Naby Keita (CM) Red Bull Leipzig

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by ubermick, Mar 13, 2017.

?

How much should LFC pay for Keita?

1. No more than £30m - still a lad

2. Up to £40m - good price for a midfielder of his age

3. Up to £50m - that's his release clause next year

4. Up to £60m - he's worth it

5. Up to £70m - excellent player and will be immense for us

6. Up to £80m - He's THAT good

7. Anything RB Leipzig wants. ANYTHING. Just get it done.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Cologne-Liverpool

Cologne-Liverpool Well-Known Member

In June. I thought it would have to be some time before June 27th, but that was bs, as I just found out...So - in June, that's all I know...;-)

2. Juggernaut

Juggernaut New Member

Keita would be the one player I'd be gutted if we couldn't sign, would transform our midfield. Van Dijk would be great but risky as had a serious injury, Sessegnon looks potentially brilliant but is young and not ready to make an immediate impact - something we need now. Keita for me is a guaranteed success.

3. Hope in your heart

Hope in your heart Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts... Admin

This is what the lad says himself:

“I am a young player who never cares about rumours or what appears in the newspapers. I am now looking forward to a well-earned holiday and then to next season.
    This is like a dream! We enjoyed a really great season but it sits well with us. With each game we won, our confidence grew that much more.
    Our initial goal was to achieve top-flight safety as soon as possible. We succeeded brilliantly and by finishing second, we can of course feel more than satisfied.
    But we don’t want to sit back now. We will continue to progress and ride this wave of success for as long as possible.
    We are really keen to discover what the Champions League is all about. Every player dreams of playing in it and we will do everything in our power to make a difference in the tournament.
    The fact that we managed to qualify directly for the group stage of the Champions League is fantastic for our club. Our team is young, hungry and very ambitious.”

http://forums.thisisanfield.com/thr...wn-rumours-of-summer-move-to-liverpool.24857/

Doesn't look likely that he'll move.

4. Kopstar

Kopstar ★★★★★ Valued Member

That interview looks a whole lot better if you imagine that he uses "we/our/us" in the royal way.

redfanman and Hope in your heart like this.
  5. Makati Red

Makati Red Banned Users

The Firm‏ @thefirmBL May 27

EXCLUSIVE BREAKING NEWS: Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has signed a new 2 year deal with the club #FACupFinal

This is the guy who said the Keita deal was done and he posted this on Sunday so either he got very lucky or knows some stuff and Keita will sign by Sunday

6. The Elusive 19th

The Elusive 19th TIA Youth Team

Err... He could be knowing Arsenal related stuff only though....

redfanman likes this.
  7. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

This wenger stuff was being talked about on podcasts a week or two ago.

8. SoueysTash

SoueysTash GegenPosting

This guy is a teenager with time on his hands. Last year he said that Teixeira was coming plus many others. A total chancer.

Cologne-Liverpool likes this.
  9. Mascot88

Mascot88 Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders Admin

This two year deal has been rumoured for ages, and it's obvious Arsene was waiting for a high point to announce it.

By the way, the Emirates is going to be a barrel of laughs next year.

SoueysTash and redfanman like this.
  10. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

Or it wasn't even a risky call, I think we all knew there was a 2-year deal waiting for Wenger for a while, it was only a question if it was signed or when he would sign it.

redfanman and The Elusive 19th like this.
  11. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Eru

I get the feeling we are just waiting on his club agreeing a fee, may take a bit of time etc,

LaurazRed likes this.
  12. nikz200

nikz200 Active Member

Ive seen alot of back up options if we dont sign Van Dijk, but i havent seen any back up options should we fail to sign Keita? Its like its Keita or bust?

13. GaryBarlow99

GaryBarlow99 Member

Report in The Express saying we are interested in Rafinha so he could be the back up option.

Livvy and nikz200 like this.
  14. OLDIE

OLDIE TIA New Signing

I doubt City will offer £60m + 200k pw. So I wouldn't worry to much

15. Semmy

Semmy walk on...walk...on...

I still believe that a proper DM to sheild the two CB would be a much better investment, than this revolving door of CB's we've had in that last 5 years. Seems any time one of our CB get skinned our CM's are out of position.

Maybe this guy can do the job, he is definitely mobile and aggressive enough.

16. geebo

geebo Bekloppt ! (German for loopy)

"Naby wird definitiv nächstes Jahr hier spielen", sagt Rangnick

Rangnick, the ex manager and current sports director by Leipzig said (21.5) "Naby (Keita) will definitely play here next year." As the man who agrees transfers he should know. As for Keita, Leipzig have direct qualification for the CL. It would take a bucketful of money to prise him away.
    Keita also said that he wants to have similar success at some point in his career to Messi !! so I wouldnt take what he says as gospel.
    Plus the club dont have to sell....

17. SirBillShankly

SirBillShankly Joe and Holly's dad

Goretzha?

18. Makati Red

Makati Red Banned Users

Thats the issue you cant make someone sell, the only way I see this transfer happening is if Naby puts in a transfer request and really kick up a fuss but my hunch is he will give them one more season and then join city next season for 100m

Looks like Klopp could miss out on his two priority targets

19. Cologne-Liverpool

Nothing new about any of this, nothing changed so far, we've been over this a hundred times I feel. Yes, Leipzig are very adament about keeping him, very difficult target - if anything he would be very expensive, I think that was clear from the start.
    CL decision hasn't been made yet by UEFA, might change something, who knows.
    Has the transfer window even opened yet? (;-))

20. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

Never mind open, it sounds like it is closing in the next 24 hours....

nikz200, Alright Now, geebo and 4 others like this.
  21. Makati Red

Makati Red Banned Users

Just to give further clarification its now looking close to impossible

Bundesliga Journal‏ @bulijournal

Rangnick on Keita and Forsberg: "We won't sell one of the players. There are no pain limits. We keep the team together " #rbl

22. Anfield rd Dreamer

Anfield rd Dreamer Well-Known Member

Does he have me on ignore I wonder? He's completely ignored a post of mine when Southampton said this kind of thing at the end of April about Shaw and Lallana who were both at their new clubs by the end of the first week in July. Or you could look at Klopp and the club saying Sakho may stay which is clearly nonsense. Clubs can't look like they are too eager to sell. It's hard to get a good price if they do. I don't expect too much to happen on this front till UEFA have clarified their stance on RBs participation in Champions League!

23. RedSeven

RedSeven On the one road Valued Member

Did he say which"one of the players" he was not going to sell,is it the one we want?

24. Makati Red

Makati Red Banned Users

He means he wont sell any of the players but was answering a question specifically about those two players.

25. Makati Red

Makati Red Banned Users

There is a major difference though in Southampton have and always be a selling club whereas RB have intentions of winning the Title and CL in the coming seasons. Also financially they dont need to sell. Also the bigger question for them is if they sold Keita for 50m what do they spend the money on in terms or replacement its still 25 for anything that might be good enough

HKReds likes this.
  26. Anfield rd Dreamer

Anfield rd Dreamer Well-Known Member

You think about things in a very strange way. They just did what Leicester did, nobody saw it coming, they had a fantastic, so far, one off domestic league campaign. There is zero guarantee it will continue like you say. They aren't as rich as you say, it's not like they are rivalling PSG or the Chinese clubs for players. They've yet to complete a deal we would look at with envy at the time of the deal (hindsight maybe). We also have a decent working relationship with the group as per the Wisdom loan deal. They are under all kinds of attention for their finances, they may not even be allowed into European competition at all yet!

redfanman likes this.
  27. Cologne-Liverpool

Jeez, Makati, again, you act like this is anything new, the Rangnick quote you mentioned is from April...I could add numerous others, some of which have been quoted on this forum, by Rangnick or Mintzlaff or Hasenhüttl...This is why people including myself have always been so skeptical about this happening.

Still, stranger things have happened in football. There's the CL thing..there are these rumours of a buy-out clause in 2018 (which might be false, but these clauses are fairly common in the BL) - and at this point RB is very hard to predict and their whole financial situation is very dubious to say the least (as in very little knowledge outside of a select few inside the club/company) and there are some question marks.He would definitely be very expensive though, maybe there is a pain limit for Klopp/LFC...

I would say it's unlikely, but not entirely impossible yet, maybe we just wait and see?;-)

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
    redfanman and Makati Red like this.
  28. Makati Red

Makati Red Banned Users

I didnt realise it was an old quote as it was tweeted today but like you say its unlikely at this stage.

29. Cologne-Liverpool

Actually I just checked - Rangnick seems to be using this "pain limit" line all the time. The quote I meant concerning Keita was from April, but there are even older ones from January...Probably said it again now...
    The man knows no limits to his use of "pain limit" apparently ;-)

EDIT: Here's a link to the April one, for anyone reading German:
    https://de.sports.yahoo.com/news/bundesliga-rangnick-über-keita-keine-152543852.html
    He's quoted: It's totally clear: Naby will be playing for us next season. There is no pain limit. Him leaving would cause us much more pain."

He even said clear ("klar"), Makati !;-)

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
    Alright Now, redfanman and Livvy like this.
  30. geebo

geebo Bekloppt ! (German for loopy)

"schmerzgrenz" or pain limit, is a typical German football expression. It refers to how much money it would take to prise a player away from a club. Or to put it another way - everyone has a price !!! Rangnick and Leipzig are backed by Red bull- they dont need to sell which is why he continually says "we have no selling price".

However, two things - 1) they have been in negotiation since April to renegotiate Keita`s contract (pay him more to stay). 2) the Red bull Uefa CL decision- If they dont get CL football, Keita may want to go (as he is very ambitious). 3) Bayern- I read in German that Bayern fancy him too, and unless he loves Klopp, I can see us beating Bayern to his signature.

So all in all, there is a lot to sort out, and this wont be sorted short term !