• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

New Balance kits

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
On the socks...

It looks like we'll them wear red in Europe, possibly in the cups, but not in the league (they will still have the awful white bottom bit).

Scott Jones

Blunt
Ad-free Member
From the Twitter Rumours - TWEETS ONLY. NO DISCUSSION thread

I guess that we can say goodbye to embroidered LFC badge on the kit. Nike will probably go with the maximum profit and go with pressed/glued badge, or worse, printed badge.
Charge us £100 for it as well,NB have done some terrific shirts so personally i'm fucking gutted

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
Not at all surprising Nike won the deal. All the Club (and Market) conditions were perfectly aligned for this to happen. I have already seen designers renditions and prototypes today that look better than what I've ever seen Nike create. Would be interesting if they take some cues from the public.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Certainly not a Nike type of guy (and doubt I'll buy any of that stuff), but f*ck it, I'm all for it. We're one of the few top footballing brands and they're one of even fewer top brands. Was only a matter of time before they got their chance with us. This time it's the opposite it seems, Adidas over at United and Nike with us. We're back in the conversation for major things on and off the pitch, so we need to maximize it. Deals like these, new training ground, further development of Anfield. We're finally making steps we should've made years/decades ago. Would be a brilliant deal for the club. Though a lot of their kits are simple (it will work well with our all red first kit), I find a lot of them too minimalistic, almost like a copy/paste from club to club every season. Agree on the badge though, hopefully they don't ruin it too much. Also, currently 10 of our senior players wear Nike boots (8 with Adidas, a few with Puma and Trent is with Under Armour).

So next season it's Nike on the left, LFC on the right and the Club World Cup golden badge in the middle.

:)

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Ad-free Member
Certainly not a Nike type of guy (and doubt I'll buy any of that stuff), but f*ck it, I'm all for it. We're one of the few top footballing brands and they're one of even fewer top brands. Was only a matter of time before they got their chance with us. This time it's the opposite it seems, Adidas over at United and Nike with us. We're back in the conversation for major things on and off the pitch, so we need to maximize it. Deals like these, new training ground, further development of Anfield. We're finally making steps we should've made years/decades ago. Would be a brilliant deal for the club. Though a lot of their kits are simple (it will work well with our all red first kit), I find a lot of them too minimalistic, almost like a copy/paste from club to club every season. Agree on the badge though, hopefully they don't ruin it too much. Also, currently 10 of our senior players wear Nike boots (8 with Adidas, a few with Puma and Trent is with Under Armour).

So next season it's Nike on the left, LFC on the right and the Club World Cup golden badge in the middle.
And Mbappe on the back :thumbright:

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
A few years ago I’d have loved a Nike kit but not so much now. All their kits are the same for every team. They use the same template. I’ve liked the NB kits with the exception of one - think it was the 14/15 kit. The all red one two years before was lovely. This seasons home kit is nice as well.

But if Nike want to pay the most and it funds the club to buy Mbappe next summer I’m all for it.

Speckydodge

TIA Squad Member
A few years ago I’d have loved a Nike kit but not so much now. All their kits are the same for every team. They use the same template. I’ve liked the NB kits with the exception of one - think it was the 14/15 kit. The all red one two years before was lovely. This seasons home kit is nice as well.

But if Nike want to pay the most and it funds the club to buy Mbappe next summer I’m all for it.

The Air Jordan PSG stuff they did was nice in fairness.

JibJab

Mo Mane Mo' Problems
Pardon me if this has been mentioned already, but these kits just seem to soak up sweat. The players look drenched 15 minutes into the game.

Pins88

I can't see nike charging £100 a shirt. Tottenham shirts are still only £60 and with the bigger fan base they will clearly make their money back especially if the Mbappe deal happens.

How many shirts would he sell alone next season?

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
I can't see nike charging £100 a shirt. Tottenham shirts are still only £60 and with the bigger fan base they will clearly make their money back especially if the Mbappe deal happens.

How many shirts would he sell alone next season?
I’d imagine, even if he did do a bit of shop front publicity it’d just be handing over just the one or two, he wouldn’t be left alone that’s for sure.

It’s also ‘when’.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Is this already confirmed? Maybe it's a move from the club to see if others raise to Nike's offer and match their bid? For it's improved global reach to potential consumers, it would probably be a good thing for the club if it happens. On the commercial side, it would be a plus. Probably. It could also possibly grease the wheels for some high-profile transfers in the future.

For the rest, let's see. Not convinced at all that Nike will produce good shirts for an affordable price, or that they will care about the fans. And honestly, their general profile (greedy US corporation, known for maximising profit by exploiting adults and also children in workshops in third world countries) doesn't match LFC's at all.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
Is this already confirmed? Maybe it's a move from the club to see if others raise to Nike's offer and match their bid? For it's improved global reach to potential consumers, it would probably be a good thing for the club if it happens. On the commercial side, it would be a plus. Probably. It could also possibly grease the wheels for some high-profile transfers in the future.

For the rest, let's see. Not convinced at all that Nike will produce good shirts for an affordable price, or that they will care about the fans. And honestly, their general profile (greedy US corporation, known for maximising profit by exploiting adults and also children in workshops in third world countries) doesn't match LFC's at all.
I think though at the levels we are looking at NB may simply be out of their league. 6bill revenue v's 36bil for Nike..

igor_piss_can

What's the deal about Nike charging £100 for a top? Is this the going rate now? I don't wear football shirts but I just presumed they cost around the £50 mark

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
What's the deal about Nike charging £100 for a top? Is this the going rate now? I don't wear football shirts but I just presumed cos around the £50 mark
They don’t, standard top is about £50-60 (for an adult).

Retro Helix

I really like the NB kits. They have clean, modern designs and give us a 'unique' look compared to other teams. If the Nike deal does go through, I hope they stick with the current deep red colour for the home shirt. Design wise, they must absolutely not use the same generic look like all the other teams.