Nabil Fekir (AM/ST) Lyon

What will Nabil be leaning on?

• The executive wall. With the Shankly quote. In a suit.

• A giant pile of knee scans

• Aulas' ego

• A crutch or walking stick

• A television playing the leaked video of himself

• The contract table of course

• Fabinho, Naby, Shaqiri, and Alisson arranged in a pile

• His World Cup medal

• A gibbering Dejan Lovren, looking sullenly at said World Cup medal

• Michael Edwards' laptop, which has gained sentience and rules us all

• Leans are so 2017 - it's all about the posed screaming and badge grabbing

• Red wall, looking like a moody, hard bastard.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwiredman

This is my serious face
Are these rumours of links to competitors being put out there to create a bidding war because we are actually going back in for him? I have written it off completely yet.

C

Caradoc

One of the issues with somebody like Fekir is managing his post-recovery. I would have thought that LFC would be perfect for this. There would be plenty of opportunity for the lad to be rested with the squad we have. This deal may be ‘dead’ but I would love to see the boulder rolled away and this deal come back to life. If we signed Fekir we would be on another level squad wise.

GaryBarlow99

Are these rumours of links to competitors being put out there to create a bidding war because we are actually going back in for him? I have written it off completely yet.
I think he still wants us hence not signing a new contract and regular stories stating he has been "offered" to Real Madrid, Chelsea, etc. As I have been saying for a while the whole thing is just weird!

T.C.B

Chelsea are looking at replacing Hazard hence the interest in Fekir and Pulisic. Klopp wanted both in the past, made a bid on Pulisic, spoke publically how he rated him, made a huge offer on Fekir which went as far as him posing in club gear before the medical issues so we know Liverpool rate both.
In the meantime Shaquiri has blown his critics away arguably becoming 1st choice when most saw him as a squad player. Young Wilson has to figure in the mix and Ox is also a Klopp favourite. My point is that we are sorted for attacking midfield players next season and Lallana provides an option until the summer.
Maybe Klopp sees it differently and he might take the option of a quality upgrade but while City, UTD, Spurs and Arsenal might panic buy in January I think we keep our powder dry until June and then reassess the situation.
Injury to a key player might force a change however.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Chelsea are looking at replacing Hazard hence the interest in Fekir and Pulisic. Klopp wanted both in the past, made a bid on Pulisic, spoke publically how he rated him, made a huge offer on Fekir which went as far as him posing in club gear before the medical issues so we know Liverpool rate both.
In the meantime Shaquiri has blown his critics away arguably becoming 1st choice when most saw him as a squad player. Young Wilson has to figure in the mix and Ox is also a Klopp favourite. My point is that we are sorted for attacking midfield players next season and Lallana provides an option until the summer.
Maybe Klopp sees it differently and he might take the option of a quality upgrade but while City, UTD, Spurs and Arsenal might panic buy in January I think we keep our powder dry until June and then reassess the situation.
I agree with most but I'm not convinced we will keep our powder dry. I suspect the plan is to move Origi and Markovic on and loan out Solanke. I also think we are so defensively stable that we are gravitating from 3 midfielders (one attacking) and 3 forwards to 2 midfielders and 4 forwards. So we were coping with a decent midfield with a few questions over the most attacking role and Shaqiri and Sturridge offering cover to a front 3. In emergencies we also had Origi and Solanke. Now we are looking at an overflowing midfield two of which (Keita and Lallana, possibly Milner too at a push) can "do a job" in the front 4 but aren't ideal. Then we have a front 4 of Shaqiri, Salah, Mane and Firmino. As a back up we have Sturridge, 2 players yet to return from injury (Ox and Brewster), midfielders "doing a job" and players we no longer want around and will probably leave soon. It's not ideal as far as strength in depth goes and certainly nowhere near the options we have in defence and centre mid. I could definitely see at least one 0payer coming in this window or next to rectify this even if only Wilson coming back from loan. One thing is for sure though in my opinion. Anyone who comes in this winter was planned to for a long time and won't be the result of an injury or departure of a squad player. It might come across that way. But only because Klopp and the club keep their cards close to their chests and don't let anyone know what's going on. Nobody knew about Fabinho till just before it happened and that was being arranged for a whole year.

T.C.B

I agree with most but I'm not convinced we will keep our powder dry. I suspect the plan is to move Origi and Markovic on and loan out Solanke. I also think we are so defensively stable that we are gravitating from 3 midfielders (one attacking) and 3 forwards to 2 midfielders and 4 forwards. So we were coping with a decent midfield with a few questions over the most attacking role and Shaqiri and Sturridge offering cover to a front 3. In emergencies we also had Origi and Solanke. Now we are looking at an overflowing midfield two of which (Keita and Lallana, possibly Milner too at a push) can "do a job" in the front 4 but aren't ideal. Then we have a front 4 of Shaqiri, Salah, Mane and Firmino. As a back up we have Sturridge, 2 players yet to return from injury (Ox and Brewster), midfielders "doing a job" and players we no longer want around and will probably leave soon. It's not ideal as far as strength in depth goes and certainly nowhere near the options we have in defence and centre mid. I could definitely see at least one 0payer coming in this window or next to rectify this even if only Wilson coming back from loan. One thing is for sure though in my opinion. Anyone who comes in this winter was planned to for a long time and won't be the result of an injury or departure of a squad player. It might come across that way. But only because Klopp and the club keep their cards close to their chests and don't let anyone know what's going on. Nobody knew about Fabinho till just before it happened and that was being arranged for a whole year.
Yeah you could be right. Solanke will be loaned for sure I think and the same for Markovic if anyone can be bothered to take him. I think we keep Origi until the summer unless a big offer comes in which could see him sold meaning your theory of a planned signing coming in correct mate.
Moreno is likely a gonner if an offer materialises but he's hardly a loss really. Clyne and Milner can fill in at left full anyway.
I think you are on track with "long term" plans rather that short term measures too which is refreshing to see.

Kopstar

★★★★★
Wilson coming back from being on loan in January wouldn't help us as we'd have to loan him out again elsewhere. Things are going brilliantly for him at Derby so I wouldn't change it.

big noyd

doubt we go back for him, sadly

don't doubt for one moment that they'll heat it back up for the january window and i'll be feverishly scouring twitter in spite of myself

JustHitMyHead

TIA Reserve Team
doubt we go back for him, sadly

don't doubt for one moment that they'll heat it back up for the january window and i'll be feverishly scouring twitter in spite of myself
I think, situationally, if Fekir is the best person available and the deal is doable... that now... given we are in first, we do the deal to avoid messing up if one of our front 3 gets injured.

That could be one reason for going back in for him.

big noyd

all for it, personally. nominally slot him in behind bob in the 4 2 3 1, and you'd have a ton of interchange between those two & mo, plus 5 extremely dangerous players to rotate at 4 spots

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Yeah you could be right. Solanke will be loaned for sure I think and the same for Markovic if anyone can be bothered to take him. I think we keep Origi until the summer unless a big offer comes in which could see him sold meaning your theory of a planned signing coming in correct mate.
Moreno is likely a gonner if an offer materialises but he's hardly a loss really. Clyne and Milner can fill in at left full anyway.
I think you are on track with "long term" plans rather that short term measures too which is refreshing to see.
I agree with selling Markovic and Moreno and loaning Solanke it the right club puts in an offer.

Personally though, I'd keep Origi purely for his Everton goals.

C

Caradoc

The more I think about this the more I come to the conclusion that we should go back in for this lad and get the deal done.

Edit: may as well sign Mendy at the same time.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Wilson coming back from being on loan in January wouldn't help us as we'd have to loan him out again elsewhere. Things are going brilliantly for him at Derby so I wouldn't change it.
Why would we have to loan him out again? He's a free option on both domestic and European rules isn't he? And Lampard seemed sure us calling Wilson back to Liverpool in Jan was an option. I suspect he could have a similar impact as Shaqiri had.

Limiescouse

Why would we have to loan him out again? He's a free option on both domestic and European rules isn't he? And Lampard seemed sure us calling Wilson back to Liverpool in Jan was an option. I suspect he could have a similar impact as Shaqiri had.
You cannot use a player you have committed to loaning for the season (I am sure there are caveats and exceptions). We may have the right to break his loan at Derby, but that is inserted into the deal to protect us from a Woodburn type situation. It would not allow him to then come back and play for the first team.

Anfield rd Dreamer

You cannot use a player you have committed to loaning for the season (I am sure there are caveats and exceptions). We may have the right to break his loan at Derby, but that is inserted into the deal to protect us from a Woodburn type situation. It would not allow him to then come back and play for the first team.
But I'm confused why Lampard thinks it can happen then? Surely he'd know and would have dismissed it out of hand if it wasn't possible?

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
I take it there’s some kind of rule stopping you from recalling a player and playing him......

What’s the theory behind that?.....is it purely to stop us loaning out Salah to whoever citeh play after us then recalling him?

If that’s the case, surely it’s a very cumbersome way of trying to negate such a situation, and could easily be handled differently by way of first team games played etc etc etc....

Kopstar

★★★★★
But I'm confused why Lampard thinks it can happen then? Surely he'd know and would have dismissed it out of hand if it wasn't possible?
Us recalling Wilson *is* possible (providing we have a recall option). The fact that we'd only then be able to loan the lad again is irrelevant to Derby.

I take it there’s some kind of rule stopping you from recalling a player and playing him......

What’s the theory behind that?.....is it purely to stop us loaning out Salah to whoever citeh play after us then recalling him?

If that’s the case, surely it’s a very cumbersome way of trying to negate such a situation, and could easily be handled differently by way of first team games played etc etc etc....
I think it's to give greater stability to the player being loaned and the club taking them. Presumably the thinking is that it's more likely to assist the player's development and the parent club is likely to think more carefully about whether a loan is the right option and, if so, which club is the best fit.

Short term loans of the sort you describe with regards to Salah were already impossible. The previous minimum for senior players was between two transfer windows.

Five Times

TIA New Signing
I’d be surprised if Jurgen will bring anyone to go directly in to our starting 11 in this window. The team dynamic is well balanced and has that siege mentality feeling from the Benitez/Rodgers title challenges. The summer window will be massive in our long term plans especially if we actually...well you know I’m not saying

Anfield rd Dreamer

Us recalling Wilson *is* possible (providing we have a recall option). The fact that we'd only then be able to loan the lad again is irrelevant to Derby.

I think it's to give greater stability to the player being loaned and the club taking them. Presumably the thinking is that it's more likely to assist the player's development and the parent club is likely to think more carefully about whether a loan is the right option and, if so, which club is the best fit.

Short term loans of the sort you describe with regards to Salah were already impossible. The previous minimum for senior players was between two transfer windows.
It's 100% our decision if we want to call him back and it's be to play him if we decide to according to Klopp;

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/330211-jurgen-klopp-liverpool-transfers-harry-wilson

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
As much as I like this lad I think this is dead in the water.
I don’t see anyone coming in Jan.

Kopstar

★★★★★
Really not sure what the Wilson loan deal with Derby has to do with Nabil Fekir.
I tthink it started here

It's relevant to what options are available to Klopp in January. If he can't use Wilson it probably makes signing reinforcements (such as Fekir) more likely, don't you think?

Or do you think signings happen or not regardless of any context?

Limiescouse

It's 100% our decision if we want to call him back and it's be to play him if we decide to according to Klopp;

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/330211-jurgen-klopp-liverpool-transfers-harry-wilson
Interesting. The PL Handbook says you need special approval to get a player registered if you bring them back early from a season long loan,but it doesnt say what the requirements are. Presumably we have determined we would get it in this case.

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
I tthink it started here

It's relevant to what options are available to Klopp in January. If he can't use Wilson it probably makes signing reinforcements (such as Fekir) more likely, don't you think?

Or do you think signings happen or not regardless of any context?
I think Klopp only goes into the market for;

A) We get an injury to our front 3
B) A player we want in the summer is attainable (buy now comes in summer etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.