• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

New Balance kits

RedYank

This will sell one kit: to @RedYank who is probably a Cincinnati Bengals fan.
You surmise well! Record-wise, sort of like the Newcastle of the NFL--an odd first finish every so often, followed by lower table/near relegation the rest of the time.

I have had enough tiger stripes to last a lifetime...thus, I would never wish to see it on a proper LFC shirt!

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
Every time i get a white top i ruin it within a week,i know it's hard to believe but i tend to miss my big gob a lot whilst eating.
Have you tried using a fork? If not, I’d recommend using a spoon, just until your hand / mouth coordination is better.
Or, and this is a deal breaker, they sell Bibs on the Liverpool website. It even had a little pouch that catches any ‘missed’ food so you can try again later.

schmee

Master of Ashla and Bogan.
It even had a little pouch that catches any ‘missed’ food so you can try again later.
I literally sourced out 'His and Hers' ones of those for my wedding day (due to having disabling, chronic back pain I had time spare at home so sourced virtually everything except the wedding dress to be fair) as I know I always spill something at the worst times when eating. Was instead forced to just get an extra white shirt instead (which wouldn't have helped if I dropped something on the waistcoat might I add).

Strangely enough seven years later and I'm single again already lollol.

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
I literally sourced out 'His and Hers' ones of those for my wedding day (due to having disabling, chronic back pain I had time spare at home so sourced virtually everything except the wedding dress to be fair) as I know I always spill something at the worst times when eating. Was instead forced to just get an extra white shirt instead (which wouldn't have helped if I dropped something on the waistcoat might I add).

Strangely enough seven years later and I'm single again already lollol.
Always come in handy eh!
I have an intolerance to fizzy drinks. Makes me gag. There was once when I was serving some customers at a hotel in Turkey and it was so hot I took a swig of my orange juice between customers. Anyway, it wasn’t my juice but my colleagues Fanta and I spat it out (projectile vomit style) all over the face of the woman next in line.
I didn’t know what to say so I just asked ‘can I help you at all?’

‘Oh my f****** god. Iv just put sun lotion on. What the actual f***.’

‘Sorry about that, I thought it was orange juice.’

But I feel for ya with that chronic back pain. My goes from time to time. I suffer from slipped discs quite a lot.

richieh10

I agree with the point about the socks... looks shite. Should have been all red.

1 thing for certain with New Balance

If the home shirt is classic Red (ps I love the darker shade the NB shave brought in....) and the away kit is boring white....

The 3rd kit is gonna be fucking mental colours

Mattyhurst83

Yeah it’s going be anything but normal, yet we will probably win our two games in it and it will be remembered fondly.

Anyhow saw the white kit in the flesh, I kind of like it.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member

Heads up for anyone ordering the new phantom training top.
Wife ordered me one for Fathers Day - a large - as I’m a 42-44 - well its skin tight and I couldn’t breathe. It was even too tight to on the arms.
Had to send back today and swap for a XL but don’t think it’s gonna be huge.
I have home kit in large and it fits fine.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
So are the details on that black kit blue or green?

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
It's Green thankfully, I had my worries it was blue (not bothered like but some are).

Oddly enough it could double as a goalie top, I'm not sure if I will buy it, will depend on the neck.

richieh10

I was having a conversation with a work colleague today and was reminiscing about a time where we would swap kits every 2-3 years rather than every year. It was of course a time when there were no such thing as a 3rd kit.

Got me thinking that really this swapping kits every season (and swapping away kits and 3rd kits) is really just another way of mugging the football fan off.

How easy would it be to come up with an away kit that meant it was impossible to clash with ANY other club.

Obviously our away kit couldn’t be red... that’s the colour of our home kit and all we would need to do then is look at other clubs who play in red plus another colour... Southampton for example who play in red and white... so that would mean white would be off the table... and so on and so forth. Wouldn’t be difficult and would then basically mean that a 3rd kit would not be needed.

However with modern football the way it is... and looking to bleed the average man in the street dry from his hard earned cash football clubs seems happy to launch away kits that will 100% clash with 1 or 2 team kits to make sure that there is a need for a 3rd kit.

For me if I were to buy this seasons home shirt it would cost me £60.

If my children each want a home shirt that’s £40 each.... and kids being kids will probably want the away shirt and the 3rd kit too. (When I was a kid I wanted every shirt I could get my hands on with our famous badge on). So in totally i end up spending £300 of football shirts, only for a new one to be launched in probably may which is 11 months away.

It’s a sad situation I think and yet again the exploitation of the football fan.

Modern football is awesome but it sure does have some fucking terrible parts :-(

richieh10

I was gonna go yesterday and buy the away kit actually (instead of the home) and was 90% sold on it until I saw it in real life. The navy BLUE badge on the kit put me off a bit.

Home kit it is then.

Defo gonna buy the 86 retro home shirt too

Commando

Ad-free Member
I was gonna go yesterday and buy the away kit actually (instead of the home) and was 90% sold on it until I saw it in real life. The navy BLUE badge on the kit put me off a bit.

Home kit it is then.

Defo gonna buy the 86 retro home shirt too
Having blue on our shirts doesn't bother me at all. As long as our home kit is all red the others can be any colour. I loved the 11/12 third kit.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
I was having a conversation with a work colleague today and was reminiscing about a time where we would swap kits every 2-3 years rather than every year. It was of course a time when there were no such thing as a 3rd kit.

Got me thinking that really this swapping kits every season (and swapping away kits and 3rd kits) is really just another way of mugging the football fan off.

How easy would it be to come up with an away kit that meant it was impossible to clash with ANY other club.

Obviously our away kit couldn’t be red... that’s the colour of our home kit and all we would need to do then is look at other clubs who play in red plus another colour... Southampton for example who play in red and white... so that would mean white would be off the table... and so on and so forth. Wouldn’t be difficult and would then basically mean that a 3rd kit would not be needed.

However with modern football the way it is... and looking to bleed the average man in the street dry from his hard earned cash football clubs seems happy to launch away kits that will 100% clash with 1 or 2 team kits to make sure that there is a need for a 3rd kit.

For me if I were to buy this seasons home shirt it would cost me £60.

If my children each want a home shirt that’s £40 each.... and kids being kids will probably want the away shirt and the 3rd kit too. (When I was a kid I wanted every shirt I could get my hands on with our famous badge on). So in totally i end up spending £300 of football shirts, only for a new one to be launched in probably may which is 11 months away.

It’s a sad situation I think and yet again the exploitation of the football fan.

Modern football is awesome but it sure does have some fucking terrible parts :-(
I'd have happily kept last years shirt for another 10 years, It's my favourite so I am glad we had such a season to remember it by.

But yeah it started with the rotation of the 3rd and away kits, and then all of a sudden three new kits per year.

richieh10

Ye it’s a shame really. Especially if you think how often it will be used.

This coming season in league games only we will use the away kit 6 times (villa, Bournemouth, Burnley, Palace, United, West Ham) and the 3rd kit 3 times (as these teams play in red and white - arsenal, Southampton and Sheff United)

So all together 29 appearances in red in the league season. 6 in white and 3 in that new (yet to be confirmed) black number.

richieh10

Having blue on our shirts doesn't bother me at all. As long as our home kit is all red the others can be any colour. I loved the 11/12 third kit.
Didn’t think it would bother me.... it may not have been the over riding factor that made me not want the shirt after seeing it in the flesh but just was a little uninspired by it in the flesh.

Plus guaranteed a week into owning it I’d tip something down it and it be wrecked lol