• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

New Balance kits

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
I just hope they keep the darker red colour that we have now. Such a lovely colour.
Agreed, I love the darker red. The shade used on the 125th kit is my favourite. The look of that is really classy.

I’ll also say again (then I promise I’ll give it a rest) if any Nike reps are reading this, I hope the 3rd next year is GREEN!

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
The shade used on the 125th kit is my favourite. The look of that is really classy.
That 17/18 kit is probably my favourite NB/Warrior kit looking back at all of them, hands down. Just brilliant, it screams LFC from top to bottom.

I think the 18/19 one was an even darker shade. I don't mind a lighter shade than that, just want a nice design.

LuisSuarez

TIA Reserve Team
http://instagr.am/p/B7BnhJ-gyCU/
I don't know how I feel about the Lebron James x Liverpool concept coming out soon...I love it because it's going to draw in a lot of money but now we are going to have fake fans/bandwagon fans/people who have no idea about Liverpool wearing our apparel!

Rewood1104

I have just had my first jolly to America and amazing it was. Did a good bit of Florida. A lot of my two weeks was structured around fitting it our games on telly! I have to say though, my thoughts now are that I'm anything but convinced that there is a huge market out there waiting to be be tapped in to. Maybe I was just in one small state and my time was limited, but Liverpool, and indeed Premiership football, just was not on the radar at all. Indeed, the Tottenham game was on the telly but they cut to the game at kick off and switched off at the final whistle. There was no build up anywhere on the telly or in the pubs/areas that I visited (and these were certainly not the tourist areas). NFL and a bit of basketball was all that mattered and these were everywhere and huge.

I also did Thailand a couple of years ago and that too was odd as far as supporting Premiership football teams was concerned. There was deffo more support there, but it felt a bit false. A bit Belieber like.

It seems this deal will bring in money, but I'm now completely convinced by it all.

RedYank

I have just had my first jolly to America and amazing it was. Did a good bit of Florida. A lot of my two weeks was structured around fitting it our games on telly! I have to say though, my thoughts now are that I'm anything but convinced that there is a huge market out there waiting to be be tapped in to. Maybe I was just in one small state and my time was limited, but Liverpool, and indeed Premiership football, just was not on the radar at all. Indeed, the Tottenham game was on the telly but they cut to the game at kick off and switched off at the final whistle. There was no build up anywhere on the telly or in the pubs/areas that I visited (and these were certainly not the tourist areas). NFL and a bit of basketball was all that mattered and these were everywhere and huge.

I also did Thailand a couple of years ago and that too was odd as far as supporting Premiership football teams was concerned. There was deffo more support there, but it felt a bit false. A bit Belieber like.

It seems this deal will bring in money, but I'm now completely convinced by it all.
It's getting there here little by little, mate. Small case in point: our local LFC chapter has had a large increase in attendance over the last 5 years--and much of it before the prior two seasons. The success perhaps has added some, but overall interest--especially from the 20's/millennials groups--has been noticeable. At our two pubs, we average 75 per match (capacities only 100 at each). May not seem like much, however this area is totally dominated by big-time college football.

To your point, as to the apparent lukewarm American reception to the PL: again, this country has no roots in world footy. There has been a massive growth in participation in the past several decades to be sure, but it has not really taken root in the everyday consciousness of the sport public--yet. NBCSN has done a wonderful job getting the PL actually being a regular fixture on US telly. The growth of PL-centric pubs is on the rise. It's getting there, slow but sure.

All that said... I do not EVER want to see LeBron James wearing our colors! :eek:

RedYank

Why not? He is a minority shareholder in the Club and isn't he also supposed to be one of Nike's main selling points when it comes to marketing us?
Personal dislike for the LeBron persona. He's a good fella away from the bright lights--being from Ohio like me, I have seen him since his high school days. However, year after year of having this created Superman image jammed down one's throat, has made him an anti-hero...to me anyways.

More than the persona really, I just simply loathe Nike--and that goes far beyond LeBron.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
I just bought mine online today. Hopefully I get it next week sometime....still can't believe they are sold out of the away jerseys and goalkeeper home jerseys....guess we won't have to worry about this happening once Nike takes over.
Have they ever actually had the home keeper shirt in stock?

JibJab

Mo Mane Mo' Problems
They usually do offer pretty good pregame and postgame coverage on NBCSN - especially on Saturdays. Usually an hour pregame and an hour postgame. NBC proper usually only hosts the match-of-the-week, and yes, they cut directly to and from the match because the pre-and-post-match coverage is on another network.

I actually think the coverage of the sport has increased dramatically over the last decade in the States. It absolutely cannot compete with the NFL/NBA/MLB/NHL or college basketball/football, but it's hard to expect it to when the best clubs are on another continent and playing at times that are inconvenient to fans in the States. But that doesn't mean there is a lack of interest - many of the sports fans in my social circle have favorite European clubs and players, and social media has made the sport more accessible than ever. And yes, I think NBC does a solid job covering the EPL, generally. Turner does a crappy job with the UCL, though - I wish NBC or ESPN won those bids.

MLS also has a foothold in the cities that have teams - with some pretty passionate supporters - but I don't have a local MLS club so I've never really gotten into it. Plus, it's hard to watch because the quality of the play is much lower than it is other parts of the world.

But to put it bluntly, there is more discussion of world football in the States than there has been at any point in my lifetime. And I think it'll keep growing as more major network partners pick up the various European leagues and competitions.