• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

New Balance kits

RedYank

Question on NB sizing (from the wearer's point of view--not the sizing chart): is it wise to go one size higher, or more, for proper fit? I am more of a Shaq-like stocky bloke--wider across the shoulders than others. In Nike or Adidas, I can do an XL and be fine. But, with NB (from 17-18) I ultimately had to go with a 3XL in order to fit. But, a mate of mine--who is of similar build--bought an 18-19 XXL and it fits fine. What is a recommendation?

Yeah, I know: lose some weight, you fat bastard lol

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
Question on NB sizing (from the wearer's point of view--not the sizing chart): is it wise to go one size higher, or more, for proper fit? I am more of a Shaq-like stocky bloke--wider across the shoulders than others. In Nike or Adidas, I can do an XL and be fine. But, with NB (from 17-18) I ultimately had to go with a 3XL in order to fit. But, a mate of mine--who is of similar build--bought an 18-19 XXL and it fits fine. What is a recommendation?

Yank - Its a great question. This is only one perspective, so weigh it with all others you get. I seldom wear these shirts in public, but if I do, I don't like them to fit like an oversized t shirt as if I'm wearing my father's shirt. I like them to look somewhat form. Using American measurement units, I am 5'10 (177/178cm) and approx 190lbs (85/86kg) and since NB/Warrior became the kit manu I have worn Medium Liverpool shirt every year. It does look very form or tight, depending on the time of the year and how active I've been. It all comes down to how you like to wear them. All that said, You may indeed be ok in the 2X. Hope this helps!

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
Dont like the Keepers Kit on this one. The Black is lovely.

KYRed18

Similar build, XXL fits fine with the 18-19 kits. I am an XL in everything else and the double fits pretty comfortably. Older kits I have in XL still fit.

GTA_G20

FirminoFan
Already ordered the black and gold keepers kit and the away kit. Waiting for the 3rd kit to appear. Might do a quad and get a home madrid19 while I’m at it

RedYank

Yank - Its a great question. This is only one perspective, so weigh it with all others you get. I seldom wear these shirts in public, but if I do, I don't like them to fit like an oversized t shirt as if I'm wearing my father's shirt. I like them to look somewhat form. Using American measurement units, I am 5'10 (177/178cm) and approx 190lbs (85/86kg) and since NB/Warrior became the kit manu I have worn Medium Liverpool shirt every year. It does look very form or tight, depending on the time of the year and how active I've been. It all comes down to how you like to wear them. All that said, You may indeed be ok in the 2X. Hope this helps!
Great advice--many thanks!
We are the same height, but I have got you by 15lbs--and some of that has headed south on the old frame. I generally only wear shirts to the pub during match days, so not looking for a fashion statement by any means. I like to look in the middle, between form fit and father's shirt--and mostly just to be comfortable. The 2X sounds like the ticket--so will give it a go!

Mattyhurst83

I’ve gone one bigger than t shirts I usually buy on the last two kits, I got the new red on first thing on Sunday ;-)

CanuckoLFC

Ghost in the Shell SAC
First post. :wave:

Went crazy just now and ordered the 19/20 UCL Henderson home shirt, plus the UCL Champions Jacket. :celebrating:

I went to a New Balance store and checked out the short and long sleeves, plus the black & gold short sleeves (really nice). I am 5"10, 180lbs, L is enough for me, even though I always wear another T-shirt underneath. (However, I have XL for the 18/19 home shirt because of the buttons for the collar. My Reebok 2005/06 LFC UCL home shirt was also XL.)

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI
Do you all remember all those highlighter away kits, the ones we had to wear sunglasses when we watched them? There was one green kit which was similar colour to the grass and we couldn't tell which player was moving except the one with the ball?

We have had some shockers overbtge years. lol

At least our new kit isn't as bad as the tablecloth Barcelona have to wear in the new season.

Mattyhurst83

Dont like the Keepers Kit on this one. The Black is lovely.
Dunno I think it’s a nice green, I prefer a darker green but it’s smart, the black one is gorgeous but it doesn’t colour this one for me, the 3rd is bound to be pink I guess.

Mattyhurst83

I like that colour combination, it looks turquoise or aqua green in colour . I might order that one.
I’d prefer a collar on that but it looks nice, I got the home one even though I said I wouldn’t silly impulse Sunday morning.

big noyd

think it should be home red, away black, obnoxious color third every year. never happen, obviously. really liked the toxic thunder & netherlands orange, the purple this year was ok too

what we wore at bayern & roma look like pajamas, i'd put the new whites in the same bin

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
That's the dumbest shirt, literally ever. Worse than the faux-tribal tattoo on the sleeves of the 13/14 or whatever year that was. Something screams "bootleg" about this shirt, the lettering looks off and it just looks...fake. Almost can't be real. If it is, I'd really love to know who signed off on that. I have a hunch, but I'll reserve my opinion.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
So some players will have red socks, some white, some 50-50, depends how they wear (or cut) it. Like a Sunday league team. Bloody hate that detail. That will look like a mess.

lol