Nabil Fekir (AM/ST) Lyon

What will Nabil be leaning on?

• The executive wall. With the Shankly quote. In a suit.

• A giant pile of knee scans

• Aulas' ego

• A crutch or walking stick

• A television playing the leaked video of himself

• The contract table of course

• Fabinho, Naby, Shaqiri, and Alisson arranged in a pile

• His World Cup medal

• A gibbering Dejan Lovren, looking sullenly at said World Cup medal

• Michael Edwards' laptop, which has gained sentience and rules us all

• Leans are so 2017 - it's all about the posed screaming and badge grabbing

• Red wall, looking like a moody, hard bastard.

Results are only viewable after voting.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Meh. If we go back to Lyon, I’d prefer it to be for Aouar.
You know how we work right? We were in for Lemar in Jan, talked about us going to buy him for £90m after selling Coutinho. Come summer we went for Fabinho without anyone noticing it. Out of the blue.... so not to worry, we still be talking up about this Fekr fella, but when summer arrives, we will surprise everyone.

GaryBarlow99

Liverpool news: Lyon president reveals truth about Nabil Fekir transfer KO
LYON president Jean-Michel Aulas has revealed he pulled the plug on Nabil Fekir’s potential move to Liverpool.

By Alex Harris / Published 10th December 2018

Fekir was on the brink of heading to Anfield before the World Cup but the transfer spectacularly collapsed at the 11th hour.
The truth behind the France international playmaker’s failed switch has since been the subject of speculation.
And Aulas has revealed a “change of heart” from Liverpool convinced him to axe talks.

“At the final moment, the three parties did not find an agreement, but not just Liverpool and Lyon, who had had an agreement,” he said.

“There was a change of heart from Liverpool’s point of view, as we were in a tight situation in that Nabil was about to go to the World Cup, we decided to finish (talks).
“Nabil at the time was OK with all of that.”
It has been suggested a that a long-term knee issue flagged up during the medical process put Liverpool off completing the deal.
And Aulas said: “I think it was one of the arguments that was used on the Liverpool side, but personally I do not think it was the real reason.”

Fekir has 18 months left on his contract and Lyon are running out of time to secure an extension.
Aulas is hell-bent on securing the 25-year-old’s future and has a deal ready for him to sign.
“It is ongoing, it is on my desk,” the Lyon bigwig told RMC show Breaking Sport.
“We are going to make it so that he is aware of it soon, with complete transparency.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/f...kir-Lyon-President-Transfer-KO-Rumours-Gossip

Kopstar

★★★★★
Liverpool news: Lyon president reveals truth about Nabil Fekir transfer KO
LYON president Jean-Michel Aulas has revealed he pulled the plug on Nabil Fekir’s potential move to Liverpool.

By Alex Harris / Published 10th December 2018

Fekir was on the brink of heading to Anfield before the World Cup but the transfer spectacularly collapsed at the 11th hour.
The truth behind the France international playmaker’s failed switch has since been the subject of speculation.
And Aulas has revealed a “change of heart” from Liverpool convinced him to axe talks.

“At the final moment, the three parties did not find an agreement, but not just Liverpool and Lyon, who had had an agreement,” he said.

“There was a change of heart from Liverpool’s point of view, as we were in a tight situation in that Nabil was about to go to the World Cup, we decided to finish (talks).
“Nabil at the time was OK with all of that.”
It has been suggested a that a long-term knee issue flagged up during the medical process put Liverpool off completing the deal.
And Aulas said: “I think it was one of the arguments that was used on the Liverpool side, but personally I do not think it was the real reason.”

Fekir has 18 months left on his contract and Lyon are running out of time to secure an extension.
Aulas is hell-bent on securing the 25-year-old’s future and has a deal ready for him to sign.
“It is ongoing, it is on my desk,” the Lyon bigwig told RMC show Breaking Sport.
“We are going to make it so that he is aware of it soon, with complete transparency.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/f...kir-Lyon-President-Transfer-KO-Rumours-Gossip
lol

Liverpool said that they were no longer interested so I said, "right, that's it, you can't have him!"

Limiescouse

Doubt Fekir was 'OK' the move fell through and probably still fancies the move to us,this twat Aulas is worse than a politician with his one sided horseshit but for me Fekir is more likely to be here than staying where he is,definitely not staying there so Aulas is just talking bollocks.
The thing is, Fekir at 35 million all of a sudden makes a lot more sense

Do you ever feel like sometimes you're just p***ing into the wind when telling people the reasons he wasn't signed back in the summer!? We'll still be linked to him after he's medically retired and driving his mobility scooter down the bookies in his slippers.
Yeah, but what a left foot! Could open a tin of peaches with that!

On a more serious note, put me down for Aouar if we are going to Lyon. The Fekir ship has sailed. If we sign him it will be for a low, low fee in relation to his talent, because of the underlying knee issue. And since we are already trying to rebuild one attacking midfielder, Ox, who’s knee exploded; I can’t imagine we’d have the stomach to invite another such scenario. At least not for very much money.

Foldy

Yeah, but what a left foot! Could open a tin of peaches with that!

On a more serious note, put me down for Aouar if we are going to Lyon. The Fekir ship has sailed. If we sign him it will be for a low, low fee in relation to his talent, because of the underlying knee issue. And since we are already trying to rebuild one attacking midfielder, Ox, who’s knee exploded; I can’t imagine we’d have the stomach to invite another such scenario. At least not for very much money.
He's not been on fire at Lyon either, only 2 goals so far this season. Which ok isn't terrible but need to see how he fares this season and maybe if the knee situation is solvable (no idea if than kind of problem can be fixed) have a look at him next summer, but like you say at a much reduced price.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
He's not been on fire at Lyon either, only 2 goals so far this season. Which ok isn't terrible but need to see how he fares this season and maybe if the knee situation is solvable (no idea if than kind of problem can be fixed) have a look at him next summer, but like you say at a much reduced price.
4 goals 4 assists in 900 odd minutes of football is still pretty good, involved in a goal every 115 minutes or so. He does look like he's missed some games through injury this season though which would be a concern.

Only seen him play once this season and he was terrific at the Etihad, tore City apart. Based on that performance alone it was obvious how why we wanted him.

Foldy

4 goals 4 assists in 900 odd minutes of football is still pretty good, involved in a goal every 115 minutes or so. He does look like he's missed some games through injury this season though which would be a concern.

Only seen him play once this season and he was terrific at the Etihad, tore City apart. Based on that performance alone it was obvious how why we wanted him.
What was the injury? Was it the knee or unrelated?