• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Nathan Redmond (RW/LW) - Birmingham City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drian

TIA Youth Team
Liverpool target Nathan Redmond as England Under-19 international fails to agree new deal with Birmingham

Birmingham City are facing a battle to keep winger Nathan Redmond after Liverpool stepped up their interest in the England under-19 international.

http://www.telegraph...irmingham.html#

Liverpool have added Redmond to their list of targets for next year after contract talks collapsed with the 18 year-old and his representatives.

Redmond was due a new deal in September last year but is growing increasingly frustrated at Birmingham's failure to offer him terms and could leave St. Andrew's in January. He is still on his first professional contract and has just over 18 months left on his current deal.

Liverpool have had Redmond on the radar for the last 12 months and Brendan Rodgers is understood to have been made aware of his contract situation. Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur have also regularly sent scouts to watch the teenager.

Redmond was the club's second youngest player behind Trevor Francis when he made his debut in the Carling Cup two years ago.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
He was linked to us before, either last summer or last January, can't remember. Don't really know too much about him except he destroyed United almost single-handedly in one Cup game.

We've got Sterling obviously, but I think we'd probably have room in the squad for another out and out winger... especially if it also means moving Downing on asap.

Speckydodge

TIA Squad Member
He was linked to us before, either last summer or last January, can't remember. Don't really know too much about him except he destroyed United almost single-handedly in one Cup game.

We've got Sterling obviously, but I think we'd probably have room in the squad for another out and out winger... especially if it also means moving Downing on asap.
It was Zaha that destroyed united in the cup, wasn't it unless Redmond did aswell ???

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
It was Zaha that destroyed united in the cup, wasn't it unless Redmond did aswell ???
Er, quite possibly. I'm an absolute zombie this morning after being up four times in the night with the little one. Sure there was one game against big opposition last season where Redmond impressed, but I could be wrong.

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
Not enough to start a thread on him. It is Telegraph but there are no quotes or anything. Use NSR thread to discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.