Nabil Fekir (AM/ST) Lyon

What will Fekir be leaning on?

• The Wall of Champions, pointing at the newly installed 6

• A giant screen playing the leaked video from last year which we'll use for VAR

• The railing at Melwood, looking forlornly at it cos he knackered his knee again

• A bog standard table, with a bog standard pen, and a sheet of random paper

• A furious Man City fan demanding to know why THEY aren't in the picture as champions

• Big Virg, because fucking anyone can lean on him

• An enormous pile of cash that Mick Edwards saved us

• The crushed spirit of James Pearce

• His mum, because he's not fucking coming

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
"Barcelona is a club he really likes".

At least he seems to be upfront about it from the start.
Who doesn't. Not everyone can end up there, but if they do, we do our business right (no clause was key with Coutinho, hope we manage to do more of these deals with Salah and the likes) and get the right money.

If we do get Fekir, maybe Klopp wants more technical stuff between the lines (covering anywhere from #10 if we play with one, false #9, Mane's "more deeper than Salah" role, etc.), though he's also a powerful player with good balance and obviously provides with numbers on a regular basis when he's fit. Lemar would've been not too dissimilar, another player with a nice combination of technique and physicality.

Cologne-Liverpool

Who doesn't. Not everyone can end up there, but if they do, we do our business right (no clause was key with Coutinho, hope we manage to do more of these deals with Salah and the likes) and get the right money.

If we do get Fekir, maybe Klopp wants more technical stuff between the lines (covering anywhere from #10 if we play with one, false #9, Mane's "more deeper than Salah" role, etc.), though he's also a powerful player with good balance and obviously provides with numbers on a regular basis when he's fit. Lemar would've been not too dissimilar, another player with a nice combination of technique and physicality.
Phhh...CL quarter-finalists...I want our targets to be a bit more ambitious...;-)

Nah, sounds cool, you guys already sold me on this one - next.:well done:

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
How's his name pronounced?

Is it the way Father Jack pronounced that word?

nikz200

Fekir, Lemar, Max Meyer, etc. I get the feeling no deal has been done yet, but at least they are lining up the targets ahead of time. Im personally a fan of Lemar and Fekir, both are fantastic players, fekir has a reputation of being a bit of a hot head but i think maybe it might be worth it given his skill set. The fans would love him as well straight away, more so than Lemar who i think with the right development could become so much better.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
There is an article on the TIA main site about Fekir and it says that the transfer window opens on 17 May. I have also seen this date mentioned by the Manchester Evening news but it is wrong. Whilst FIFA say that national associations must allow a transfer window of 12 weeks this is what the FA have (9 June to 31 August). It was the Premier League's decision to curtail that period - they don't get to simply move the entire transfer window that is set by the FA's notification to FIFA. That is a collective agreement by the Premier League.

I've yet to see TIA main site ever get the date of the transfer windows correct. As mentioned previously domestic transfers can happen from midnight this coming Sunday/Monday. Incoming international transfers between 9 June and 9 August (for Premier League).

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Was just about to ask what is the date of the first PL game next season, that weekend of August 11/12th?

Alex

since 2004
Apparently he had a meeting with klopp.
How is that different to tapping up the player?
Honest question

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Honest question
They didn't do it in Blackpool for one..... and he didn't come out saying he didn't want to go anywhere other than Klopp's team. So all good and dandy, bidding war will still go on.

Jayus20

Honest question
Because we've apparently already agreed a £62m fee with Lyon so once that agreement is in place we're allowed to talk to the player officially.

K

Klopptinho

So it'll be an apology statement and we'll have to wait until January to get him.:eh?:
well i went to blackpool last summer and i'm going again this summer to see family memberinos . So there will defo be one klopp version there ! I might have fucked up the VVD transfer last time .. but i ll do better this ! lol lol

K

Klopptinho

Having watched his highlights reel this morning, I can say with some confidence Fekir would immediately become the best free-kick taker in the squad. Looks like he's scored some belters.

Edit: Like this one! :shocked:

wtf was that goalkeeping about ? great strike but that keeper was almost sat in with the supporters ! lol

Jayus20

I wouldn't be surprised if the rumour was true and we've started lining up what we want and deciding immediately,no fucking around and no more low balling with a complete revamp of our tactics and negotiating being done,fucking hope so.
Lets hope so, the smart thing to do would be trying to sort out all our transfers before the World Cup starts as pre season will be shorter than usual so gives our players maximum time to gel. Fekir is a fantastic start, lets hope a CDM, CB and GK will follow suit in the coming weeks and then we can enjoy the summer and not have to worry about who we will/wont sign.

K

Klopptinho

Lets hope so, the smart thing to do would be trying to sort out all our transfers before the World Cup starts as pre season will be shorter than usual so gives our players maximum time to gel. Fekir is a fantastic start, lets hope a CDM, CB and GK will follow suit in the coming weeks and then we can enjoy the summer and not have to worry about who we will/wont sign.
will this be your first transfer window here ? lol good luck with that ! it's chaos . ITKs everywhere . sign 10 and there will still be fights over another 10 lol

scouseheadross

Septical
Its pretty exciting the transfer window opening so much earlier. Makes more sense to close it before the season starts. Roll on May 17th!

Jayus20

will this be your first transfer window here ? lol good luck with that ! it's chaos . ITKs everywhere . sign 10 and there will still be fights over another 10 lol
Oh believe me I know in reality that will never happen but I can dream and hope we've finally changed our ways!:-( Last summer I was on holiday in Lanzarote making my girlfriend memorise the 4 players I wanted us to sign namely Mo Salah, Jonas Hector, Virgil Van Dijk and Naby Keita lol Even on holiday I couldn't let myself get away from it! Spent my most of my day laying round the pool listening to LFC transfer podcasts lol

My hope however is we sign 4 top class players prior to the World Cup (or else she'll be learning the names Nabil Fekir, Benjamin Pavard, Jan Oblak and Jorginho this year!!) and then I don't have to concern myself *too much* with who we will sign or won't sign, or least won't feel as stressed and worried about next season lol

Dimitriy

Almost each move we made (ang got the player :-)) in the last few windows, it had almost an immediate logic, even with Ox (the club knew about Cout)... With Fekir, we get (just about) an end product, a natural leader, who seeks the ball. It will need adjusting with Keita (he will have to stay lower), while not interupting the fluidity and the space of the TRIO, it is a must ! We had that issue with Coutinho and Mane. If we form this balance...with OX and Milner and maybe Lallana (I didnt't forget the captain)...I don't know about you guys, I still feel a player like Ndidi, coukl make us a team, as good as any - whenever, regardless of other arivals !? :wave:

Maria

Champions of Europe VI
I pronounce his name Faykir (phonetically). It means a person who is self-sufficient and only possesses the spiritual need for God. Faqirs are Sufi Muslim ascetics who have taken vows of poverty and worship, renouncing all relations and possessions. They are spiritual mystics.

Tbh, I never heard of this footballer. These ones are coming out of nowhere. It is great though.

cynicaloldgit

Total Member
The correct way to pronounce his name is to split it into two syllables, with the first being pronounced the same as the first syllable of "feather" and the second to rhyme with "ear". "Fea-kear", as it were.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Why so difficult? All this feathery nonsense... here's how you pronounce his name.

He is a noble fack-eir.

We'll call him Naby number two
His is Nabil mate, I think very different meaning to Naby which I assume should be spelt as "Nabi". Nabil is noble, while Nabi is prophet.