Nathaniel Clyne (RB) to Cardiff, Fulham or Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herb

Played a role in the last four or five games now on the spin hasn’t he? Can’t see us letting him leave in January, and even in the summer if Moreno goes as expected then he could reasonably expect to be second choice in both full back positions.

big noyd

lovren has played well enough that i wouldn't mind gomez occasionally featuring at RB when he comes back from injury. but other than unintentionally taking a dive in the FA cup, i'd rather not see moreno play for us ever again. prefer clyne as cover for robbo

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
I wouldn’t, if we had a fully fit Gomez and Matip then perhaps but we need to keep Clyne around, I wonder if the FA Cup will decide this or not. If we go through I’d hope he stays, if we go out we also have Milner with Fabinho growing into the team.

The only player we should loan out is Solanke.

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Would not want to see him go but honestly he is just too good to just want to sit around and wait. He is at a good age and could still make England if playing regularly and has done well for us before his injuries. Never hear him moan about lack of opportunities either, would not begrudge him a move for his career if he thinks it's best

StevenAlonso

I would want him to stay. Not sure whether Klopp wants someone from Academy to be a backup to Trent but i would rather want that experiment to happen in the summer and not now.

Sweeting

I feel like the idea of leaving was in his head in September/October. He is now clearly a primary back up for us and probably ousted Moreno from 2nd choice LB. He has a chance to win a PL winners medal. I'm pretty sure he will be happy to stick around for another few months and see how it works out.

Limiescouse

Would not want to see him go but honestly he is just too good to just want to sit around and wait. He is at a good age and could still make England if playing regularly and has done well for us before his injuries. Never hear him moan about lack of opportunities either, would not begrudge him a move for his career if he thinks it's best
Long term that is true, but the time for that, if at all, is in the summer. He stayed last summer to compete for a spot and seemingly lost out to younger players. If that indicates the pecking order moving forward and he decides he wants to play then by all means that desire should be granted. However, we're at a stage now in the middle of the season where our need to use him as needed among a mini injury setback is more important than his need to get regular games. Lets get another 4-5 appearances out of him this winter/spring and then send on his way in the summer with a league winner's medal in hand.

Dave-D

Seem to be 2nd choice LB and 2/3rd choice RB. No point selling now, gentlemen’s agreement he can go in the summer if he still wants out then.

I know it’s the wrong thread but Moreno I’d let go now.

Perth Red

TIA Youth Team
Actually prefer him in matches against top teams. Prior to injury he was clearly first choice, England team, well respected, top level player. Would be foolish to consider letting him leave with best part of thirty games to go

JibJab

Mo Mane Mo' Problems
I'd rather keep him in the midst of this title challenge. It would be a bad idea to sell him. We've got the FA Cup starting to afford him regular playing time. We'll be fighting on three fronts by February. Squad depth is essential.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad.
Looks like Clyney's getting some love on here. Rightly so, he's excellent cover for both sides. He's effectively like a new signing with him being out for so long. I hope we keep hold of him, hopefully long-term.

Happy new year everyone. Title for 2019 please.

Last edited:

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
Looks like Clyney's getting some love on here. Rightly so, he's excellent cover for both sides. He's effectively like a new signing with him being out for so long. I hope we keep him hold of him, hopefully long-term.

Correct, would be madness to consider selling/loaning him.

Brigadear

Be madness to let him go in this window without proper cover, Would he want to leave now with chance of winning a premiership title?

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
This one should be closed. No way our only cover for RB is leaving

Red Ted

Clyne will never play for England again, he's nowhere near good enough attacking wise for how Southgate/England want to play & of all the places England are stocked in it's right back, Walker, TAA, Trippier & then you have the likes of Wan Bissaka & Maitland Niles emerging.

Red Ted

Looks like Clyney's getting some love on here. Rightly so, he's excellent cover for both sides. He's effectively like a new signing with him being out for so long. I hope we keep hold of him, hopefully long-term.

I think he's dodgy on the left to be honest but hopefully we won't be needing him there, can't see him being here beyond the summer either.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad.
I think he's dodgy on the left to be honest but hopefully we won't be needing him there, can't see him being here beyond the summer either.
And what exactly makes you think that "he's dodgy on the left" :think: (considering he's hardly ever played there).

Red Ted

And what exactly makes you think that "he's dodgy on the left" :think: (considering he's hardly ever played there).
The times he's played there just recently, even though they have been brief he's been all over the place, he'll just about do for the right if we really have to but having him playing left back for a whole game is not a risk I'd like to see taken in the league or CL.

What exactly makes you think "he's excellent cover for the left side" considering he's hardly ever played there?

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad.
Well, for a start. He's quick. He's experienced. He rarely makes mistakes or gives the ball away. Most people would acknowledge that he is a really excellent defender.I would be very happy if we keep hold of him.

As for saying he's been all over the place? Really? Not in the games I've watched he hasnt.

Bonus

TIA New Signing
If all goes to plan this season, we will need a many players as possible for the games ahead.

So I would prefer him to stay, at least until the end of the season.
he can provide decent enough cover for both RB and LB,

TBH I would rather him as a back LB than Moreno.

Red Ted

I think he’s ok defending but offers nothing going forward like Trent and robbo can.
I’d keep him until next summer. I’d rather Clyne as back up over Moreno
And Milner over both of those.

We need a left back in the summer, another Robertson type would be handy if we can find one (good fee and good player) to add some solid cover & and to keep Robertson on his toes, not that Robertson really needs that but competition is a good/healthy thing for the squad.

Red Ted

Well, for a start. He's quick. He's experienced. He rarely makes mistakes or gives the ball away. Most people would acknowledge that he is a really excellent defender.I would be very happy if we keep hold of him.

As for saying he's been all over the place? Really? Not in the games I've watched he hasnt.
No they wouldn't.

Van Dijk is what you would class as a really excellent defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.