• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Nicolas Pépé (RW) Lille OSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
I don't get this 'awful installement offer' i mean €80 million is just that installements or not. Don't most clubs pay by installements for these hefty sums?
There’s instalments and instalments.
So odd that arsenal have money for this but not Zaha. Unless they’re bluffing with the we have no cash line.

Chrenyan

I was a bit worried about these links because I couldn't see us signing another speedy, left footed, goal scoring, right winger without us selling the one we've got. Looks like he plays in exactly the same space as Salah
In before the lock... To say these are my sentiments exactly! The position we really need cover for is Mane's. I wonder if our vehement denial that we were interested in him means we are interested in a player from one of the 4 clubs said to have submitted bids...

Meanwhile, it appears Crystal Palace's reward for valuing Zaha like they have has been to enable Lille to shift Pepe...

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Ad-free Member
My immediate thought was that Lyon may have agreed to recieve the payments evenly over the whole of the five year deal (instead of the more common 3 years?).

Alternatively, with the Zaha deal, i wonder if the sticking point was with Utd - and whether they could demand their % of the deal paid in one go, rather than as a share of each instalment as and when paid.
I think Lyon will be delighted to be getting any money at all from this deal. Lille will be gutted, mind.

Flobs

FADA
There’s instalments and instalments.
So odd that arsenal have money for this but not Zaha. Unless they’re bluffing with the we have no cash line.
So I take it you have details of the installement programme. So what is it and what would it have been if Zaha had been bought?

As for Zaha how where the negociations going?

It's on thing to speculate another to make statements without foundation.

Just because we haven't spent any money this window doesn't mean we haven't got any, for example.

LFCFFC

You'd think if they had €80m to spend in the first place they might try and fix the defense a touch more.

But hey, good job Arsenal! You do you.

GaryBarlow99

Of all the teams I thought he might go to Arsenal was bottom of that list. No Champions League, fuck all money to spend, already got Auba and Lacazette and a defence to fix. Crazy signing really.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
You'd think if they had €80m to spend in the first place they might try and fix the defense a touch more.

But hey, good job Arsenal! You do you.
Going down the Brendon route. Fuck defending!

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
I think the reason Arsenal have probably gone for Pepe over Zaha is down to the repayment fee's,ok they would have to pay both off in yearly installments but for arguements sake,Lille have probably accepted £20mill over 4 years where as Palace probably wanted a lot more upfront and over less time,seeing as they'd owe United a % of the sale,plus also need funds to find a replacement.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
Pepe must like playing football on a Thursday in middle of nowhere.

I couldn’t give fuck about this one. Never heard of him.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
Why on earth do we give a f**k about Arsenal signing a player that we didn't want?

Journo's close to the club have all said from time to time that Liverpool had no interest whatsoever in Pepe. It looks as though they were right.
Exactly.
Twitters is meltdown.
I’m just laughing. If people choose to believe people like Grizzkahn, Indy killa or Graeme Kelly that’s up to them.
Don’t get me wrong I think we need 1 or 2 in and will be annoyed if we don’t don’t get anyone but people losing their shit over a player they were told by respected journalists all summer we were never in for is just madness.
Maybe just maybe there’s no one out there at the moment who Klopp believes can improve us.
I’m all behind Mbappe2020!

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
Exactly.
Twitters is meltdown.
I'm convinced very few of those same "fans" watch any football outside of Liverpool. And I even have my doubts on how much LFC they even watch, let alone understand. At the top of the list is Matt "False Firmino" and his merry band of idiot followers.

Pepe was linked to Bayern in the Spring, to signing with Arsenal in the Summer. Precipitous drop, no? Arsenal were bidding against only themselves and were played beautifully by the agents.

JustHitMyHead

TIA Reserve Team
I think the reason Arsenal have probably gone for Pepe over Zaha is down to the repayment fee's,ok they would have to pay both off in yearly installments but for arguements sake,Lille have probably accepted £20mill over 4 years where as Palace probably wanted a lot more upfront and over less time,seeing as they'd owe United a % of the sale,plus also need funds to find a replacement.
Perhaps they went for Pepe because someone in management there couldn't stand watching Iwobi play for another season.

To me, that's enough reason to prioritize RW over a dreadful defence.

GaryBarlow99

Wouldn't surprise me if we enquired about Pepe and spoke to his agent but they were all about the money. Klopp only wants players who would jump at the chance to play for us so we moved on. This could be why the 'strongly worded' article from Mel Reddy came out where we said we have no interest.

treboeth

Fleeced is the word, poor Arsenal. Who now find themselves almost in the state we were late 90s.
What do you mean fleeced?
Arsenal are a fantastic well run Premier team.

I mean just this week I have received an email from Ston Krank offering me £11,567 a week to become their new ballboy/tealady,as soon as I send them my bank and personal details my contract is assured.

Barnestormer

Left wing.
What do you mean fleeced?
Arsenal are a fantastic well run Premier team.

I mean just this week I have received an email from Ston Krank offering me £11,567 a week to become their new ballboy/tealady,as soon as I send them my bank and personal details my contract is assured.
Check for a Nigerian IP address. Arsenal have lost status and are having to overpay for B-list potentiates.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
Yet on our TIA forum you seem to be the only one loseing their shit about this.
Defo not.
As I’ve stated I’ve never heard of him and never seen him play.

Just seen someone on twitter say his agent is getting €12m for sorting out deal. Crazy.

Last edited:

Flobs

FADA
Defo not.
As I’ve stated I’ve never heard of him and never seen him play.

Just seen someone on twitter say his agent is getting €12m for sorting out deal. Crazy.
It would help if you stated why you appear hysteric in the first place. i.e say what you saw on twitter or what ever as some of us like me don't go near that stuff and come on here to read some measured talk and chit chat. Not twitter inspired nut job stuff. :-)

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Ad-free Member
It would help if you stated why you appear hysteric in the first place. i.e say what you saw on twitter or what ever as some of us like me don't go near that stuff and come on here to read some measured talk and chit chat. Not twitter inspired nut job stuff.
He doesn't appear hysterical - he's laughing at other people losing their shit about it on twitter.

vjcpatriot

So Arsenal gets Pepe for 80m euros. That's a signing that will cause some buzz but will they win any more games next year?

They gave up 51 goals which is 3rd worst out of the top 10 PL clubs last season.

I guess they care more about selling more tickets than winning games.

Until they get a formidable defence in place, I'm not worried about them. They will be in the Europa league again if this is their only big signing of the window.

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
Pepe is a very good player. He is different in some ways to our front 3 yet has similar qualities. Good speed, willing to run into spaces, pretty hardworking, and scores. From a weaker league but Klopp looks at qualities that fit and can be developed, league and the team he plays for is of little relevance. I would love to have him here if were interested.

As for him going to Arsenal, I would fear for his development. Arsenal in recent years felt more like just throwing players into the team rather buying to build them into a team like what the early years of Wenger did. I think the 2nd top scorer of the French league will become another Lacazette, still good but never look like excellent.

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
According to the BBC he is about to sign for Arsenal.
Really wonder whether we were ever in for him or more likely Journos linking us to everyone old enough to pull boots on.

Lalo

Pepe is a very good player. He is different in some ways to our front 3 yet has similar qualities. Good speed, willing to run into spaces, pretty hardworking, and scores. From a weaker league but Klopp looks at qualities that fit and can be developed, league and the team he plays for is of little relevance. I would love to have him here if were interested.

As for him going to Arsenal, I would fear for his development. Arsenal in recent years felt more like just throwing players into the team rather buying to build them into a team like what the early years of Wenger did. I think the 2nd top scorer of the French league will become another Lacazette, still good but never look like excellent.
I like the boy. He may come from a lower league but he has shown his quality and I'd be happy to see him in EPL.
Just like Lille, Arsenal is a stepping stone he will use for his development, and imo he is not the money-grabbing fool some people suggest. He's had opportunities to go elsewhere for some time and I'm sure this will be a well-thought-out move. A successful one? Depends on his expectations...

richieh10

What’s the deal with this guy then is he any good coz I don’t know much about him.

Also I’m not really a big fan of buying Africans coz the afcon is held every 2 years

Status
Not open for further replies.