• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

New Balance kits

richieh10

I don’t get all the hate for NB... I’ve liked them making our shirts and the move to the darker shade of red was genius.... personally I don’t want us going back to the lighter shade.

The away and 3rd kits are always a bit hit and miss but that’s what away kits are supposed to be isn’t it. Totally different to what we would normally wear - ie red!

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Does anyone know the likely changes in squad numbers?

I seem to recall Alisson's getting the no.1 and AOC is getting Sturridge's no.15.

What about TAA, is he going to get the no.2?
Alisson and AOC's change of squad numbers has been confirmed:

I expect the others will remain the same otherwise the club would surely have said...

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Those two numbers were free for next season. I don't think they'd take the #2 off Clyne while he's still here (you never know what can happen in the next month). Maybe one or two still decide to change (and do the refund for fans) when we sell a few more players.

richieh10

Anybody got this season home shirt in the long sleeve option.

Been waiting for the L Champions League shirt to come in for ages now and may just bite the bullet and get the long sleeve version

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Yeah leave numbers be if they don't vacate, who was our number 1 then? Bogdan? or Have I missed Karius leaving?

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Yeah, the club obviously don't count on him anymore. He's still on a 2-year loan at Besiktas and then next summer we'll sell him (when he'll have a year left on our deal). On the other hand, I don't think the club would use Grujic's #16 (maybe only in a special situation) if they have it as a possibility that he might return next summer to be part of our first team.

richieh10

On the subject of kits I been trying to get the home European kit with the champions league badges... sold
Out in every size other than small...

Taken ages to come back in

Speckydodge

TIA Squad Member
anybody know where you can get Jurgens cap he's been wearing 2 variants of all last season and had the wine one on at Tranmere, impossible to find anywhere.

CanuckoLFC

Ghost in the Shell SAC
anybody know where you can get Jurgens cap he's been wearing 2 variants of all last season and had the wine one on at Tranmere, impossible to find anywhere.
If it is the 2018/19 Klopp's cap that you are looking for (see link below), it's listed as out of stock from the store. I cannot find it anywhere else on eBay, Amazon, Sport Chek, or a few other online stores :-(. I'm looking for one as well.
https://store.liverpoolfc.com/lfc-klopp-cap-red-1819/

Alright Now

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Thank f*ck they changed our socks today, plain red. Obviously we told them that they're not only awful looking (they were already last season, but this season they took it to a new level, I don't know who had that bloody idea), but could create issues with the ref as taping needs to be the same colour as the socks for a good few years now, almost a decade. Created a bloody mess, some players looking like they have red socks, other in white. Don't know if they do it with the other two kits, but I don't care much about those. That huge white bit was a punch in the eye, now our home kit is gorgeous from top to bottom.

treboeth

Thank f*ck they changed our socks today, plain red. Obviously we told them that they're not only awful looking (they were already last season, but this season they took it to a new level, I don't know who had that bloody idea), but could create issues with the ref as taping needs to be the same colour as the socks for a good few years now, almost a decade. Created a bloody mess, some players looking like they have red socks, other in white. Don't know if they do it with the other two kits, but I don't care much about those. That huge white bit was a punch in the eye, now our home kit is gorgeous from top to bottom.
Hopefully they change their socks everyday ;-)

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
Thank you! I've always been a gear junkie and I wanted to post a similar thought, but didn't want it to sound petty. The white bottom socks made me absolutely crazy and looked ridiculous. Even if the club was set on having 2 color socks, White bottom matches no design principles in history. Just an awful look on every level imaginable. Glad to see they were all red today. Rinsola Babajide, on our LFC women's team, wears hers so low that it was only red anyway, looked so much better than the rest of the side.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Strange....I swear that I saw some players still wearing the socks with lots of whites, while some looked pinkish, as if the red dye came off and made the whitey bits pink.
That's because some players cut the red sock pretty high, leave their normal sock below (which is usually white) and then use tape to keep it nice and tight between the red and white. In a friendly it's more relaxed, it might happen in official games sometimes probably depending on the ref, but the main thing is that our sock is back to being plain red (of course, we don't mind a bit of white detail, but use it at the top of the sock, not at the bottom).

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Ad-free Member
Back to the half-white socks last night. Not a fan.

LuisSuarez

TIA Reserve Team
Does anyone own the "Elite" jersey? I know it supposed to fit tighter, but how much tighter are we saying here?