• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Nabil Fekir (AM/ST) Lyon

What will Fekir be leaning on?

• The Wall of Champions, pointing at the newly installed 6

• A giant screen playing the leaked video from last year which we'll use for VAR

• The railing at Melwood, looking forlornly at it cos he knackered his knee again

• A bog standard table, with a bog standard pen, and a sheet of random paper

• A furious Man City fan demanding to know why THEY aren't in the picture as champions

• Big Virg, because fucking anyone can lean on him

• An enormous pile of cash that Mick Edwards saved us

• The crushed spirit of James Pearce

• His mum, because he's not fucking coming

Results are only viewable after voting.

KMD1951

BBC Football Gossip reporting that Fekir has been offered to Arsenal for £30m. If that’s true then I think he’s someone we should take another look at. At that price he doesn’t have to be fit to play two games a week. Having him available for 30 games of the season would be a boost to our squad at a price that is relatively cheap in today’s market.

William Clarke

REDSHIRT ~ the big dog's doodahs
BBC Football Gossip reporting that Fekir has been offered to Arsenal for £30m. If that’s true then I think he’s someone we should take another look at. At that price he doesn’t have to be fit to play two games a week. Having him available for 30 games of the season would be a boost to our squad at a price that is relatively cheap in today’s market.
If the transfer fee you mentioned is correct, then I definitely think he's worth a punt at that price.

Dave-D

Depends on how bad his knee is. If the medical team who did all the test think he’s a ticking time bomb I doubt Liverpool would touch him even on a free.

The fact nobody else has went anywhere near him seems to show there’s something very wrong with him.

Limiescouse

Fekir has never been an obvious star or player for this level. There has long been talk about him, but its not immediately apparent why - He doesnt score that many, he's not quick and he's not imposing. He is in many ways the opposite of someone like Aubamayang. 1 scores goals but you watch him carefully you might see that there are things youd need him to do that he doesnt. The other doesn't have the stats, yet does many of the right things.

We know that we often identify players differently than other clubs. Therefore, given the above, it isnt unreasonable to think that most other clubs that would be a step up from Lyon simply dont see in him what we saw. Some might be willing to jump on our scouting train and pick up the scraps, but even at a discount 30 million is a fair wack for such an opportunistic approach.

Last edited:

Keeno

TIA New Signing
Fekir has never been an obvious star or player for this level. There has long been talk about him, but its not immediately apparent why - He doesnt score that many, he's not quick and he's not imposing. He is in many ways the opposite of someone like Aubamayang. 1 scores goals but you watch him carefully you might see that there are things youd need him to do that he doesnt. The other doesn't have the stats, yet does many of the right things.

We know that we often identify players differently than other clubs. Therefore, given the above, it isnt unreasonable to think that most other clubs that would be a step up from Lyon simply dont see in him what we saw. Some might be willing to jump on our scouting train and pick up the scraps, but even at a discount 30 million is a fair wack for such an opportunistic approach.
Most would have said the same about Salah. Trust Klopp.

Kazemagicsg

The best is yet to come ⚽ 6 times cl wins
Maybe some clubs would sign him because we went for him last year. Following our methods

Flobs

FADA
"Arsenal to steal Liverpool's transfer target Nabil Fekir." is the latest rumor :-)
I'll have a melt down if that goes through and he turns out a gem. So sitting here hoping this is poop or if it does go through Fékir is poop. :-)

Limiescouse

Honestly, I can see it happening. Auba scored a bunch last year, albeit aided by pens, but it often felt they were a better team when he wasnt playing. If they raise big money by selling him, and bringing in Fekir for 1/3 of the price for him to rekindle his relationship with Lacazette, it could be a net benefit.

ubermick

Willing to drive Lovren to the airport
Admin
I'll have a melt down if that goes through and he turns out a gem. So sitting here hoping this is poop or if it does go through Fékir is poop. :-)
Chances are at that point it'll be a bit like Mkhitaryan, when everyone was furious that United got him. And, well, the rest is rather uneventful history...

Flobs

FADA
Chances are at that point it'll be a bit like Mkhitaryan, when everyone was furious that United got him. And, well, the rest is rather uneventful history...
I didn't rate Mkhitaryan but I rate Fékir, despite his less productive last season. So that might make a difference. Even so if it goes through I hope your correct. :-)

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts...
Admin

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
At least, Lallana doesn't command a monumental transfer fee. If we pay Lyons £30m and he then turns out to be another Lallana, it will be an expensive error. That's why the club won't come back for Fekir. That train is long gone.
I know what you mean but every time I see Lallana in the team/squad my heart sinks.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Perhaps the difference between Lallana and Fekir fitness wise is that a medical assessment hasn’t revealed Lalla’s knee is about to pop?

Pointing to how much each has played over the last year is redundant, if the reason for swerving Fekir is something in his future, rather than his past.

GaryBarlow99

I know we didn't know his knee would pop but we spent a significant sum on AOC who was very injury prone and now we are going to give him a years extension for the season he missed. It's fucking weird!

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Ad-free Member
I know we didn't know his knee would pop but we spent a significant sum on AOC who was very injury prone and now we are going to give him a years extension for the season he missed. It's fucking weird!
It becomes a bit different once they're your player. You're invested in more ways than one.

AOC had had a few soft tissue injuries and one MCL (that he had recovered from) but there was nothing really out of the ordinary for a player who's young and explosive. Fekir had had one major injury (Cruciate Ligament Rupture) - the similar injury that AOC suffered last year. The difference here being that LFC were wholly responsible for the treatment of that injury and there were rumours that the way Fekir's injury was dealt with caused LFC concern about its long-term viability.

If the club are confident that AOC will be able to fully recover why not offer him the year's extension? It maintains his value and is a reward for a player's attitude - something that rubs off on other members of the squad and is invaluable. Particularly as it served as an excellent example and support to Brewster.

Now, if the club had offered Sturridge an extension or were to offer one for Lallana then I'd also be describing that as weird!

Flobs

FADA
Perhaps the difference between Lallana and Fekir fitness wise is that a medical assessment hasn’t revealed Lalla’s knee is about to pop?

Pointing to how much each has played over the last year is redundant, if the reason for swerving Fekir is something in his future, rather than his past.
The predictions have to be based on the past, unless you have a crystal ball.
When Lallana's knee pops we we look back knowingly and say yes we knew that was coming due to him doing so many Cryuff turns.

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
Seems to have received offers from china but he's not interested.

Also don't think arsenal are that interested in him despite the media reports, they might see him as an alternate to zaha though.

But either way, despite the talent of the player , might we'll be a bullet dodged

Zinedine Biscan

Kylian me softly...
Ad-free Member
Seems to have received offers from china but he's not interested.

Also don't think arsenal are that interested in him despite the media reports, they might see him as an alternate to zaha though.

But either way, despite the talent of the player , might we'll be a bullet dodged
Last year I really felt like we'd missed out. Now, seeing Lyon desperate to offload him somewhere, anywhere and no-one biting even at half the price we were looking at paying... not so much. It feels like there must be a reason he's generating zero interest and we were probably right to not get involved last summer or this.