• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Nicolo Barella (CM) Cagliari

Status
Not open for further replies.

rupzzz

TIA Regular
Chelsea are keen to close a deal for highly-rated Cagliari midfielder Nicolo Barella, according to L’Unione Sarda.

The Blues are willing to pay £40m for the 21-year-old and there is a hope that Gianfranco Zola's personal relationship will help bring the player to Stamford Bridge.

Atletico Madrid are also thought to be interested.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Ad-free Member
Watched him in the friendly vs the USA, attacking an American who had never played LB. Bang average if you ask me. The guy who really impressed was Chiesa. Ran that LB all over the lot, good pace, very dangerous in the attack. I could see him on a wing at Anfield.
He's a centre mid, if he was playing on the right wing that probably explains why he was bang average.

StevieJayUSA

He's a centre mid, if he was playing on the right wing that probably explains why he was bang average.
He was playing on the right side of midfield, giving Chiesa support. Thought Chiesa looked more of a player that would fit in a Klopp side, but what the F do I know?

trygve76

TIA New Signing
Barella can fall out of matches sometimes, but do keep in mind he plays for Cagliari, the provincial clubs' provincial club. Their game is essentially to keep it tight and launch crosses towards Leonardo Pavoletti and get enough points at home to stay in the league (they are awful away from home, as are all clubs from the islands).

Chiesa also plays for an also-ran, but he is clearly Fiorentina's best player and his style should suit Liverpool perfectly. I'd love it if we signed him.

Status
Not open for further replies.