• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

New Balance kits

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
Won't happen unless NB renews. They have rights to this entire season - up to them if they wish to use that to show a shirt for next season. Obviously, they won't do that if is Nike, or even if still undecided.
That makes sense. I was thinking NB still had the shirt for next year. I read 19/20 is the last year of the deal but there's also been a few articles saying different things in recent weeks.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
I'm also not a Nike guy (simply for looks/design, I'm an Adidas guy, but totally aware that Nike are best quality in some areas), but absolutely no objections whatsoever for any of those options - who offers us the best deal gets it as far as I'm concerned. With Adidas taking over at United, it was always going to be difficult. So why not give Nike their first chance with us. It changes, we'll probably go through all of them in the future. Just give us the best possible deal and nice gear and that's it. I don't buy/wear kits anymore for more than a decade now, much more interested in simple casual wear or training gear, but won't mind if it's Nike and I don't aquire anything officially from the club because of them. With a club of our size, you can always find some quality (or even better) alternative options to get a simple Liverbird or something on a t-shirt like Hat, Scarf or a Badge, Sam Dodds or whatever of that type. Nike make clean kits, though sometimes the details are too similar between clubs who are under Nike. I'm also interested what they do with our crest. But we're also a much more special club par example than Spurs, so I feel we might get some specially made details. Felt that it would happen sooner or later under these American owners and with Adidas going to United. So generally even though I never owned something by Nike (and still might not in the future, even if it's LFC gear), I'm excited and very much open to this potentially huge deal for the club. That's the priority and all I'm interested in.

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
I quite like that to be honest. Hope it's not ruined by the gold and white patch that'll be on the right shoulder.
I am hoping it grows on me over time. Initial reaction is underwhelmed. Also interested to see what our alternate jersey looks like.

dockers_strike

If this really is next year's home shirt, then I say let Nike or Adidas have a go. This is pretty bad, IMO. Uninspired is one word that comes to mind.

What you on about, the pin stripe is an absolute classic LFC shirt by Umbro. My favourite kit this. Adidas can take a hike after they tried to screw us over. Nice one NB if this is next year's kit.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
If this really is next year's home shirt, then I say let Nike or Adidas have a go. This is pretty bad, IMO. Uninspired is one word that comes to mind.

I am not looking for inspired from a shirt designer on the home kit. The home kit is very much colour between the lines and keep it classic. They can have their fun with the 3rd kit.

Sound red - check
Traditional gold/yellow - check
No dodgy pattern - check
No dodgy collar - check

Nice catch by Zoran there on the thin stripes.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Very nice. And it's nice that the final decision maker decided not to have Alisson in pink or yellow. Not that I have anything against those colors just not on a keeper!
He will likely have another absurdly bright one, but he will enjoy this one when he is coming to claim a high ball in the box. Large black shadow will get some players clearing out of his way.

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
I am not looking for inspired from a shirt designer on the home kit. The home kit is very much colour between the lines and keep it classic. They can have their fun with the 3rd kit.

Sound red - check
Traditional gold/yellow - check
No dodgy pattern - check
No dodgy collar - check

Nice catch by Zoran there on the thin stripes.
Very much respect everyone's opinion on the shirt, it just doesn't do much for me. I don't ever buy the shirt as I'm over a certain age, so in the end it doesn't matter. I've been a gear snob at times.

EDIT: for instance, the 125th Anny home shirt from last year was absolutely stunning IMO. Classic design with beautiful color.

Last edited:

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Very much respect everyone's opinion on the shirt, it just doesn't do much for me. I don't ever buy the shirt as I'm over a certain age, so in the end it doesn't matter. I've been a gear snob at times.
I rarely buy one for myself, but my sons and another boy get one for Christmas every year. If I get one for myself, it is usually after the next season's model comes out.

Red over the water

My Liverpool kit wearing days are over - seems to add 20 pounds (!) but I’m on board with nice leisure gear.

My general view on the home kit is similar to that expressed above. Keep it classic. For designers it is probably a boring job, as they don’t have too much to do to use their skills, which is why you see various mock ups on the internet, as many people think they can have a go. Be that as it may, keep the home kit classic.

As for the new deal, it’s all about the money and raising the club profile. Nike have distribution channels second to none around the world, so we will benefit if it’s them. We will be in more shops, selling more gear, and it should all coincide nicely with the team battling at the top fo the Prem and the latter stages of the CL for hopefully the foreseeable future.

As for the quality of the product itself, it’s not renowned for that, and some of the designs are a bit ‘samey’ so hopefully something can be done on that, as this will be an important account - probably the third biggest in the world to date after the two Spanish giants,

I see it all as a sign of the health of the club, and it all flows from the health of the club on the pitch. Maybe the club can throw in some nice training gear, as a nice bonus, for all the good work Klopp is doing?

DeathOrGlory

Fortune Favours the Gegenpress
First impressions is that the one posted above is pretty noice.

Tell ya what could be a cool idea, NB put it out to the fans to design a kit. Produce a shortlist of the best, and then put a poll on the offal or other places that get tons of traffic and have everyone vote on the favourite design. Whatever gets picked, is the kit for next season.

Has this ever been done before?

Arminius

FSG PR plant
First impressions is that the one posted above is pretty noice.

Tell ya what could be a cool idea, NB put it out to the fans to design a kit. Produce a shortlist of the best, and then put a poll on the offal or other places that get tons of traffic and have everyone vote on the favourite design. Whatever gets picked, is the kit for next season.

Has this ever been done before?
I am fairly sure that must be the explanation for that awful City multi-cut kit. The empty seats at the Empti-had did not vote, and thousands of fans from other clubs did.

Red Armada

TIA Regular
That's a nice kit they have for the next season. NB in general have produced some of the best home kits we have ever had and I wouldn't mind staying with them one bit. Provided of course that we can get the best possible deal.