• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Nabil Fekir (AM/ST) Lyon

What will Fekir be leaning on?

• The Wall of Champions, pointing at the newly installed 6

• A giant screen playing the leaked video from last year which we'll use for VAR

• The railing at Melwood, looking forlornly at it cos he knackered his knee again

• A bog standard table, with a bog standard pen, and a sheet of random paper

• A furious Man City fan demanding to know why THEY aren't in the picture as champions

• Big Virg, because fucking anyone can lean on him

• An enormous pile of cash that Mick Edwards saved us

• The crushed spirit of James Pearce

• His mum, because he's not fucking coming

Results are only viewable after voting.

GaryBarlow99

It's basically the Solanke money plus a third of the Ings fee if £25m is what we want to pay. We really should do it at that price. Manage him properly and hopefully we get a few seasons out of him.

lightdrizzle

TIA Reserve Team
I asked a couple days back if we had any interest in him, as I was quoted that he was available for as little as £18m, then the following day in the Echo said we have no interest in him anymore, and Klopp is looking to strengthen in other areas.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
Has this been reopened or was it never closed?
The thread was closed.

There was very low traffic on the TIA forums in the last few days so one of the mods (he is also a ITK on this Twitter thing) started a rumor of our interest in the player. The other mod re-opened the thread and here we are with post #4009

Red over the water

If we sign Fekir I think we still need another, preferably a fast winger. If Fekir comes, the winger can be more of a project than a finished article, say someone like Chuckwueze. Fast as, tricky dribbler, still a bit raw and needs to work on his finishing, but he could have a very high ceiling under Klopp.

Edit:
And there’s another tweet saying we’re not in for Fekir!
Gotta love silly season!

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
I’m ready to get hurt again.
I just like the cut of this guy's jib.

Get him in.
He looks to be a never-say-die sort of player who works his socks off, al la Liverpool style. If his club aren't asking for silly money, then I think we should take a punt and get him in.
All of this. I am ready to have my heart broken again. I believe he'd be an excellent addition to the side, and exactly the skill set we could use. I posted this thought last summer, I love Fekir's work rate and swagger. He won't be out-worked or pushed around, him playing in the same line-up with Fab could be a lot of fun.

I realize his production numbers were down this season but he's not any less creative or less of a player than he was before. I don't follow OL (as a club) as closely as some others but from what I understand there was a lot of internal strife with the eventual sacking of the manager.