• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

New Balance kits

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Ad-free Member
Does anyone know the likely changes in squad numbers?

I seem to recall Alisson's getting the no.1 and AOC is getting Sturridge's no.15.

What about TAA, is he going to get the no.2?

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
I was having a conversation with a work colleague today and was reminiscing about a time where we would swap kits every 2-3 years rather than every year. It was of course a time when there were no such thing as a 3rd kit.

Got me thinking that really this swapping kits every season (and swapping away kits and 3rd kits) is really just another way of mugging the football fan off.

How easy would it be to come up with an away kit that meant it was impossible to clash with ANY other club.

Obviously our away kit couldn’t be red... that’s the colour of our home kit and all we would need to do then is look at other clubs who play in red plus another colour... Southampton for example who play in red and white... so that would mean white would be off the table... and so on and so forth. Wouldn’t be difficult and would then basically mean that a 3rd kit would not be needed.

However with modern football the way it is... and looking to bleed the average man in the street dry from his hard earned cash football clubs seems happy to launch away kits that will 100% clash with 1 or 2 team kits to make sure that there is a need for a 3rd kit.

For me if I were to buy this seasons home shirt it would cost me £60.

If my children each want a home shirt that’s £40 each.... and kids being kids will probably want the away shirt and the 3rd kit too. (When I was a kid I wanted every shirt I could get my hands on with our famous badge on). So in totally i end up spending £300 of football shirts, only for a new one to be launched in probably may which is 11 months away.

It’s a sad situation I think and yet again the exploitation of the football fan.

Modern football is awesome but it sure does have some fucking terrible parts :-(
Sure is.
A few years ago the rule was you had to keep your home kit for 2 years - unless you changed sponsors or manufacture- but you could change away one every year. 3rd kits were very rare. I remember one year we wore our 3rd kit once maybe twice and even then we didnt need to.
Now they release 6 kits a year (home, away, 3rd, keepers x 3 (sometimes they just have 2) plus a whole new training range - now with added sponsor so that parents have to upgrade that as well.
Its all about money.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Does anyone know the likely changes in squad numbers?

I seem to recall Alisson's getting the no.1 and AOC is getting Sturridge's no.15.

What about TAA, is he going to get the no.2?
Just watch Fabinho take the #2. lol

I thought last summer Fabinho would take Mignolet's 22 if he left, but he obviously temporarily took the 3 (which I thought Robbo would get, maybe he gets it now if Fabinho changes this summer) and then stuck to it. I would've given Emre's (ex-Carra's) 23 to Trent (for now he's a boss RB in the making, but who knows where he ends up later in his career) last summer. About time he gets any normal number, I saw a lot of fans with Trent kits.

Ahmed Hussain

Sad guy with no life :(
New Balance kits in general have been pretty shit apart from the 17/18 kit. Looking forward to Nike, Adidas or whatever when the deal expires.

CanuckoLFC

Ghost in the Shell SAC
Surprised about the unhappiness about New Balance kit. At least, the LFC badge and the 96 are embroidered. 2018/2019 home kit is beautiful in my eyes, lots of fine details.

Looking forward to the 2019/2020 Henderson CF home shirt. It has just been shipped!

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
All personal taste but I find the New Balance home shirts some of the best we've ever had. Away, keeper and 3rd shirts have always been a bit hit and miss down the years due to not being red but NB have done some corkers there too. May have to get next years home keeper top for one, blacks a slimming colour after all haha.

Speckydodge

TIA Squad Member
Don't get the clamor for Adidas back either, ducked the club over and the current kits they're releasing are terrible.

CanuckoLFC

Ghost in the Shell SAC
Don't get the clamor for Adidas back either, ducked the club over and the current kits they're releasing are terrible.
And those tight fitted Pumas, Nahhh, definitely would look pretty bad for most with spare tires/gut buckets. Just look at last year's Gooners or this year's Crystal Palace fans lol

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
Not sure if anyone's seen this photo or if there is anything in it,but did anyone notice John Henry wearing an LFC/Adidas jacket on the Victory parade bus a few weeks back? is it an old jacket? has he had an LFC logo put on it himself? or is Adidas the new kit maker and he's been given a new jacket? bit of a strange one.

https://images.app.goo.gl/y5rDYFRLUnpV83Ke9

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
I was having a conversation with a work colleague today and was reminiscing about a time where we would swap kits every 2-3 years rather than every year. It was of course a time when there were no such thing as a 3rd kit.

Got me thinking that really this swapping kits every season (and swapping away kits and 3rd kits) is really just another way of mugging the football fan off.

How easy would it be to come up with an away kit that meant it was impossible to clash with ANY other club.

Obviously our away kit couldn’t be red... that’s the colour of our home kit and all we would need to do then is look at other clubs who play in red plus another colour... Southampton for example who play in red and white... so that would mean white would be off the table... and so on and so forth. Wouldn’t be difficult and would then basically mean that a 3rd kit would not be needed.

However with modern football the way it is... and looking to bleed the average man in the street dry from his hard earned cash football clubs seems happy to launch away kits that will 100% clash with 1 or 2 team kits to make sure that there is a need for a 3rd kit.

If my children each want a home shirt that’s £40 each.... and kids being kids will probably want the away shirt and the 3rd kit too. (When I was a kid I wanted every shirt I could get my hands on with our famous badge on). So in totally i end up spending £300 of football shirts, only for a new one to be launched in probably may which is 11 months away.

It’s a sad situation I think and yet again the exploitation of the football fan.

Modern football is awesome but it sure does have some fucking terrible parts :-(
eBay is your friend. Just got the lad his new Alisson black keeper kit for £12. It’s either a knock off or a reject, but he doesn’t know the difference. Looks authentic to me.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Not sure if anyone's seen this photo or if there is anything in it,but did anyone notice John Henry wearing an LFC/Adidas jacket on the Victory parade bus a few weeks back? is it an old jacket? has he had an LFC logo put on it himself? or is Adidas the new kit maker and he's been given a new jacket? bit of a strange one.

https://images.app.goo.gl/y5rDYFRLUnpV83Ke9
I guess it could be this.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
eBay is your friend. Just got the lad his new Alisson black keeper kit for £12. It’s either a knock off or a reject, but he doesn’t know the difference. Looks authentic to me.
Does it say Sandard Carted as the sponsor.

Anyhow I hope we don't go with Adidas, you never get anything as clean and as niche as those home kits we've had the last couple of seasons because everything has their three stripes and the away kit will just be someone's home kit from another club.

I've absolutely loved New Balance home kits in general, last years was a stonker, if we go with Nike I won't be too upset as they can produce some clean kits but please not Adidas, firstly their kits are shite and secondary they treated us like shite before we left them.

RedYank

You can pretty well bank it's from China. Ordered one myself from a site last year off ebay (at least it had the courtesy to tell me it was a knock off being made in China). Looked splendid-and I ordered it at the max size allowed figuring it would be 1 size smaller. Silly me, it was more like 3 sizes smaller. Returns are sketchy at best, and refunds? lol

Good thing you got it for your young lad--fits well, I would think.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
You can pretty well bank it's from China. Ordered one myself from a site last year off ebay (at least it had the courtesy to tell me it was a knock off being made in China). Looked splendid-and I ordered it at the max size allowed figuring it would be 1 size smaller. Silly me, it was more like 3 sizes smaller. Returns are sketchy at best, and refunds? lol

Good thing you got it for your young lad--fits well, I would think.
Always get them small for him. I’ve found they tend to be massive.

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member

I get your point, I remember having this conversation many many years ago where one mate was fuming about home kits changing EVERY season, and then same happened to away and 3rd kits. In the same conversation, another mate was moaning that LFC weren't commercially astute on the same level as Man Utd and we wanted to see the best players on the pitch. He was almost resigned that if we don't sort the commercial side out, we will never compete on the pitch.

So my kids who are now 19 and 16, have had a home kit all their lives - they've taken pics of them all laid out. They look impressive. I would tell you to make sure to keep them. In the last few years, they've managed to get the away and 3rd kits for presents - birthdays and xmas etc - I only buy them one shirt a season - and I've not bought a shirt myself for 10 years - but bought the current home shirt just before Madrid.

At the end of the day, its our choice whether we buy kits or not - but being a football fan is not cheap - even just to watch it on TV is expensive!
At the same time, if we want a new kit deal that breaks British kit record which it could given the growth in our club in the last few years.... then we need to sell our kit and have good numbers. Get that mega kit deal, and we sign the likes of Alisson over Tom Heaton.

richieh10

Ye I totally get it it’s just feels that we are being exploited as football fans over every little single thing for every last penny.

Just sucks... on the other hand I’ve just had a promotion in work so I’ll be checking that online shop out in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

CanuckoLFC

Ghost in the Shell SAC
Ye I totally get it it’s just feels that we are being exploited as football fans over every little single thing for every last penny.

Just sucks... on the other hand I’ve just had a promotion in work so I’ll be checking that online shop out in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
It is even more shocking that damn DHL charged 1/3 of price I paid for tax and brokerage. However, I don't think I have a choice since I want the kit with Champions League patch (the cup with the 6). TBH, I like the 2018/19 kit better.

Check out the UCL jacket too (that's my birthday gift. :celebrating:). Nice and clean, without the sponsors clutter: https://store.liverpoolfc.com/lfc-adults-ucl-champions-jacket/

Commando

Ad-free Member

RedYank

Didn't buy the '18-19 home shirt--not much for collars...but did buy the aforementioned way-too-small China knockoff away (thought the purple was boss). Very nice shirt, so gave it to the much smaller size pub master, who wears it all the time.

Going to go ahead and get the 19-20 home with a PL patch and Milner on back. We will win the league this year, and even though my favorite player won't be here in a few years, the PL championship and James Milner will be synonymously remembered in time to come.

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
It is even more shocking that damn DHL charged 1/3 of price I paid for tax and brokerage. However, I don't think I have a choice since I want the kit with Champions League patch (the cup with the 6). TBH, I like the 2018/19 kit better.

Check out the UCL jacket too (that's my birthday gift. :celebrating:). Nice and clean, without the sponsors clutter: https://store.liverpoolfc.com/lfc-adults-ucl-champions-jacket/
Not bad for £70, given how much a shirt costs!