm sure we'll go back for him or (likely) look elsewhere.
Feel the same mate but I think we were a bit unlucky as talk was that Lanzini was second choice but he got injured. The other choice was Pulisic but Klopp wanted him to develop at Dortmund for another season and he didn't feel he was worth the £60m that he would have cost.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Do we really need Fekir?

Whilst it was said that Shaqiri wasn't a Fekir replacement he looks to be able to operate in a very similar way on the evidence of what we've seen so far. Sturridge, too, isn't a million miles off.

To my mind it makes little sense to gamble on a player like this given the question marks over his knee and what I've mentioned above. It'd make more sense to me to sign a quick, versatile forward (Pulisic or someone better).

soberphobia

Do we really need Fekir?

Whilst it was said that Shaqiri wasn't a Fekir replacement he looks to be able to operate in a very similar way on the evidence of what we've seen so far. Sturridge, too, isn't a million miles off.

To my mind it makes little sense to gamble on a player like this given the question marks over his knee and what I've mentioned above. It'd make more sense to me to sign a quick, versatile forward (Pulisic or someone better).
It makes perfect sense to sign him. We went into the window with him as a priority as we needed a genuine number 10 but also someone who could deputise for Firmino and he seemed the perfect fit. Not my money I just want to see us win. I have faith in Mr Klopp so if we pulled out of the deal for whatever reason we have to believe it is a good one.

As a side note the not signing an alternative is something we have seen from Klopp on and on. I know we got Shaqiri but no doubt we would of signed him in any case regardless of the Fekir deal. Klopp goes for who he wants and is prepared to wait. He doesn't do the whole I will sign the backup option like most managers. Fair play.

Perhaps it is why the owners back him in when he really wants someone because they know he isn't a whiner constantly asking for more money when he wasted some previously. His transfer record throughout his career really is exceptional.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
It makes perfect sense to sign him. We went into the window with him as a priority as we needed a genuine number 10 but also someone who could deputise for Firmino and he seemed the perfect fit.
Yes, it made perfect sense to sign him. Does it now?

I would say no.

soberphobia

Yes, it made perfect sense to sign him. Does it now?

I would say no.
I would say yes so we can agree to disagree. truth be told I wasn't privy to the medical report so I am not armed with all the facts. I know that if we had signed him we would look a stronger squad than we are.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
I would say yes so we can agree to disagree. truth be told I wasn't privy to the medical report so I am not armed with all the facts. I know that if we had signed him we would look a stronger squad than we are.
Obviously, but he's not the only player available.