New Balance kits

He Drinks Sangria

Got my new home shirt today. I like how it seems to be more fitted this year, it even makes a scrawny fucker like me look like I have a bulging chest and slightly defined bicep. Not a fan of the buttoned collar thing though. Feels kind of uncomfortable and wasn't easy to get on. Maybe I've just got a fat head but do your hair after putting it on lads.
You're meant to undo the button to put it on, mate.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Was funny when the NB guy said the inspiration for this one came from the matchday '01 in Dortmund against Alaves programme (the magazine!)! I don't know, I suppose it was yellow/green/fluorescent? Also, one of the two quotes on this one is the: "Red for danger, red for power".

lol

Really some weird/random connections/inspirations for something that takes "lots of hard work and time".

Putting that aside, I'm delighted with the first two kits, up there with one of the best combinations we've had. This 3rd one is meh, will never look back on it in the future, but at least it's not disastrous like the two away ones in 13/14 and for now that's fine with me.

Strictly Armchair

For the first time ever I'll describe one of our kits as hideous. It's not a shade bequeathed to us by nature that's for sure. On the pantone colour chart it would probably be defined as 'radium snot'. There have been a few creations over the past few decades I've been somewhat 'meh' towards but this one is absolutely vile. It couldn't even be passed off as a decent / imaginatively styled training kit.

It would have been more honest if the manufacturer had come up with something along the lines of, 'This was inspired by biological warfare and is designed to damage the optic nerves of anyone who stares at it for too long.' At least they would if they weren't so prone, or contractually obliged, to come up with such disingenuous shite to describe the tat they're marketing to the masses.

The only previous kit of ours which I actually disliked was the away shirt from the 96-97 season which, as I'm sure we all recall, was described by some pretentious ponce as ecru. Those of us using more prosaic English called it beige.

norwegian wood

TIA Regular
Got my new home shirt today. I like how it seems to be more fitted this year, it even makes a scrawny fucker like me look like I have a bulging chest and slightly defined bicep. Not a fan of the buttoned collar thing though. Feels kind of uncomfortable and wasn't easy to get on. Maybe I've just got a fat head but do your hair after putting it on lads.
Would that be the socalled 'elite' version? I saw some pictures, and it seems they have two versions: the replica and the elite version, which is supposed to be identical to what the players use.

Billy Stevo's left boot

Born in L5, live in L4, support one L of a team
Not keen on that third kit I have to say, it's way too fluorescent/bright.
Felt like I was watching some other team tbh, it didn't feel like I was watching Liverpool Football Club.

Gegen Pretzel

Novato Papa
Not keen on that third kit I have to say, it's way too fluorescent/bright.
Felt like I was watching some other team tbh, it didn't feel like I was watching Liverpool Football Club.
Agreed, reminded me of Chelsea's away kit from a few years back. It doesn't look bad as a general style, but it doesn't feel like it suits our club or the standard colors we tend to wear. Yellow, yes. Flourescent highlighter yellow, no. It wouldn't be a bad training kit (it does look better than our training kit) but I'd hope this is the last time we see this shade. If we were chasing a trend I think we missed it by a few years and otherwise it doesn't make much sense for Liverpool. I don't usually have too much bad to say about our kits because I think they tend to be overemphasized and turned into controversial items when they really aren't as important (particularly the away and third kits) but this one is pretty ugly. It looks well-made and in a different shade I think it would actually be one of our best kits under New Balance/Warrior, but I'll be glad to see it maybe one more time at most.

richieh10

Wasn't a fan of the 3rd kit but have to admit I'm liking t the more I see it. Looks good on the pitch too.

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
I like all of the kits this year. Fan of the weird/eccentric ones, Have the white/blue 11/12 alt jersey

Essexdan

Have to say I did like the black away Warrior shirt with the grey round neck

richieh10

Saw the 3rd kit in the flesh today!

Gotta admit - LOVE IT.

Barca and Ajax had a similar effort few years back. Prob been better with out the dark shoulders tho

CraigREDMAN

I love all this seasons new kits. Even the bright one. Got the red one and that is it. Money is tight. Maybe someone will buy me one for my birthday or crimbo.

Haven't bought any NB kits since they took us over but I really do dislike their shade of red. It's too bright and looks almost orange at times, especially out in the sun. With Adidas we had this nice blood-red which for me, is true Liverpool.