• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Nicolas Isimat-Mirin (CD) Valenciennes

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmydestiny

In between the lines
I agree that both Agger and Skrtel are two good enough defenders but I also argue that the two of them together doesn't work very well at times.

Actually, I think that could be said of our back 4, all of them good enough players. Individual mistakes will happen and with us that means the opposition scores.

A boss is needed at the back, could be a new keeper, a new CB.
Im not sure, I see Agger developing into the controlling one of the pair at the back. He is always talking to everyone around him. Future captain material IMO.

Macedonian_Red

Banned Users
Sebastián Coates may be allowed to leave Liverpool on loan in the transfer window providing there is necessary cover for Martin Skrtl and Daniel Agger, Rodgers has confirmed. He said: "It's been difficult for him to get games. The best thing for Sebastián will be to go out and play some games."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/04/steven-gerrard-liverpool-mansfield

jimmydestiny

In between the lines
Im not sure that this should just be posted here! Seems Coates is on route out. I would suggest that it isnt a terrible decision. If you are going to favour Carra over him, then I think it might be time to show him the door for a while. He isnt learning a huge amount of new things by simply training. A lad of his age needs games. Preferably in England.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
RedFromNZ ‏@RedFromNZ

@LaurensJulien Hi Julien, Happy New Year mate. Would be interested to hear your thoughts on LFC target Nicolas Isimat-Mirin. Cheers!
Expand

24m Julien Laurens Julien Laurens ‏@LaurensJulien

@RedFromNZ hi mate, I'm a big fan of him. Strong, clever, good in the air, reads the game well. he isv promising

lougehrig

TIA Youth Team
Reminds of Caulker who played well for Swansea in the second half of last season. Now he's an England international and playing regularly for Spurs. Sign him, let Coates out on loan then keep or sell him in the summer. Smart overall.

S

Sgt. Pepper

as a moderator I'm telling you to mind your tone when addressing other posters in the future. No one comes here to read insults.
I'll tell you what, when people will stop patronizing when they read something they disagree with I'll stop commenting in a deserving manner.

grooveshark

Banned Users
I'm happy to admit when our players get overrated.

Johnson makes mistakes which cost goals, granted. Yet I've never seen him get completely dominated like Walker and Rafael have. Think it was Walker vs United last season that sticks out in my mind, and Rafael vs Reading this season (where he had to be dragged off within half an hour was it?)

Not going to bother arguing the rest because if you think either of them are on the same level on Johnson then you've clearly got some sort of agenda, or you're just trolling. Hard to choose between the two given your posting history.
I would rather have a player i could rely on most days and have a howler on one or two occasions every season than a player that is prone to mistakes that eventually lead to goals.Johnson is great going forward, like Alves at Barcelona, he just doesnt have the defensive system to help cover his liabilities or switching off sessions that he has during games. I personally would take Walker, Rafael, Zabaleta, Jenkinson, Smalling, Sagna, Richards, Ivanovic ahead of him.

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
So, no matter how much some of you troll and get off topic, there is always the "Delete" button for mods to take care of that, as you can see. Stay on topic, it's not that hard. It's Christmas in my country and I'm feeling generous rather than cocky.

Anyway, rumour has surfaced that WBA are interested in getting him on loan. Thing is that Olsson is a target for West Ham, so a space may open up for Coates to play in first team there and, in turn, a space may open up for Isimat-Mirin, especially as LFC would free some wages, get a loan fee etc. That could be a decent move.

I also bumped into this article, I don't see it posted here:

http://soccernet.esp...k/id/95?cc=5739

S

Sgt. Pepper

So, no matter how much some of you troll and get off topic, there is always the "Delete" button for mods to take care of that, as you can see. Stay on topic, it's not that hard.
Thank you for reminding me why I hate internet forums. In real life you wouldn't stop a discussion if you swerved off topic. In this twisted little world not only it must stop it must also be deleted. It is the most offensive and disrespectful way of telling someone to shut up. So there, you got your wish. You can also delete my user as well.

It's such a shame that contribution here is measured by the number of people agreeing or clicking 'like' or staying on topic. I think it's time to re-evaluate your priorities.

Nikola

Admin
Thank you for reminding me why I hate internet forums. In real life you wouldn't stop a discussion if you swerved off topic. In this twisted little world not only it must stop it must also be deleted. It is the most offensive and disrespectful way of telling someone to shut up. So there, you got your wish. You can also delete my user as well.

It's such a shame that contribution here is measured by the number of people agreeing or clicking 'like' or staying on topic. I think it's time to re-evaluate your priorities.
If you hate Internet forums, why do you participate in one? I hate when real life discussions stray off-topic but I never managed to participate in one that can be heard or joined in by, what, almost 7,500 people who are registered here. Here I'm privileged to help keep things organised.

You had Johnson's player thread, didn't you? We try to keep things here organised, so there is no need to victimise yourself. If you want to discuss something on these boards, I'm sure that there are plenty of threads where you can please your desire to discuss a certain topic. By the way, this is not meant specifically for you but for anyone taking part in this forum.

Staying on topic is not only a way to keep things here tidy but also civil. I for one was enraged that this discussion wasn't confined to a thread designated for that player, established ten years ago by the likes of Matt, ubermick and Dragonshadow. I thought that someone will say "OK, we're being impolite here, let's carry this to proper thread" but no one did that, did they?

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Ad-free Member
Actually nik someone did point out that the discussion would have been better off in the Johnson thread. I also fail to see how your above post has anything to do with Nicolas Isimat-Mirin so you can't be that 'enraged' that the discussion has gone off topic, you're only encouraging it further.

RedSeven

On the one road
Ad-free Member
Actually nik someone did point out that the discussion would have been better off in the Johnson thread. I also fail to see how your above post has anything to do with Nicolas Isimat-Mirin so you can't be that 'enraged' that the discussion has gone off topic, you're only encouraging it further.
I thought i did but i can't seem to find the post now.I think i'm going slightly mad.Maybe it was a different player.Can't find it anywhere though.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
I thought i did but i can't seem to find the post now.I think i'm going slightly mad.Maybe it was a different player.Can't find it anywhere though.
You did, and it was this thread. It may have been one Nikola has deleted.Havent heard much more on this being a goer. most of the links now suggest he stays in france (although there was one to Newcastle lol )

Nikola

Admin
Apparently, they have another talented central defender who is from Brazil and is homesick and will return to his homeland in January, which makes any deal for Mirin a bit difficult.

BrazilianRed

Apparently, they have another talented central defender who is from Brazil and is homesick and will return to his homeland in January, which makes any deal for Mirin a bit difficult.
If I'm not mistaken, it's Gil you're talking about. He used to play for my team in Brazil. He's good, but I don't really rate him that high. I'd expect Isimat-Mirin to be way much better than him.

REDSkins

TIA Youth Team
Indeed, it is Gil, as I mentioned earlier in the thread (Post #6). Gil's transfer back to Brazil is already completed, I think, and he's been replaced by a 20 year old.

We don't really need this player right now anyway, so some kind of pre-agreement that allows him to stay in France until the season ends would seem sensible for both clubs. Unless we (or Seba himself) are desperate to send Coates on loan, so we need to get in another body.

I guess Valenciennes do have a couple of older experienced CBs they can turn to (I have no clue about their current squad/injury issues though), but just wonder if they won't try and hold out till summer. Surely we have to pay over the odds to get him now? Guess it's worth it if we are worried about sharks circling in summer.

Right now it still looks like we only have to "beat off" Newcastle and maaaaybe PSG for his signature.

You think Le Tallec is putting in a good word for us? :D

Upstate_Chad

TIA Youth Team
Based on Coates performance last weekend, I am beginning to lose hope that he will be the class defender that some are still envisioning. For being as large as he is, he puts himself in bad positions to defend. Frequently making lunging efforts that look clumsy and last ditch, he will continue to get called for fouls. Also, for being as tall as he is, he should never lose a 50-50 header, yet I constantly see exactly that.

Agger is definitley a future captain. Once Carra, Reina and SG are out, Agger is the next man standing. I like the pairing of Agger and Skrtel, but I do think that Skrtel can get over ambitious when his right flank is not protected. He needs to play within himself.

As for Mirin, he looks to be a good player who is more athletic than Coates, and could partner well with either Agger or Skrtel.

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
General assessments of this fella is that he is lacking in genuine quality and tends to struggle against the stronger sides in the French league

So tbh I would rather we stuck with Coates in the long run or thought about Kelly as well for next season. Not convinced seeing our defensive displays this season that we know what a good defender is these days either come to that

I suppose he wouldn't be first choice but not sure he will be that much of an improvement depth wise either. As it stands I would give it one star for 'don't bother'

It's another buy that the feeling isn't quite right about it. Been rather a lot of those, though it's looking outside the usual places. Don't really like buying squad players generally. First teamers should be the main focus instead of swapping around back up players or recruiting maybe options

If we were talking about an upgrade to Skrtel then fine, think we cold potentially upgrade there in the long run, but that's not really what we are looking at again here. We need to am a bit higher IMO. I don't think it's a buy that threatens the closed shop that is our first choice CB pairing who have proved a bit flawed under the new regime

Need to see more buys where established players are pushed for their places. Sturridge for instance will do that. But less sure about Ince, Mirin etc that they would be ale to fit straight in to the team in the event of injury or loss of form. Some of our players are a bit too safe in their positions and signings like this are unlikely to change that situation.

Upgrades. Upgrades. Upgrades.....if there is one thing I am not too sure on about Rodgers, it may be the level of player he is able to recruit on a consistent basis. May get the odd good one but it could be a wee bit patchy, especially at the back. Defensive organisation wasn't always the best at Swansea when he was there and what he sees as 'exciting' may not be what a top level club would deem so. Borini for example, he could in time be a decent Kuyt type workhorse but exciting he is not and probably never will be. So am a bit wary tbh

SGM

TIA Legend
General assessments of this fella is that he is lacking in genuine quality and tends to struggle against the stronger sides in the French league

So tbh I would rather we stuck with Coates in the long run or thought about Kelly as well for next season. Not convinced seeing our defensive displays this season that we know what a good defender is these days either come to that

I suppose he wouldn't be first choice but not sure he will be that much of an improvement depth wise either. As it stands I would give it one star for 'don't bother'

It's another buy that the feeling isn't quite right about it. Been rather a lot of those, though it's looking outside the usual places. Don't really like buying squad players generally. First teamers should be the main focus instead of swapping around back up players or recruiting maybe options

If we were talking about an upgrade to Skrtel then fine, think we cold potentially upgrade there in the long run, but that's not really what we are looking at again here. We need to am a bit higher IMO. I don't think it's a buy that threatens the closed shop that is our first choice CB pairing who have proved a bit flawed under the new regime

Need to see more buys where established players are pushed for their places. Sturridge for instance will do that. But less sure about Ince, Mirin etc that they would be ale to fit straight in to the team in the event of injury or loss of form. Some of our players are a bit too safe in their positions and signings like this are unlikely to change that situation.

Upgrades. Upgrades. Upgrades.....if there is one thing I am not too sure on about Rodgers, it may be the level of player he is able to recruit on a consistent basis. May get the odd good one but it could be a wee bit patchy, especially at the back. Defensive organisation wasn't always the best at Swansea when he was there and what he sees as 'exciting' may not be what a top level club would deem so. Borini for example, he could in time be a decent Kuyt type workhorse but exciting he is not and probably never will be. So am a bit wary tbh
I think this post is ridiculous rich.

We are not in a position to upgrade our starting 11 unless we pick up old vets who might be available looking for one final pay day (Sneijder). Club obviously doesn't like that road because you might end up with Joe Cole. Also, that road could stifle the pipeline for improving players. We have to start developing our own talent, that will be a huge part of Rodgers responsiblities in these next couple of seasons. To me the goal seems long term targets, and let the squad battle for spots. Skrtel and Agger is a great partnership, although Skrtel has had some stinkers lately, he is a top 10 CB in the league. Also, CB partnerships are more important than individual in my opinion.

I agree with the club strategy of developing stars rather than buying stop gaps as upgrades. What happens when we get into the champions league I have no idea in terms of club strategy but some new doors will be blown wide open. I don't see Rodgers as unable to recruit top players (club is unable to in its current position), I think this is an overall club strategy. Might be a little patchy but every managers transfer record is. But if you hit a couple of home runs, sky is the limit.

Second thing is you based the entire thing from a couple of second hand assessments.

I see so far why you wouldn't be excited about Borini, but he has only played a handful of games with a team that was adapting to a new system. Should take a little time.

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.

We are not in a position to upgrade our starting 11 unless we pick up old vets who might be available looking for one final pay day (Sneijder). Club obviously doesn't like that road because you might end up with Joe Cole. Also, that road could stifle the pipeline for improving players. We have to start developing our own talent, that will be a huge part of Rodgers responsiblities in these next couple of seasons. To me the goal seems long term targets, and let the squad battle for spots. Skrtel and Agger is a great partnership, although Skrtel has had some stinkers lately, he is a top 10 CB in the league. Also, CB partnerships are more important than individual in my opinion.

I agree with the club strategy of developing stars rather than buying stop gaps as upgrades. What happens when we get into the champions league I have no idea in terms of club strategy but some new doors will be blown wide open. I don't see Rodgers as unable to recruit top players (club is unable to in its current position), I think this is an overall club strategy. Might be a little patchy but every managers transfer record is. But if you hit a couple of home runs, sky is the limit.

Second thing is you based the entire thing from a couple of second hand assessments.

I see so far why you wouldn't be excited about Borini, but he has only played a handful of games with a team that was adapting to a new system. Should take a little time.
I am afraid a number of our first team players are a bit over rated. Or living on the back of past reputations

People go on about how good the Agger/SKrtel partnership is. It's not that good really. It has been bullied on a regular basis by any striker with above average pace and physicality. The likes of Benteke, Carlton Cole and John Walters are hardly DIdier Drogba but the effect on several occasions has been much the same. Our CM also, it's nothing special. Age and injury have lessened the powers of a couple of our stalwarts there. I think our keeper is also lacking mobility and motivation

One thing we shouldn't forget is that the spine of this team has been regulars in a side which has been finishing for the past 3 seasons in mid table positions. If their reputations were as good as they think then would feel they wold be a little bit more consistent than they are

As it is, they are not being seriously challenged for their spots. I think Sturridge may be the one signing we have made so far who looks to be someone who can hold down a spot in the side. Te rest are a bit much of a muchness, a bottleneck of players of similar ages and levels of ability

This particular signing may end up being another that is essentially no better than what we already have, even in reserve, which is why it's a bit meh for me

I think we can be a bit more adventurous. There is some quality in this team among the over rated players. Suarez for one, Gerrards reputation still stands up. Sterling also I think has real promise and is making people sit up and take notice. But some of the rest are coasting a little and maybe need pushing a bit harder. Also by restricting ourselves to certain parameters we are running the risk of getting ourselves in to an Arsenal kind of twilight zone where those that do become established and reach a level of quality get bored of waiting for the rest of the team to catch up to their level

Team for me is a bit lightweight. In terms of both mentality and physicality. Would like us to sign a couple of commanding players for the spine. In some ways that's where Spurs have done well, signed a few good players there in Dembele and Vertonghen and appear also to be looking at the likes of Damiao and Moutinho to add a bit of quality in. Even Dempsey as a player is quite resilient if not lavishly talented. Not sure we are quite on the same page there yet and this team may continue to suffer at the hands of physical sides or sides with pace in attack as a consequence. Needs a bit of kick, bollock and bite as well as talent, a couple of talented but spiky/tough buggers. Trouble with too many younger players is that they may have some skill about them but a number are also about 8 stone wringing wet. Balance of youth and experience with physical resilience gets you places here

It does feel like a arsenal sort of template is being followed. But Wenger had his greatest success there when he had a few big tough ugly bastards or genuine hard cases like Campbell, Adams, Vieira, Wright and Bergkamp, plus the goal filling Seaman. even the likes of Petit, Henry and Pires could handle the rough stuff. When they all fucked off, so did the trophies. Lesson to be learned. He also made quite a few of these types of signings but they didn't quite work for him after that point. I happen to feel Rodgers teams could suffer from similar problems I.e. when the going gets tough, the tough hide under the table, as we move forward. Unfortunately as Wenger rather belatedly realized, if your team gets too top heavy with inexperienced players and 'prospects' they can get the shit kicked out of them a bit too often to compete properly with the big boys

Is the same with Man U. At the time when their golden generation of kids that dominated the next 2 decades were coming through, they had a few big personalities and bovver boys as well. Hughes, McClair, Keane, schmeichel, Cantona, Bruce, Ince, Robson etc. Them fuckers feared no one. Thats what we don't have and I am afraid we don't seem to be recruiting. It is not so much a missing piece, its half the damn jigsaw but not sure FSG or Rodgers see it yet

RedSeven

On the one road
Ad-free Member
Sice FSG look like they want to go down the route of not paying out big fees or wages,would a swap involving Carroll and Tiote be something we should try.Physically he is strong,mantality the same but does he have the required quality.

Lucas

Sice FSG look like they want to go down the route of not paying out big fees or wages,would a swap involving Carroll and Tiote be something we should try.Physically he is strong,mantality the same but does he have the required quality.
Averages a yellow card every 0.5 games! I'd rather have someone who can keep a cool head

RedSeven

On the one road
Ad-free Member
Averages a yellow card every 0.5 games! I'd rather have someone who can keep a cool head
That is one of the things to take into consideration.Why i don't have him in my fantasy football team:)

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
Think Tiote may be just a little bit too much of a yard dog. Ben Arfa or Cabaye part exchange could be worth a look though...

Never seems to happen like that but think Newcastle really miss those players when they are out and they would add to our options

I think we have a good spread of kids already, we need perhaps a few more established options now IMO

gr_sounder

How can you average a yellow card every 0.5 games? That's the same as averaging 2 yellows per game which would mean being ejected every time he tries to play a full match?

Lucas

How can you average a yellow card every 0.5 games? That's the same as averaging 2 yellows per game which would mean being ejected every time he tries to play a full match?
Oops, thanks for pointing that out! I meant his yellow card ratio is 0.5 :p

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"

(...)I see so far why you wouldn't be excited about Borini, but he has only played a handful of games with a team that was adapting to a new system. Should take a little time.
I think it could also be said the same to what we are doing right now, being ridiculous. We are looking to ship out Coates because the manager doesn't think he is good enough, even though in games he played he did rather what was expected of him as a young centerback, defend well. But we want to ship him out anyway, because he does not fit into the system supposedly, and to look at buying this fella because he apparently suits the system

If we get this fella, and he didn't fit right in what are we going to say? Oh give him time because he needs to learn the new system the team he is now in and/or use. Same like your comment on Borini, he needs a little time. While having patience for a player is well and good, then why can't we have a little patience for Coates?

We seems happy to give time to selective players, players that was handpicked by the new manager and regime, one that now showed they didn't do such a great job in their recruitment process. Yet, those that was recruited before his time should be shipped out. They don't warrant the same length of period that is now being given to the players mentioned, they don't need a little time.

To me this would be another mistake if we were to go ahead and buy this player. Coates played for his national team against the likes of Messi and Co, while this Mirin fella is still playing against kids (U-21). They are 1 year apart and French league defending isn't exactly top notch when you saw Joe Cole taking them on last season, like he was still 26.

In terms of performance, Coates edged him with a goal for his first team appearance for his national squad, while Mirin has none. For club, Mirin has 1 goal in 31 games while Coates made his mark in the league with only 10 games played. So why send Coates out while buying this fella? I just don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.