Nathaniel Clyne - Welcome to Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

geebo

Geebo Age unknown !
not really... I would say about 25% of what you post on this forum is EVER accurate.
ha ha ha ha

what you mean:

...buying a fridge.... you kind of need ... a harrowing ordeal .... But ...striking... is ... ultimately feel..... barking.... enough... for the next few years

ok,ok I am bored.....

Maria

EPL, European & FIFA World club Champions❤✊
Ad-free Member
From what most of the posters are saying here and even RichLFC has given his blessing to this signing, Clyne sounds like a great asset to the team.
I trust you guys in your judgement (well.. most of you.?.!).

Welcome to LFC Nathaniel Clyne, just do your best and play with conviction.

Last edited:

Doggie

Resident Optimist
Well if RichLFC is happy then we all should be :eek:)

Great signing, welcome Nathaniel!!

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Decent signing as many said we probably need a starter in this, Brendan's two faced approach to players has shown that with Manquillo.

Should be a solid starter for us and will benefit hopefully from competition if Flanaghan ever returns

tesh

TIA New Signing
Excellent, a proper right back.
Competition for Can?
As Sterling is likely away and Ibe practicing his crosses, then it is indeed between Clyne and Can for the RB slot….

Dane

NEXT!
Ad-free Member
As Sterling is likely away and Ibe practicing his crosses, then it is indeed between Clyne and Can for the RB slot….
Can should be nowhere near the RB slot ever again.
Doubt if Brendan will see it logically though.

Colorado Red

TIA New Signing
Good price, considering how much was paid last year for a certain S'hampton fullback.

Should really solidify the postition. His tackling stats are pretty outstanding.
Probably spells the end for Manquillo.
Suspect we'll see Wisdom and Flanagan as the backup RBs.
Hopefully also means we'll be able to move Can into midfield, where he belongs.

NZred

The Red From NZ
Over the moon with this deal. Finally a true replacement for Steve Finnan.

If Hodgson wants to delude himself that others are better at RB, that suits me. Means the cunt is running him into the ground.

DanLFC

Strafing ground targets
Some harsh assessments geez

Terrific player and has all the attributes to do well here. Really solves our problem at RB with Wisdom resigned as well we have decent depth there now and Flanagan returning at some point later in the season improved our depth even further. Also gives is the freedom to push Can into midfield so really a double benefit.

Kudos to the club for another good piece of business that's three genuine starters onboard and plenty of time left in the window to nail a decent striker and clear out those who are no longer required.

pottymonster

Peanut butter!
Fantastic signing, him and Moreno ought to be able to sort out our fullback positions with the highest quality we've had there since Arbeloa and Riise.

We could still use some depth there though. Either one of them gets hurt before Flanagan comes back and who exactly are we expecting to fill in there? Players out of position? Not great stuff. Would be keeping Manquillo and Enrique for that reason alone.

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
Where are the harsh assessments? Seriously, I don't think there's one is there? Certainly not any great amount.
Some harsh assessments geez

Terrific player and has all the attributes to do well here. Really solves our problem at RB with Wisdom resigned as well we have decent depth there now and Flanagan returning at some point later in the season improved our depth even further. Also gives is the freedom to push Can into midfield so really a double benefit.

Kudos to the club for another good piece of business that's three genuine starters onboard and plenty of time left in the window to nail a decent striker and clear out those who are no longer required.
sse

grenadier

TIA New Signing
Really pleased with this. I think we've got a great price really. I would have thought he might go to 15-18 sort of region. Really should make for an exciting right side if Ibe is also on the pitch.

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
Really pleased with this. I think we've got a great price really. I would have thought he might go to 15-18 sort of region. Really should make for an exciting right side if Ibe is also on the pitch.
The opportunity cost aspect of this deal is good as he let his contract go down to his last year. Offset a little by wages but when you consider how much we were paying Glen Johnson these past 2 years, it feels rather reasonable in that sense

I may not like our general policy or the people that run it, feel we have undervalued top club/competition experience and I do feel Pl Proven is a load of utter bollocks, but that does not mean to say there aren't common sense deals out there that fit in to the right categories for certain roles that are on the face of it quite straightforward in aim and intention. Is a position where a bit of youth, energy, fitness and solidity are sound enough qualities. Moreno on the other side I feel has a higher attacking ceiling but this bloke should be a solid enough defensive counterbalance on the right, though as said Rodgers hasn't been able to stabilise the whole unit at this time

EdWood

TIA Youth Team
We've needed one since 2009. This is a long overdue addition to a clear weak spot.
Agreed, but you could say the same about us at LB as well. Moreno still has a lot to learn re the defensive side of his game. Atm he's good when going forward but a bit iffy when he's on the back foot. Hopefully the new coaching staff will help him to improve this part of his game.

Limiescouse

With Moreno I would say he is eager when going forward, but not particularly effective. I think that goal against Spurs bought him a tremendous amount of good will, and take that early high point away and think people would have been far more critical of his performances.

RaoulDuke

Wind-Down Merchant
Well if RichLFC is happy then we all should be :eek:)

Great signing, welcome Nathaniel!!
I doubt he is happy.
But signings like clyne and milner are good enough to not make him fetch the glock from the drawer.
And it's a good sign when signings don't make RichLFC desperate.

DanLFC

Strafing ground targets
Where are the harsh assessments? Seriously, I don't think there's one is there? Certainly not any great amount.

sse
No better than Manquillo someone said another called him the equivalent of buying a fridge.

The guys been one of the top fullbacks in the League for at least two seasons and he's being compared to a kid learning his trade who barely plays and a home appliance as analogy for boring but necessary. Guess some people will never be pleased but the facts are we got a quality player for below his market value for a position which has been a problem for us for a couple of seasons if that isn't enough for some nothing ever will be.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
No better than Manquillo someone said another called him the equivalent of buying a fridge.

The guys been one of the top fullbacks in the League for at least two seasons and he's being compared to a kid learning his trade who barely plays and a home appliance as analogy for boring but necessary. Guess some people will never be pleased but the facts are we got a quality player for below his market value for a position which has been a problem for us for a couple of seasons.
I said he probably won't end up being much better than Manquillo.

And I stand by that as well, I liked Manquillo and think he's easily better than the other young fullbacks we have at the club. His stats per game were better than Clyne's as well, a smallish sample though admittedly.

That isn't a harsh assessment as I rate Manquillo highly. I'm not a particularly negative poster so this isn't a case of 'never being pleased', that's my opinion.

hoosierred

Ad-free Member

The guys been one of the top fullbacks in the League for at least two seasons and he's being compared to a kid learning his trade who barely plays and a home appliance as analogy for boring but necessary. Guess some people will never be pleased but the facts are we got a quality player for below his market value for a position which has been a problem for us for a couple of seasons if that isn't enough for some nothing ever will be.
For perspective, the 'buying a fridge' comment just might include the nicest things Rich has ever said about a Roger's signing.

I expect Clyne to be very solid at LB so we can devote more of our attention to worrying if Moreno will ever become consistent enough at RB.

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.

frankly I wont be pleased till those in charge stop seeing 6th place as good enough and being shit in europe as normal

This signing is though yes, boring, but yes, necessary as well. Wont be the brilliant goalscorer we still need to replace but for his role hes a steady long term choice

EdWood

TIA Youth Team
frankly I wont be pleased till those in charge stop seeing 6th place as good enough and being shit in europe as normal

This signing is though yes, boring, but yes, necessary as well. Wont be the brilliant goalscorer we still need to replace but for his role hes a steady long term choice
You would have thought that FSG, astute business men as they are, would have noticed that the difference in prize money between finishing second and sixth to be self-evident and that access to lucrative CL prize money speaks for itself. They simply can't be satisfied with fifth or sixth because they've had a taste of the big money now. Last season's failures were down to transfer incompetence and poor management. It's not like the owners sabotaged our efforts on purpose.

I can't believe that I'm defending FSG here!

LFCIsMyNumberPlate

For perspective, the 'buying a fridge' comment just might include the nicest things Rich has ever said about a Roger's signing.

I expect Clyne to be very solid at LB so we can devote more of our attention to worrying if Moreno will ever become consistent enough at RB.
You've got their positions the wrong way round pal!

Status
Not open for further replies.