• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Nabil Fekir (AM/ST) Lyon

What will Fekir be leaning on?

• The Wall of Champions, pointing at the newly installed 6

• A giant screen playing the leaked video from last year which we'll use for VAR

• The railing at Melwood, looking forlornly at it cos he knackered his knee again

• A bog standard table, with a bog standard pen, and a sheet of random paper

• A furious Man City fan demanding to know why THEY aren't in the picture as champions

• Big Virg, because fucking anyone can lean on him

• An enormous pile of cash that Mick Edwards saved us

• The crushed spirit of James Pearce

• His mum, because he's not fucking coming

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
He will let destiny decide his future,I have a contract until 2020 and has two more games left with Lyon he says :eh?: and we have the possibility to talk whenever I want to leave,clear as fucking mud.
My take is that he primarily wants to play CL footy ideally with Lyon and is hoping they make it, in which case he'll stay there. He's been at Lyon all his career I think, and is now captain, so understandable enough I think.

But it will get interesting if they fail to qualify (as may still happen), as in that instance it's quite possible he'll leave in order to play in the CL somewhere else.

rupzzz

TIA Regular
I can't see him being at Lyon forever because of being made captain and feeling he should be there because of it. After all, Lyon did release him from the youth development programme for not being strong enough. That bond cannot be an unbroken one now imo.

I am beginning to feel like this rumour is a foil for something else in the offing.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
I can't see him being at Lyon forever because of being made captain and feeling he should be there because of it. After all, Lyon did release him from the youth development programme for not being strong enough. That bond cannot be an unbroken one now imo.

I am beginning to feel like this rumour is a foil for something else in the offing.
He might be willing to stay one year. If not he may be waiting to see who qualifies out of us and Chelsea.

Flobs

FADA
My take is that he primarily wants to play CL footy ideally with Lyon and is hoping they make it, in which case he'll stay there. He's been at Lyon all his career I think, and is now captain, so understandable enough I think.

But it will get interesting if they fail to qualify (as may still happen), as in that instance it's quite possible he'll leave in order to play in the CL somewhere else.
It will be interesting if Lyon can afford to keep him. It's clear that he is looking at a contract renewal or move this summer.

red arizona scott

I think Fekir would be an outstanding--depth to the 3 forwards without losing much/any scoring punch, and can likely play the most advanced central midfielder if you want the best squad possible out there. However until it is confirmed by a reputable source, I don't believe it. There are a lot of untruths coming from his club and city.

Flobs

FADA
I think Fekir would be an outstanding--depth to the 3 forwards without losing much/any scoring punch, and can likely play the most advanced central midfielder if you want the best squad possible out there. However until it is confirmed by a reputable source, I don't believe it. There are a lot of untruths coming from his club and city.
No there aren't! :unhappy:

aBitSadAndLonely

I’d love some friends in real life...
I'd be shocked if he came here. No guarantee he starts. There's alot of top clubs he could be guaranteed to play for every week.

Our depth would be incredible if we got him though. Fekir, Lallana and Ox off of the bench. And there's still the gift of Danny Boy!

Speckydodge

TIA Squad Member
I'd be shocked if he came here. No guarantee he starts. There's alot of top clubs he could be guaranteed to play for every week.

Our depth would be incredible if we got him though. Fekir, Lallana and Ox off of the bench. And there's still the gift of Danny Boy!

He'd get as much playing time with us as any other top club. If it's not him we'll be getting someone of similar quality and they're badly needed because we should have incredible depth and options and nobody would be starting on the bench all the time , we'd be able to rotate without a drop in quality which is exactly how it should be.

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member

To be honest, I would not want him if he will only consider a team where he is guaranteed to start. I want players prepared to fight and earn their starting spot as that is the only way to ensure we properly develop squad depth without losing quality when rotating/resting players and also disrupting squad harmony

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
Seen this guy play a few times. He is a good player, certainly better than Wijnaldum, and fitter than Lallana and can. A midfield of Fekir, Henderson, Keita would be very very good.
Add to that Ox,Milner,Wijnaldum and lallana. That would be decent enough for me.

Dimitriy

I like this rumour :). Kopp knows what, and who, the team needs. The rock & roll football we have, will gain a different level. We rearly get quoted so early and do offensively :think:

Dimitriy

I guess they're starting to think he's leaving. That doesn't necessarily mean he will sign for us of course
:rolleyes:
:well done:...I like the way he "stands his ground" on the pitch. It's rare to have that kind of player

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
That's nothing official, a fan channel making a goodbye video IF he leaves?

LFCFFC

Scored a penalty in Lyon's 3-2 loss to Strasbourg. No one tell him there are no such things as penalties at Anfield.

If things really are hinging on OL's Champions League qualification, it would appear that they should still make it to at least the qualifying round despite the loss. Marseille are a point behind, but have the small matter of the Europa league final this week. Can't begrudge him for staying loyal to them if he chooses to stay, but there's no doubt he'd be a fantastic signing.

Having him sitting in behind Firmino (or vice versa) in a 4-2-3-1...stop it!

Jayus20

Scored a penalty in Lyon's 3-2 loss to Strasbourg. No one tell him there are no such things as penalties at Anfield.

If things really are hinging on OL's Champions League qualification, it would appear that they should still make it to at least the qualifying round despite the loss. Marseille are a point behind, but have the small matter of the Europa league final this week. Can't begrudge him for staying loyal to them if he chooses to stay, but there's no doubt he'd be a fantastic signing.

Having him sitting in behind Firmino (or vice versa) in a 4-2-3-1...stop it!
--------------Karius---------------
Trent De Ligt Van Dijk Robertson
----------Jorginho Keita----------
---------Salah Fekir Mane--------
--------------Firmino-------------

Could you imagine...

Those parked buses wouldn't know what hit them.

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
--------------Karius---------------
Trent De Ligt Van Dijk Robertson
----------Jorginho Keita----------
---------Salah Fekir Mane--------
--------------Firmino-------------

Could you imagine...

Those parked buses wouldn't know what hit them.

would we be the first team ever to go through a full season without anyone spelling our centre backs names correct?

Foldy

would we be the first team ever to go through a full season without anyone spelling our centre backs names correct?
So Hendo, Wijnaldum, Milner and Lallana on the bench or locked in a room?

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Van the man Dijk for Captain anyone?
I don't like the idea of taking the captaincy off of an existing squad member - I know we've done it in the past, but it was when Sami was winding down (and having a few injury issues) and Gerrard was in the ascendency as a local lad making good. Taking it from Hendo and giving it to a team-mate would feel a bit humiliating, I think.

I think switching VCs is ok, though, so maybe name VVD as vc and then he's wearing the arm-band whenever Hendo isn't playing?

rupzzz

TIA Regular
I don't like the idea of taking the captaincy off of an existing squad member - I know we've done it in the past, but it was when Sami was winding down (and having a few injury issues) and Gerrard was in the ascendency as a local lad making good. Taking it from Hendo and giving it to a team-mate would feel a bit humiliating, I think.

I think switching VCs is ok, though, so maybe name VVD as vc and then he's wearing the arm-band whenever Hendo isn't playing?
I agree with the view of not wanting a shift or change of captaincy unless the existing captain does a terrible job, or leaves.

Henderson may not be a captain that grabs games by the scruff of the neck, but he does everything you want from your captain, leaving the game changing moments to the King of Egypt and his pals Sadio and Bobby.

Plus, I don't think it actually matters. VVD basically manages the back line through constant chatter with them, and No.6. Lovren also commands and talks a lot. We need leaders on the pitch but they don't need a little black and white band around their arm to be that leader.

Not sure what this all has to do with Fekir - but he certainly wouldn't be captain if he came in - not that anyone has suggested that!

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road

Pretty sure it was well before Sami hyppia was winding down, memory tells me he was at his peak

Status
Not open for further replies.