Naby Keita (CM) Red Bull Leipzig

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by ubermick, Mar 13, 2017.

?

How much should LFC pay for Keita?

1. No more than £30m - still a lad

2. Up to £40m - good price for a midfielder of his age

3. Up to £50m - that's his release clause next year

4. Up to £60m - he's worth it

5. Up to £70m - excellent player and will be immense for us

6. Up to £80m - He's THAT good

7. Anything RB Leipzig wants. ANYTHING. Just get it done.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. vjcpatriot

vjcpatriot Well-Known Member

2. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

3. Scott Jones

Scott Jones Well-Known Member

What's with the massive fucking picture.

4. NickF

NickF Well-Known Member

And whether we don't do our 2 month 'monitoring' stage, before being gazumped by someone willing to pay the money RB want

5. hugo the horrible

hugo the horrible Ridiculously optimistic.

A bit of talk around about us spending decent money this summer for quality.
    We certainly should be and Keita is a great starting point,at least we don't have Ayre to stuff it up so hopefully this will happen!

FGred likes this.
  6. GermanRed

GermanRed Well-Known Member

Ayre has other problems at the moment. He could be working in the third German league next season because his team 1860 Munich couldn't win (1:1) the first relegation match. I know it's off topic - sorry for that.

7. The Elusive 19th

The Elusive 19th TIA Youth Team

Yeah we have Edwards for that now.

8. t34m43

t34m43 Well-Known Member

Thanks the info!

FGred likes this.
  9. Alright Now

Alright Now Well-Known Member

You kill me.

Scott Jones likes this.
  10. Makati Red

Makati Red Banned Users

Ive made a point of watching Keita 6 live on TV 6 times this season and his starting position was DM and I have to say he wasnt very impressive at all and was truly exposed by Munchen when they came from 4-1 down to win 5-4. He certainly wont improve our defensive problems in Midfield.

Also he looks a liabillity in the tackling department very Lucas like in giving away silly free kicks

When he has the ball and in attack he is a very good player which would for me indicate he might be best placed as a partner for Henderson.

Its also planned for Coutinho to play 8 against part the bus teams then he is only one of two players in midfield which really would see Lallana make way.

Be interesting to see where he plays if we buy him.

11. KillerBeeLFC

KillerBeeLFC TIA Reserve Team

Lets not forget the guys only 22. I've watched some of red bulls games since we have been linked and what I can say is he is a pest for the opposition. He is always trying to win the ball back which will of course sometimes lead to free kicks. Id rather that than a player who has a better tackle success % but only attempts half the amount of tackles.
    I checked Squawka for some stats. Of the midfielders who have played 30+ games in the Bundesliga this season Keita is:
    6th best at defending
    3rd best at attacking
    2nd best overall (Forsberg, is no.1, is in a more advanced role)

Thats pretty impressive in my book.

On a side note, have you ever played against someone like Lucas? Although unspectacular to the eye these are the worst players to play against. I used to play with a fella who was a genius at the dark arts. Obviously not the same level as Lucas. Hed do things like give you a very slight nudge when you were pulling the trigger to make your shot go a bit wide. Not enough of a nudge that anyone would notice though ha. Lucas has lost his legs now but Id have a player like him in my team all day.

prest and Alright Now like this.
  12. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan Trust in Klopp

He won't play DM in our system. No qualms at all about bringing him in, think he'll be an outstanding addition to our midfield.

See him rotating with Gini and Lallana in their two positions.

For me we would have three midfield positions available and six guys to fill them - ie two for each position.

DM - Hendo and Can

CM x 2 - Lallana, Keita, Gini and Coutinho (who Klopp has said will be an option there but will mainly still play in attack).

I think that's a very strong group of players to call upon and should insure us against all but the worst injury crisis.

13. KillerBeeLFC

I see him as one of the CMs too but its a fallacy that hes bad at defending.

FGred, redfanman and Zinedine Biscan like this.
  14. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Eru

He's basically Kante mixed with Hazard.

15. KillerBeeLFC

No, youre thinking of superman :-)

Drubas and legalalien like this.
  16. rippedshorts

rippedshorts TIA Regular

A good player, but I think he is a luxury addition. Don't forget we already have Coutinho, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Can, Henderson, and Grujic, all of whom can operate as the 2 CM is Klopp's 4-3-3...

17. Makati Red

Makati Red Banned Users

The issue is Henderson who is now in the Sturridge category, if you delete him from the list then we are woefully short and unbalanced in CM, but I dont think Keita brings the balance we need. We need a Kante type of player

18. rippedshorts

rippedshorts TIA Regular

Exactly
    Keita looks a very good player who would improve the squad, but he's a luxury addition and I think we need more balance from those more disciplined type of player.

If can goes and Keita comes though, I'd be supportive.

Also remembers Grujic... No space for him otherwise...

19. KillerBeeLFC

He is one of the best midfielders at attacking and defending in the Bundesliga, thats a good balance.

If Grujic is good enough he will break through regardless of who is in front of him. Im sure if he stays fit he will get enough game time to prove his worth as we are in 4 competitions. If he doesnt prove he is good enough then thats that really. Id rather we have players of the required standard to challenge for trophies than hope potential comes good. We dont want to leave ourselves short as we have so many times in the past.

20. Makati Red

Makati Red Banned Users

It depends on your definition of defending, no doubt he can defend on the front foot but his defensive positional sense when the opposition have the ball especially when they win it in the midfield 3rd is not good and he gets by passed pretty easily and his tracking of the runners isnt great either. I would say all the problems you associate with him you could say the same about a lot of our midfielders so he should fit right in here perfectly.

Maybe Klopp can coach him to be a DM like he did with Henderson because that is the area we are currently weak in for the other two positions we have Coutnho, lallana, Gini and Grujic and obviously Can, Hendo or Keita could also play further forward if required.

If Hendo is out again next season we only currently have Can to play the DM which is not ideal

21. Zinedine Biscan

Great news if we really have got this one done.

22. MikeOscar

MikeOscar Klopp Klopp

Are there any actual sources in Germany reporting it or is it merely twitter speculation at this point?

redfanman likes this.
  23. Cologne-Liverpool

Cologne-Liverpool Well-Known Member

I disagree completely on his positioning and tracking, but hey, just shows how subjective these things are sometimes ...I think he has an excellent positional sense, good tackling and interceptions - yeah, he's not a "destroyer" type, true, but I don't think we're looking for that in our midfield anyway or in the tactics/positions he'll probably be playing.

24. Cologne-Liverpool

All I could find atm is reports about us preparing a bid and supposedly being contacts or even having agreed with the agent/player - nothing about the club (RB) yet as far as I can see.

redfanman and MikeOscar like this.
  25. Makati Red

Makati Red Banned Users

As you say its all very subjective but thats how i saw it esprcially the Bayern game but it wasnt his fault alone

KillerBeeLFC likes this.
  26. legalalien

legalalien The Tweetherder

redfanman likes this.
  27. NickF

NickF Well-Known Member

We love to 'prepare a bid'

redfanman likes this.
  28. Zinedine Biscan

At least we've moved on from the days of monitoring players to death.

redfanman likes this.
  29. Cologne-Liverpool

Ah well, I'm getting the sense nothing is really done/decided yet, at least at the club level...I would love for us to sign him, but it was always clear it was going to be a difficult one and probably pretty expensive - we'll see how far up high these Red Bull wings are flying in terms of money. Either way, we're going for the right category of targets imo, so that's a good thing.

redfanman likes this.
  30. Zinedine Biscan

How did the young english lad do at RBL do this season? Oliver-something...

There was talk of us being interested in him before they picked him up, just wondering really whether we missed out.